Virtual-Chris's Avatar Senior Member

Community Challenge - How long can you stay alive?

So the challenge is to see how long you can stay alive. Hopefully this lasts days or even weeks and not hours. LOL.

You need to start with a new character so we're all starting from the same point.

The key metric is "Total kills in PvE" (highlighted in RED in the screen shot below). Ideally, if you're setting a new all-time high, your stat for "Longest NPC kill series without dying" will match. However this latter stat is across all your save slots so it may not match.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-4-26-16-16-29 by Virtual-Chris (Junk Photos), on Flickr

The whole challenge is based on the honour system. There's no prize so we're only cheating ourselves if we don't play honourably.

Since it's a "challenge" we should all use the hardest settings in immersion mode:
    - Difficulty Enemies = Extreme
    - Difficulty Tactical = Elite
    - Interface = Minimal (plus disable other aids like hit markers, detection gauge and warning messages)

EDIT/Update: I'm updating the requirements for injuries: You can set the chance of injuries to be set to "Often" instead of "Always". The combination of Extreme and injuries always is just too much. It means nearly every time you get shot, you will die. And while hard-core purists can still run with "Always" if they want, and get my utmost respect, it's not mandatory. (Discuss it in thread).

EDIT/Update 2: If you want to run with the hardest settings (injuries = "Always") then be sure to take advantage of eating at Bivouac which provides you a 40% buff to avoiding injuries.

Here are the settings I'm using in addition to "Minimal" HUD

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-4-26-16-17-38 by Virtual-Chris (Junk Photos), on Flickr

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-4-26-16-18-14 by Virtual-Chris (Junk Photos), on Flickr

There's no limits on class, tactics, weapons, gear, skills, etc. except I think we need to all agree that we are not going to use helicopters for killing in this challenge. Only for transportation. Any other obvious exploits to get a lot of kills without much risk of dying should be discussed here before using them.

You can play whatever content you want... explore, campaign, side missions, whatever you want.

Good luck Ghosts! Kick some A$$! Play tactical and cautious... you're in this for the long haul. As Bone Frog would say... don't race to your death!
     3 people found this helpful

I'll be starting a new character for this. No missions, just traveling from the crash moving south.
    I'll be streaming tonight's session. Mixer.com/the_crockford

Let's see what you've got Ghosts.

Edit: Stream seems to be having bandwidth issues.

So I suck. I got to Erewhon, geared up, and went out and got engaged with a patrol then a helicopter and a passing truck on the road all got involved and I was dead in short order. Literally in the first 30 minutes after leaving Erewhon. LOL.

Will try again tomorrow.

OK will set mine up later, hopefully headache gone
    Means deleting a profile thanks to UBI not being able to count any higher lol. Setting will be exact to your setup.
    Hopefully any who join, will be serious and abide by the Queensbury rules

Originally Posted by Virtual-Chris Go to original post
    So I suck. I got to Erewhon, geared up, and went out and got engaged with a patrol then a helicopter and a passing truck on the road all got involved and I was dead in short order. Literally in the first 30 minutes after leaving Erewhon. LOL.

Will try again tomorrow.
    I suck even more Tried to take out the wolves at the second checkpoint and got my *** kicked big time, that what happens when you forget about the difficulty and crappy weapons

Edit: I got 10 kills before I got my *** handed to me by the wolves

LOL got 16 kills

do we delete profile and start again?

At Erewhom 21 kills from new profile. Now the fun begins

UbiBlush's Avatar Community Representative
    Ooohh, nice challenge! It's really interesting to see how far people get.

Really good tactical training too.

Originally Posted by stdape Go to original post
    LOL got 16 kills

do we delete profile and start again?
    Yeah... that's the idea... how far can you get with a new character.

MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    IMO two additional conditions should be considered to make the challenge more even for all players (or consider making it part of another community challenge):

1. no class selection at all. XP/leveling not a factor. Similar in concept to doing a no-skills run in Wildlands.

2. no weapons obtained via the Raid (or from any source which isn't in the basic standard game).

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... Last ►►