Ubi-Gaidheal's Avatar Community Developer

[UPDATE] SSE4.1 Instruction Set Incompatibility

Following the release of our latest Title Update, we are aware that players using CPUs with no SSE4.1 instruction set are no longer able to launch the game.

While in the past we have been able to implement a hotfix for players to run the game on these CPUs, we’re no longer able to support those efforts. In order to ensure the best possible experience, players will now be able to run The Crew 2 on PC on SSE4.1 compatible CPUs only. Processors with no AVX instruction set also being below minimum specifications, and not officially supported, we cannot guarantee compatibility for these CPUs moving forward either.

The full PC specifications can be found on the official The Crew 2 website: https://ubi.li/Ghs0E

We would like to extend our warmest thanks to affected players for their passion, and reassure them that their progression will stay intact. Should they be able to join us again in Motornation in the future, they can pick up their journey right where they left off.

Ubi-Gaidheal's Avatar Community Developer

[UPDATE] SSE4.1 Instruction Set Incompatibility

Following the release of our latest Title Update, we are aware that players using CPUs with no SSE4.1 instruction set are no longer able to launch the game.

While in the past we have been able to implement a hotfix for players to run the game on these CPUs, we’re no longer able to support those efforts. In order to ensure the best possible experience, players will now be able to run The Crew 2 on PC on SSE4.1 compatible CPUs only. Processors with no AVX instruction set also being below minimum specifications, and not officially supported, we cannot guarantee compatibility for these CPUs moving forward either.

The full PC specifications can be found on the official The Crew 2 website: https://ubi.li/Ghs0E

We would like to extend our warmest thanks to affected players for their passion, and reassure them that their progression will stay intact. Should they be able to join us again in Motornation in the future, they can pick up their journey right where they left off.

so i have a issue main menu lags 10-5 fps lowest settings also it only works in Intel HD Graphics 4600 so this GPU is dead also i use GTX 560 Ti Now and Lags 10-5 fps with lowest settings

Since Update
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-MrDrPink's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by SevenUPcooler Go to original post
    so i have a issue main menu lags 10-5 fps lowest settings also it only works in Intel HD Graphics 4600 so this GPU is dead also i use GTX 560 Ti Now and Lags 10-5 fps with lowest settings

Since Update
    This was taken from our Known Issues forum post which can found here

Originally Posted by Ubi-Nox Go to original post
    [Fixed in next patch] [PC] Performance issues (FPS drops): Players are reporting major performance issues on PC following the release of the Inner Drive update (game forcing the use of an integrated GPU instead of main video card).
    • Status: [Fixed in next patch] A fix has been identified, to be rolled out with our next patch. Please follow our official channels for further information.

That sounds like disrespect to the clients. We tested this game, then bought it and now we can`t play it? What if all of the Phenom`s users will ask you for moneyback?
     5 people found this helpful

And UBI soft wonders why they are losing business. They lost so much market share last year that they got rid of a lot of people because of using the same old formula in the games. All 2020 releases are apparently on hold until they develop something more exciting than the usual same-o same-o themes. Heard that last week on one of the gaming shows on tv
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by xalins Go to original post
    That sounds like disrespect to the clients. We tested this game, then bought it and now we can`t play it? What if all of the Phenom`s users will ask you for moneyback?
    Thats something we will probably ask, because we are poor people who still keep using 10 year old hardware and can't upgrade. Then they will say you played 10 hours bla bla bla. They made this game as a service and it keeps evolving and new challenges rise all the time.

DatWut's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by xalins Go to original post
    These CPUs were never on the supported list though.
    It's the same as buying a game while still running a Win98 PC and being lucky that the game works.

Yeah, sad but partically true, this CPUs are old, but not so bad, they can show more than some of the current popular CPUs.

But we have a free trial version, that we can try and then buy this game cause it running good enough with this old CPUs. So if developers plan to update the game and broke it for some Phenom`s users, why they cant just add some code for testing current PC that will show us some alert, or even will block our game launching?

So that we understand what we are buying and what to expect.

DatWut's Avatar Senior Member
    The trial version is the same as the full game, there's no technical difference there, the trial won't work anymore now either. And that the game has worked was... well, luck I guess? As I said, the Phenom CPUs were never officially supported, and with a game developing further and further, with new features being added and whatnot, maybe even some of the currently supported hardware might eventually be outdated (I am just speculating here).

Fully understand and agree with you, my Phenom is old.

But lets just speculate, "some of the currently supported hardware might eventually be outdated" and you think its normal? Even if PC is compatible, that is normal if it will be not... in the nearest future?

Also, what if, some of the users, cant understood system requirements? There is a lot of CPUs on the market and a lot of models, and will be more with each year... more technologies, SSE 5 maybe...
    All that we can see is Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-6100 @ 3.3 GHz (thats always anoying me, i dont know all the CPUs models in the world, i dont know anything about generations, cores, frequencys and i dont even want to know...that just a useless information for me) And then i see a trial version or a free weekend, and think, that i can just try, not googling, maybe my PC is compatible?
    You think its not logically? Looks like not customer friendly situation)
     2 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►