How easy to beat 2 Star AI?

Hello all, So I've just reached Engineers and I cant get access to rum for the people all the reasonable new world places have been taken up so I'm thinking of getting rid of this baron and how easy it will be to do so? I've got about 6 ships of the line at the moment and some frigates but planning to build more.

I've never done war before so I dont know how it works can I just rush the harbours? Or should I pick off the defences first. any advice appriciated!

Adieu2's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm playing on advanced right now, and honestly, the best thing I did in this game, was attack the AI's main base. I've done it with 2, both of which declared war on me. First George for using propaganda, and then Carl von whatsit.

I'm friendly now with George, since I don't need Propaganda anymore, but I'm never making peace with Carl. He has no Islands in The New World, and I'm not letting him. He has 3 small Island in The Old World, and they very difficult for him - sailing past my guns.

I also flattened both Pirates. I thought I might get some Legendary stuff out of it - but you get nothing. I'm now trying to build relations with Jeane. He pays me for ceasefire($60,000), but I have to batter him every time ceasefire is over, before he wants another ceasefire. He's not managed to sink a single trade ship the last 2 times I get a few points up, and a few points down with him, but generally it's up, as you get +8 for agreeing a ceasefire. I think I'm around 36 now, from 0 start point. You can buy Legendary stuff from them I believe, which I want only for Expeditions.

Edit:

I could easily end the game now, but want to build up to 10,000 Investors for Major World Fair, then do the DLC. I've spent days on this Campaign.

LOL long story adieu but you never answer his question.

@doomsplitter: it's difficult to say outright because it depends on a few things. How advanced are you? How advanced is he? How many defences does his island have? How big is his fleet? Is his fleet close enough to help? Do you have any ship items? Does your world mean you have to spread your force (for instance if all your trade ships will get destroyed if you declare war)?

So I will not answer your question outright but instead I'll give you two simple tips:
    1. this game has save games. Not sure how it'll go? Make a save and just attack. See what happens. Not what you hoped? Load the save from before. The only thing lost is 15 minutes.
    2. ship items really make a difference.

Adieu2's Avatar Senior Member
    I thought I had.

It's hard if you want to deal with them being at war with you constantly. It's easy if you build a fleet of Ships of The Line, and go take their main base off them. Screws them up totally, and gives you some great islands.

Maybe you could manage to complete the campaign without doing that, but for a guess, 9 out of 10 people will want to do more than just complete the campaign. That's what happened to me anyway.