BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    Some of you know that I've got a cockpit project in the works, but what you don't know is I don't own many power tools. In fact the boat I built last year was built with all hand tools. I've just never had the money for powered stuff.

So I took a loan against my 401k to grab a sailboat at a good price but someone else go to the boat before the loan was processed. I was bummed. But then I realized that I could use that money for TOOLS.

So I went Lowe's to grab a table saw. It doesn't have to be a great tables saw because anything is an improvement over the handsaw. While I'm there an employee walks up and says "so are you interested in a band saw?". I told him no I came for a table saw. He tells me he'll cut me a deal on a floor unit. I say "how much?". His response: $100.

Hell yeah. Wrap it up.

So I grabbed a new stanley plane (I really am a sucker for hand tools) and a cheapish table saw by black and decker.

Now I can return to my cockpit project. Well, after I build a new canoe. And maybe a bed. Oh and I could use some shelves in the computer room.

Yeeeaaa!!! Power tools FTW!!11

I build my own hockey sticks with my vast array of power toolage!

Good stuff Baldie, the cost of power tools just keeps coming down and down, good to see you're making proper use of them (aeroplanes and boats)!

BSS_Goat's Avatar Senior Member
    Balbie!! NICE TOOL!!

Post up a pic of your boat...
    This is the one I made last year.

WaterFowler

I used to do that alot, then moved away from the major flight coridor, and have since started chasing other critters.

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    Goat...Your photo zucks....Repost with better please as I was hoping to see how your layout boat went.

SlickStick's Avatar Banned
    Phew, power tools....I thought you were trolling the forums for a date.

My grandpa had many wood-working power and hand tools in his basement...a lathe, belt sander, table saw, jigsaws, routers, etc. In his retirement years, he enjoyed creating wooden statues of wildlife. He once created an awesome Bald Eagle with an almost 2-foot scale wingspan.

Hmmm, that could be a good flying handle for you, given one of your recent threads...BaldEagle.

BSS_Goat's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by LEBillfish:
    Goat...Your photo zucks....Repost with better please as I was hoping to see how your layout boat went.
    I'll trade ya pics...

I'm not sure I have any better ones ...I'll check after lunch.

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by BSS_Goat:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:
    I'll trade ya pics...

I'm not sure I have any better ones ...I'll check after lunch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure...I will make even fresh pics to trade....But, we do it here....

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    Dude my boat is pathetic. Its an 8-foot skiff. I'm still fairly proud of it tho cause it was cut out with a japanese pull saw. The gunwales were rabbited with a rabbit plane. I faired her with scrap wood and sandpaper. She turned out really nice for such a small boat.

I want to do a duckboat too. I just want to cammo something