UbiBuck_'s Avatar Community Developer

Developer Update: May the 4th be with you

Hey everyone! Buck here back with another Developer Update. This week is Mystical week, so take a second to sit down and get Zen, while I give you the rundown for this week!

Here is the Weekly Timetable

As you can see we’ve got another week full of events! On Monday, we've got a Mystical themed token Collection event and Tuesday, we’ll have a Sexy Nun Randy Mission event.

Wednesday will also be the start of our weekly Challenge Mode! This week we'll be running the Spellbender Challenge, which means, all spells cost 1 energy and Youth Pastor Craig, will cost 10. We'll also have server maintenance on Wednesday at 8 AM UTC (4 AM EST). This is expected to last around 1 hour and the game will be unavailable during that time.

On Thursday we'll have a token collection event that will last for 48-Hours, with the rewards this time focused on upgrade items. Jumping to Saturday we’ll have an Angel Wendy card use event. During this event, you can gain points by using the following cards in PvP and winning matches with that deck:

• Angel Wendy
    • Poseidon Stan
    • Sexy Nun Randy
    • Jesus
    • Witch Doctor Token
    • Hercules Clyde
    • Cupid Cartman
    • Sheriff Cartman
    • Bounty Hunter Kyle
    • Sorceress Liane
    • Mysterion
    • Marcus

DISCORD

Don’t forget to join the official South Park: Phone Destroyer Discord Server! It's the best place for all South Park: Phone Destroyer discussions! If you’re interested in joining in and discussing more, click HERE

BALANCE CHANGES

As with every Legendary season reset, we'll have some balance changes coming to the game. These changes will go into effect following the legendary season reset, which is tomorrow, Tuesday, May 5th.

• Blood Elf Bebe- Reduced the HP gained per kill by 23% (from 35 to 27 at base level)
    • Sexy Nun Randy- Charge power time reduced by 33% (from 15 to 10 seconds) and reduced walk speed by 20%.
    • Poseidon Stan- Base HP increased by 13% (from 136 to 155). Base Attack increased by 13% (from base 30 to 34). Slowdown duration set to 8 seconds across all levels (Previous it started lower and upgraded to 8). Charge power time reduced by 20% (from 15 seconds to 12 seconds)
    • C ock Magic- Increased the cost to 6 (from 5)
    • Angel Wendy- Increase base health by 28% (from 70 to 90) and reduced the charge time on her power to 15 seconds (from 20)
    • Jesus- Will now respawn near the New Kid. Developer comment: We believe this change will allow Jesus to be used to better prepare a push or improve and heal a counter push in progress and allows him to better utilize his ranged attacks.

That's all we've got for now. If you have any questions, feel free to jump into our Discord server and ask any of us in there! Until next time, I'll see you on the streets of South Park!

-Your Community Team

Developer Update: May the 4th be with you

Hey everyone! Buck here back with another Developer Update. This week is Mystical week, so take a second to sit down and get Zen, while I give you the rundown for this week!

Here is the Weekly Timetable

As you can see we’ve got another week full of events! On Monday, we've got a Mystical themed token Collection event and Tuesday, we’ll have a Sexy Nun Randy Mission event.

Wednesday will also be the start of our weekly Challenge Mode! This week we'll be running the Spellbender Challenge, which means, all spells cost 1 energy and Youth Pastor Craig, will cost 10. We'll also have server maintenance on Wednesday at 8 AM UTC (4 AM EST). This is expected to last around 1 hour and the game will be unavailable during that time.

On Thursday we'll have a token collection event that will last for 48-Hours, with the rewards this time focused on upgrade items. Jumping to Saturday we’ll have an Angel Wendy card use event. During this event, you can gain points by using the following cards in PvP and winning matches with that deck:

• Angel Wendy
    • Poseidon Stan
    • Sexy Nun Randy
    • Jesus
    • Witch Doctor Token
    • Hercules Clyde
    • Cupid Cartman
    • Sheriff Cartman
    • Bounty Hunter Kyle
    • Sorceress Liane
    • Mysterion
    • Marcus

DISCORD

Don’t forget to join the official South Park: Phone Destroyer Discord Server! It's the best place for all South Park: Phone Destroyer discussions! If you’re interested in joining in and discussing more, click HERE

BALANCE CHANGES

As with every Legendary season reset, we'll have some balance changes coming to the game. These changes will go into effect following the legendary season reset, which is tomorrow, Tuesday, May 5th.

• Blood Elf Bebe- Reduced the HP gained per kill by 23% (from 35 to 27 at base level)
    • Sexy Nun Randy- Charge power time reduced by 33% (from 15 to 10 seconds) and reduced walk speed by 20%.
    • Poseidon Stan- Base HP increased by 13% (from 136 to 155). Base Attack increased by 13% (from base 30 to 34). Slowdown duration set to 8 seconds across all levels (Previous it started lower and upgraded to 8). Charge power time reduced by 20% (from 15 seconds to 12 seconds)
    • C ock Magic- Increased the cost to 6 (from 5)
    • Angel Wendy- Increase base health by 28% (from 70 to 90) and reduced the charge time on her power to 15 seconds (from 20)
    • Jesus- Will now respawn near the New Kid. Developer comment: We believe this change will allow Jesus to be used to better prepare a push or improve and heal a counter push in progress and allows him to better utilize his ranged attacks.

That's all we've got for now. If you have any questions, feel free to jump into our Discord server and ask any of us in there! Until next time, I'll see you on the streets of South Park!

-Your Community Team

g.Feco's Avatar Member
    Buck, please tell us when will be sci-fi and fantasy weeks, as it seems you keep repeating the other 4 and missing both of those. Why? Thank you!
     2 people found this helpful

nik_lin's Avatar Senior Member
    Time to change themes I guess. Yet another mystic event and CM cost raised so all the MBP + pope lovers can keep getting the upper hand energywise

You make it seem like what you are doing to Jesus is a buff. Its actually a major nerf to an already bad card as going back to new kid helps nobody. Him coming back and healing where he stood really helped with a push.
    Hed only help at new kid if you let him heal the new kid in revival
     1 people found this helpful

Guess it's time to leave again... Nerf all the cards that can deal with the absurd mystic OP and keep buffing mystic cards... If this last month wasn't enough with energy staff, zen, Hermes, choirboy, legendary at 4 and Pope being played 99% times at legendary rank... Keep doing this great and intelligent work you've done this almost 3 years, Redlynx!!!
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by fecog Go to original post
    Buck, please tell us when will be sci-fi and fantasy weeks, as it seems you keep repeating the other 4 and missing both of those. Why? Thank you!
    Fantasy is next week, Sci-Fi is the week after that!

Originally Posted by fecog Go to original post
    Fantasy is next week, Sci-Fi is the week after that!

Hi Buck. Please don't forget to send the feedback about challenges. It's a shame one of the game's best modes has such long waiting time for high ranked people, which in turn it's promoting more de-ranking issues. Again, PvP ranking can't fairly match all of your players because the performance in PvP doesn't necessarily reflect your challenges performance. With a separate system your ladderboard for challenges will also make more sense, thx.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Void_Away- Go to original post
    Hi Buck. Please don't forget to send the feedback about challenges. It's a shame one of the game's best modes has such long waiting time for high ranked people, which in turn it's promoting more de-ranking issues. Again, PvP ranking can't fairly match all of your players because the performance in PvP doesn't necessarily reflect your challenges performance. With a separate system your ladderboard for challenges will also make more sense, thx.
    The team is currently working on some bigger Challenge mode improvements. When I have a better timeframe to when those are coming, I'll share that with you all!

Originally Posted by Void_Away- Go to original post
    The team is currently working on some bigger Challenge mode improvements. When I have a better timeframe to when those are coming, I'll share that with you all!

What is the status of figuring out a new PvP ranking system. The current one makes it extremely easy to derank. I'm constantly battling people with units that are always a higher level than mine. I am not the only one with this problem. I also feel that it isn't at. We have too many things against us to have a normal winning average. If it isn't the constant battle against we have to deal with a bad luck hand. I could forgive one if wasn't for the other but this only adds insult to injury.

Any status of when TvT will be fixed to stop exploiting of brackets and teams running 51+ members to gain additional caps and loss prevention?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►