Running an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X with an RTX 2060 Super.
    Normally the game would CTD with an error message, but after these recent updates, it now just closes with no warning.

CRASH game anno 1800

Anno 1800 has been crashing again over 2 months. I haven't played new DLC I did followed setting on this forum and cant find any error file. also missing short cut game file.

Ubi-Milky's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Ceeneon Go to original post
    Running an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X with an RTX 2060 Super.
    Normally the game would CTD with an error message, but after these recent updates, it now just closes with no warning.
    Originally Posted by Kittyhunter709 Go to original post
    Anno 1800 has been crashing again over 2 months. I haven't played new DLC I did followed setting on this forum and cant find any error file. also missing short cut game file.
    Hi there, after mentioning your game has been crashing, but only after the recent updates, can I ask if either of you are using a VPN or anti-virus when the game crashes?

Before delving into other troubleshooting contained in this thread, a good first step is to whitelist the game and launcher in your anti-virus software and disabling your VPN.

Let me know if this worked for you or not for recent crashes.

Hey there, crashing occured a few day ago (so I think it is not update- related in my case) I sent many crash reports- It's random crash to desktop w/ like 1 sec stutter before, sometimes after 1hour of gameplay, now it is 7-10 minutes, so it is unplayable... I ve tried cache clear, system checkups- nothing helped

I have like 180hrs+ on record, but it happened on my last game after 30-33hrs and it is quite specific gameplay because In this session I have many many ships and oil harbours and I'm doing a lot of manual loading/unloading goods to transfer or sale. Crashing occurs when I manipulate with ships/ports...

I feel the same way then you and I did nearly all the things you did also sent tickets and NO HELP AT ALL FROM UBISOFT or UPLAY.
    instead of rechecking the last patch they made they ask you to send in formations about your computer.

It is not your computer the problem it is the dev who don't want to take the time to reexamine all the files and folders of the game and
    make another patch. It is a darn SHAME!! til now in my mind this game is the best that ubisoft never made before.

The truth is Ubisoft wanted to make a big amount of money fast so they give us a bug game and don't care about the anno community.
    I am not interested to buy another game from UBISOFT for a long long time.

All the very best to you all.

I have no vpn and all my games run very well with antivirus ON Please check the work of your developer intsead of asking us a multitude of questions
    the dev MUST reexamine ANNO 1800 entirely and fix the darn problem. We paid good money for a cray game SHAME on you guys at YBISOFT.

Originally Posted by annfokker Go to original post
    Hey there, crashing occured a few day ago (so I think it is not update- related in my case) I sent many crash reports- It's random crash to desktop w/ like 1 sec stutter before, sometimes after 1hour of gameplay, now it is 7-10 minutes, so it is unplayable... I ve tried cache clear, system checkups- nothing helped

I have like 180hrs+ on record, but it happened on my last game after 30-33hrs and it is quite specific gameplay because In this session I have many many ships and oil harbours and I'm doing a lot of manual loading/unloading goods to transfer or sale. Crashing occurs when I manipulate with ships/ports...
    Ok, after countless desktops, I've done some older saves and cache down once again, started a new game and it seems to be fine... played a new map for couple of hours and no crashes at all. After switching to "troubled" save where the game's occured to crash- the problem still insists... So something is obviously corupted there... I hope ubi guys checked the reports- I know this troubleshooting and patching is the worst and the most complicated part though. Good luck, it would be shame if this 1800 ended up in this mess unpatched. Looking for the new update and final dlc to come...

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello everyone!

I can see some of you are still experiencing crashing issues today and I'd like to help in any way I can.

After reviewing our known crashing issues and your own experiences in this thread, I'm unable to offer any further suggestions at this time. We've not been able to reproduce this kind of behaviour, and so our best course if action is to start by troubleshooting in a logical order.

To start with, we always recommend following our basic troubleshooting support article: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000025947/

Anti-virus is a common conflict as it can quarantine game files, therefore we always suggest whitelisting both Uplay and the game.

If the crashing continues we can then recommend contacting us directly with the following files -

- A MsInfo report: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/faqs/21216/
    - A DxDiag report: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/faqs/21185/
    - Your affected save file

Our technical support team can then review everything and offer more in-depth steps.

I appreciate you may have heard the above steps repeated on multiple occasions. As we have not experienced this issue ourselves we can only investigate each player's issue on a case-by-case basis for the time being.

Thank you all for your time!

Originally Posted by qal1h Go to original post
    Also the game crashed for me because I was maxing out my available RAM.

I therefore increased the page file size on the window SSD and the SSD the game was installed on.
    Thanks, this worked for me. I set a fixed page file ages ago and forgot all about it - increasing it to 16gb (same as my system ram) seems to have stopped the CTDs I was having. The game behaves a little differently now, but it seems to be stable. Cheers

Ubi-Milky's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by ;15006599
    Try running the DX12 benchmark and re-try the game.
    Also the game crashed for me because I was maxing out my available RAM.
    I therefore increased the page file size on the window SSD and the SSD the game was installed on.
    Also closing Firefox and Chrome that use plenty of RAM helped.
    Can those who are having the problem report the system RAM usage?
    Hi qal1h and robespeare, thank you for posting in this thread and sharing your workaround for our players, appreciated.

Finally I resolved my issue. The issue was that when I booted the game through Steam or Uplay the game would crash instantly. No splashscreen, no black screen. It wouldn't even start. When I would start it on Steam I would see that small Steam loading box and then it would crash. So I read somewhere that I should run the anno1800.exe file in admin mode, so I gave it a shot. But then I got an error: mfreadwrite.dll was not found after a quick google search it seems this issue happens on Windows 10N installations without the Media Pack update.

There are several ways to get the media pack for Windows 10N but the downloadable ones didn't work for me. So I installed it through Windows self:

start > apps & features > Optional Features > Media Feature Pack, after installation is complete you need to reboot and then I was able to Start the game through Steam.
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...ame-wont-start

So it's very annoying Steam and Uplay don't actually give any feedback on why the game is crashing (in my situation at least). So try to start the game directly from the executable to see what's up.

Good luck.

Ubi-WheelyDuck's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by alucardu Go to original post
    Finally I resolved my issue. The issue was that when I booted the game through Steam or Uplay the game would crash instantly. No splashscreen, no black screen. It wouldn't even start. When I would start it on Steam I would see that small Steam loading box and then it would crash. So I read somewhere that I should run the anno1800.exe file in admin mode, so I gave it a shot. But then I got an error: mfreadwrite.dll was not found after a quick google search it seems this issue happens on Windows 10N installations without the Media Pack update.

There are several ways to get the media pack for Windows 10N but the downloadable ones didn't work for me. So I installed it through Windows self:

start > apps & features > Optional Features > Media Feature Pack, after installation is complete you need to reboot and then I was able to Start the game through Steam.
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...ame-wont-start

So it's very annoying Steam and Uplay don't actually give any feedback on why the game is crashing (in my situation at least). So try to start the game directly from the executable to see what's up.

Good luck.
    Hey alucardu,

First of all it is great to hear that you found a solution to the problem.

It is also brilliant that you chose to share the solution you found as this may well help others experiencing this.

Thank you for sharing and hope you enjoy the game!

Anno 1800 crash

I seem to only have this problem (crashes, no error message) when i get up to the Engineer Stage - starts getting a bit unstable around Artisan/New World, but Engineer stage it crashes every second save (if i'm lucky) any ideas???

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Andie77508 Go to original post
    I seem to only have this problem (crashes, no error message) when i get up to the Engineer Stage - starts getting a bit unstable around Artisan/New World, but Engineer stage it crashes every second save (if i'm lucky) any ideas???
    Hey! Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue.

Could you try the steps advised by alucardu above to see if they help?

If not please let us know. Thank you.

I played around 100 hours during lockdown earlier in the year, I come back to Anno yesterday and it crashes on launching the game. There's the small window that tells you its syncing with the cloud etc etc then goes to full screen, theres a black screen for a while then it crashes. I did manage to get the game to work yesterday by following a suggestion online; delete the 'ubisoft game launcher' file from 'appdata ; local' however in trying to replicate that this morning it doesn't work again.

Edit:

I've managed to get it to launch again today by literally just launching it over and over again untill it plays, however I started trying that about THREE hours ago!! I didn't change anything between the last crash and the successful launch so it seems completely random as to when it wants to start!

Make sure you manually disable your virus and malware programs. My Kaspersky Virus program which I LOVE, does not like NVIDIA and CREATIVE driver installs.

​I have just increased my System page File to "let Windows manage it" on my D: drive(mechanical) to stop CTD and Direct 12x errors. Will let you know result.

Direct X12 crash is caused by adding or subtracting in the trade route screen. It starts to flicker and CTD, thank G-d the program saves your progress. Looks like a memory leak/bug or using protected memory. Please patch and fix ASAP. Great game when it works, but very, very demanding on your hardware!

Anyone else have an issue with Anno 1800 crashing after donating item to the Scholars? The game has had no issues my entire gameplay since purchase, but when I finally got to Scholars, I went to donate common/rare items the game crashes a few moments later.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Newbie0186 Go to original post
    I played around 100 hours during lockdown earlier in the year, I come back to Anno yesterday and it crashes on launching the game. There's the small window that tells you its syncing with the cloud etc etc then goes to full screen, theres a black screen for a while then it crashes. I did manage to get the game to work yesterday by following a suggestion online; delete the 'ubisoft game launcher' file from 'appdata ; local' however in trying to replicate that this morning it doesn't work again.

Edit:

I've managed to get it to launch again today by literally just launching it over and over again untill it plays, however I started trying that about THREE hours ago!! I didn't change anything between the last crash and the successful launch so it seems completely random as to when it wants to start!
    Similiar issue here. Played for hours without issues in March/April. Now i'm back to the game, i'm on the same PC, and it crashes every 20-30 minutes. GeForce RTX 2060.

Anyone had luck fixing this?

Huh, seems like changing to Direct11 stopped crashed for me, i've been playing for 3 hours without a single crash

(Used to crash randomly every 20-30 minutes on DX12 without any errors)

Hello everyone!

I can see this thread has recently regained some life, let's try to solve your issues.

Here are our known crashing issues -

- Donating "A Child's Letter" - We are investigating
    - Reach the New World - Investigating, we would like save files to help us
    - DirectX unexpected error - A fix was previously implemented and it seems to have worked. We troubleshoot this on an individual basis.
    - Windows 7 - Making sure Ubisoft Connect's overlay is enabled should stop the crashes

Hopefully this information helps! If your crash does not reflect the above and you're unsure how to proceed, let me know!

The following support article should help with most crashing issues: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000025947/

I just downloaded loaded Anno 1800 a few days ago and it plays fine for about an hour and then it will just hang mid-game. Sometimes it's a CTD other times it freezes and the only way out is to force a PC reset. Definitely not a spec issue since I'm on a i9-10900k, 128gb RAM and geforce 3090. Also this morning I noticed I was getting massive flickering of some of the graphics mid game before it crashed. Tried all the usual things: verifying files, reinstall, changing to direct x11 etc...none of that has helped.

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by countoftuscany1 Go to original post
    I just downloaded loaded Anno 1800 a few days ago and it plays fine for about an hour and then it will just hang mid-game. Sometimes it's a CTD other times it freezes and the only way out is to force a PC reset. Definitely not a spec issue since I'm on a i9-10900k, 128gb RAM and geforce 3090. Also this morning I noticed I was getting massive flickering of some of the graphics mid game before it crashed. Tried all the usual things: verifying files, reinstall, changing to direct x11 etc...none of that has helped.
    Hey there,

Sorry to see you're having issues!

Do you receive any specific error messages or codes when the game crashes?

It may be worth trying a driver rollback (if possible for the 3090).

As well as a system file check

If you're still having issues, please open a case on our Support Site and send over your system files.

DxDiag

Msinfo

We'd be more than happy to take a closer look!

You can also reach us on Facebook and Twitter

Thank you!

My game started crashing today, just seconds after starting it. Can't even make it to the menu.

Game was working fine on high preset, wanted to try out very high and now I can't even play a second.

Anyone has an idea? Any way to reset game settings so I can play on high?

Daimkrysset's Avatar Junior Member
    I updated directx through the method suggested earlier and it still crashes spontaneously. I can't provide dxdiag or msinfo files since it's not possible to open a case due to covid-19 so how are we supposed to provide you with the information you need to fix this??

Edit: seems the covid-19 pandemic is suddenly over and we're now once again able to open cases...

Daimkrysset's Avatar Junior Member
    Letting Windows 10 manage my swapfile on my secondary SSD drive made the game crash within a minute of loading up my new save I started recently since the latest update to the game.

don't start

Hi Guys

Can some1 help me?
    I have purchased the 2 season passes and it was playing fine.
    Now there was a update a few days ago and i can't even play anymore..

@Spenk12 please verify your game files or reinstall the game if verifying does not help. If that does not help, try using dx11. Additionally you can manually check if your windows and your drivers are all up to date.

I also can't play since the latest update. Verifying game files, reinstalling the game, and switching between DX 12 and DX 11 didn't solve the problem.

have you tried that yet?

Try this:
    first from system settings to advanced system settings, then to virtual memory (settings) in the next tab on advanced, virtual memory (change) In the next tab, please check whether you have a tick for Manage drives automatically.Please take it out. Restart the PC and switch from DX12 to DX11. It worked for me. I hope it works for you too.

https://ibb.co/TtvSQX4

Same for me. Since 2 days Anno chrash druing the start. I already played 156 hours withou a problem. Three time I run the check files. Re install the whole game doesn't help.
     1 people found this helpful

So obviously everyone's crashing since the last update. It's actually kinda relief for me because I just installed a new pair of RAM and thought they were defected lol.

Relax guys I'm sure they're trying their best to fix it.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 With Radeon RX 5700XT

Mine plays but when the graphics card driver was outdated it would crash back to the desktop without opening. After I updated the drivers it works fine. But mind you using the newest bet drivers it will crash also. I can play for hours without fail. So maybe many of you are crashing because of the video drivers?

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

For those of you reporting further crashing issues, please give the steps in our guide a try.

If you're still having issues, please open a case on our Support Site and send over your system files.

DxDiag

Msinfo

We'd be more than happy to take a closer look!

Hello,
    would the log file in Anno1800 folder in documents not help you?

Originally Posted by munasef1 Go to original post
    Hello,
    would the log file in Anno1800 folder in documents not help you?
    Hey! Apologies for not seeing your post earlier.

The system files mentioned above are often enough but yes, that's a great suggestion. If you are able to provide those too, it would be very helpful.

Same issue here, no email support and chat is offline too

Email support is closed so we can't attach the requested files

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Hombre20202020 Go to original post
    Email support is closed so we can't attach the requested files
    You can contact us via a private message on our social media channels here:

Facebook

Twitter

Alternatively, you can reach out to us via a support ticket HERE or a live chat HERE.

Thank you.