Albeit in 8/10 ths scale for the Dambusters remake. The black labrador now begs to the name 'Nidge'. Stephen Fry is writing the screenplay. Release date 2010.

GBrutus's Avatar Senior Member
    Are the cast going to be 8/10ths scale too?

Seriously though, glad this film is still going ahead. Linkage?

Originally posted by GBrutus:
    They sure are, I've heard that Tom Cruise has already been approached to play Guy Gibson .

leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't think Stephen Fry was the person to do this adaptation---he does very literary stuff. I'll wager he will play havoc with the history.

HayateAce's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by Warrington_Wolf:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GBrutus:
    They sure are, I've heard that Tom Cruise has already been approached to play Guy Gibson . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post of the year.

Zeus-cat's Avatar Senior Member
    I might go see the movie where Tom Cruise plays the guy who tried to blow up Hitler; I think the movie is called Valkyrie.

If nothing else, Mr. Cruise gets executed at the end. That would probably be worth the admission price alone - at the second run discount theater - on bargain night.

Uufflakke's Avatar Senior Member
    Stephen Fry is writing the script and the producer is Peter Jackson just like The.Tyke said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dam..._(film)#Remake

Did somebody mention the name of Tom Cruise here? Mmm, I don't think it is a good idea to say something about him here. 'Cause I think I will get a permanent ban.

Anybody who's watched QI will know Stephen Fry is a stickler for accuracy and correctness, I doubt very much that he would consider 'changing history' for the sake of literary prose, in fact I'm surprised he's still doing it if N*gger has been changed to be pc

WTE_Galway's Avatar Senior Member
    I am off to see "Australai" later today so it will be interesting to see just how accurate or otherwise the Japanese bombing of Darwin will be presented.

Originally posted by leitmotiv:
    I don't think Stephen Fry was the person to do this adaptation---he does very literary stuff. I'll wager he will play havoc with the history.
    I'm not too sure. Has Stephen Fry written a major screen play yet?
    Gibson was certainly a more complex character than the cardboard cut-out hero the 1954 film turned him into.

Dear God, no, not Tom Cruise please!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►