Can’t wait to play it looks great roll on the holiday season
     1 people found this helpful

Assassin’s creed Valhalla Xbox one & Xbox series X

What I would like to know is if (when the game is released) purchase the game for Xbox one, will it be possible to upgrade the game for free to the Xbox series x?

Originally Posted by hackett360 Go to original post
    What I would like to know is if (when the game is released) purchase the game for Xbox one, will it be possible to upgrade the game for free to the Xbox series x?
    The XBone version MIGHT be backwards compatible with the Series X (same with the PS4 version on the PS5), but I can't imagine they'll let you upgrade from one version of the game to another for free when they could potentially get people to buy the same game twice.

They didn't do it for Black Flag, did they? Not being sarcastic there, genuinely asking - did they?

EDIT: So I looked into it, and it turns out Microsoft has a thing called "Smart delivery". Basically, if you buy an Xbox game that supports this, you'll get access to the best version of that game whatever console you're playing it on.

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla apparently supports this, so theoretically if you buy it for the XBone and then play it on the Series X, you'll be playing the Series X version of the game, not the XBone one. But if you go back and play it on the XBone, you'll still be able to play the XBone version.

I wasn't aware of this feature being applied to games that aren't Microsoft published, but it's a really neat idea and I'm all in favour of it!

So to answer your original question - yes, apparently you can 'upgrade' for free, as evidenced by several listings for the game stating this feature.

EDIT2: Hang on - it's coming to the Epic Store but not Steam? BOYCOTTED! (jk)

If you read or watch what Xbox are saying which ever you buy will go either way if you upgrade your machine

So just to clarify... the gameplay is get beat by the first big guy you find and then fingers crossed he stops killing you, looks away for a few seconds and then you can stab him in the eye

Geweldig! Vikingen en de terugkeer van de hidden blade! Als groot ac fan kan ik niet wachten om te spelen
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by assassinmartie Go to original post
    Geweldig! Vikingen en de terugkeer van de hidden blade! Als groot ac fan kan ik niet wachten om te spelen
    For those who don't speak Dutch:

"Awesome! Vikings and the return of the hidden blade! As a big ac fan I can't wait to play"

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234