Anno 1800 Crashing to Desktop

Hello, since buying Anno1800 on 4/16/2020 I've had nothing but problems. So far I've only tried to play the campaign mode and while a new game may only crash every hour at first, the crashes become increasingly frequent and always end with the game crashing seconds after loading a saved game. I started multiple new games and this pattern has held true in every instance. The game also stutters very badly, particularly on the loading screen and right before the game crashes to the desktop. No error message ever appears after a crash, the game simply stutters, freezes for a few seconds and crashes to my desktop where Uplay is open. I've sent a couple of crash reports to Ubisoft when the game crashes, but typically the crash doesn't prompt a crash report. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'd really like to play this game, but it's simply unplayable right now.

I opened a support case with Ubisoft, case number 11529725

I recorded a video of the game crashing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMh8...ature=youtu.be

Here is the list of things I've already tried:
    Running the game at the lowest settings
    Running all PC hardware at stock speeds
    Running Anno 1800 after a fresh boot without starting any other programs
    Disabling all startup programs such as Steam or Geforce experience
    Running the game in both DX11 and DX12
    Running the game in fullscreen and windowed mode
    Running the game with V-sync both on and off
    Lowering my refresh rate to 60hz
    Verifying all the game files through Uplay
    Updated my graphics card drivers to the latest version
    Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it
    Disabling my firewall
    Updating my motherboard BIOS
    Running Anno 1800 on fresh install of Windows 10 64-bit on a new SSD with no other software installed
    Disabled Internet Connection Sharing
    Flushing my DNS
    Resetting host files
    Ensuring that Windows is not utilizing any Proxy settings

DxDiag:
    Windows Error Reporting:
    +++ WER0 +++:
    Fault bucket 2301531825179403519, type 5
    Event Name: AppHangB1
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: Anno1800.exe
    P2: 14.9202.0.2512
    P3: 5e94936b
    P4: 4586
    P5: 134217728
    P6:
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

+++ WER1 +++:
    Fault bucket 1331921816673739386, type 5
    Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: Anno1800.exe
    P2: 14.9202.0.2512
    P3: 10.0.18363.2.0.0
    P4:
    P5:
    P6:
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs)
    32768MB RAM (32GB) 3200MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
     4 people found this helpful

Dude many people in the same situation with some kinda CTD and all we can hear is open a ticket here or do this work around over there like is only one or two people. I have already lost count of how many weeks I havent been able to play because of this crap and no news whatsoever about it. WOW nice present they give us for a million players really.
     7 people found this helpful

I have the same thing.. . Anno is crashing after few minutes / seconds after it loads any savegame. What more it crash also on Benchmark dx11 and dx12. I never had any problems with anno and since today it is unplayable I've already send like 5 crash reports via Uplay. And I have almost the same system and video card as you so I am posting this below your post I hope that they will fix it asap
     2 people found this helpful

Same for me, from today on it started to crash after few seconds...

+1

I have the exact same problem
     3 people found this helpful

Same for me, after 10 minutes ingame.
     3 people found this helpful

Same problem here

While my system should support 4K gaming, I got it only running with lower settings in the past month.
    However, from today it crushes after a few seconds..

Hi,

Our MP game crashes since the last update (I guess?). Both players have updated graphics card drivers, uplay, game version aswell as C++ redistributable, DirectX and verified game files. Tried both on DX11 as well as DX12. I've submitted several crash reports. Attaching my dxdiag.

Support tickets cant be made, Only live chat, but that is not availible.

Please assist.
     1 people found this helpful

Same Issue

Hi,

I've got the exact same issue since yesterday. Updated Anno, did auto-repair in Steam and tried to update all that gets in touch with this game.
    No matter what we do, the game crashes in multiplayer after a maximum time of 10 minutes after loading a savegame. Sometimes even after a few Seconds.
    Not playable anymore, this is really sad. I wanted to roll back to an older patch, cause i think this has something to do with the latest upadte. Unfortunately there are no older releases avaiable to choose in steam like many other games do. Please fix this asap.

I've sent Ubisoft several crash-reports over the crash report utility.
     1 people found this helpful

Same. I've actually had ZERO issues with Anno until TODAY. Now - my save game crashes to desktop within seconds after loading. I've tried three times with the exact same issue and sent three crash reports. The only thing happening during the crash is the newspaper prompt for review before publishing - but even if I load the game and do nothing, not even move the mouse, it crashes after a number of seconds.

EDIT: I have verified game files through Uplay (all verified successfully) and also updated my graphics driver. Problem still remains. I play Anno through the Epic Games Store.

EDIT: I'm sharing what Ubi support has offered so far. Unfortunately, neither option worked for me.
    "I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but we are seeing issues with Nvidia RTX 2070 and 2080 with 1080p and 1440p resolutions.
    We are investigating this issue.

At the moment, we suggest starting the game with DirectX11 while we continue to investigate the cause.
    To run the game on DirectX11 you just have to delete the config file - you can find that in " %userprofile%\Anno 1800\config\engine.ini "
    alternative you can also edit the Line ("Device Type": "DX11",) to ("Device Type": "DX12",) in the engine.ini file
    If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us."

EDIT: I also tried changing the game options to Dx11 and restarted. Still crashed, just as before.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►