Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    I have to admit that this looks promising.

Fingers crossed

iRobz's Avatar Junior Member

In favour of a subscription model

Im a longtime guitar player and lover of Rocksmith. Im excited to see where they go and if they can address audio lag issues I still inherently have via optical. I miss out on all the great tones because I have to bypass and use my amp.

Id prefer a subscription model to dlc in the future if priced reasonably. I have a long list of dlc still yet to buy but my consumption of Rocksmith is in spits and spurts. I can go months without playing and then spend a month reliving old songs and then another month contemplating buying new dlc but talking myself out of it due to the cost.

If they could implement an all you can eat dlc menu for $5 a month, or a discounted annual subscription, Id pick up the guitar way more often to try out the weekly dlc.

I realise ownership is still a big purchasing factor for many, I wonder how little it actually bothers most people if the benefit is all access to all songs for a low monthly price?

I have dlc of songs Ive bought because I love the songs only to find them boring to play. How much unfamiliar dlc is out there now, that is great fun to play but will pass me by because Ive no intention to buy?

Lets assume they one day get the holy grail of Rocksmith dlc: Metallica. There are so many great tracks people would want to play. How do you realistically monetise an artist like that? The cost for dlc would be astronomical.

I pay Netflix and Spotify for the choice to consume media as and when I want it. I personally would love to do the same for Rocksmith, to not only play more songs I enjoy, but discover new artists and develop new techniques.

Just my thoughts, looking forward to a new release regardless.
     1 people found this helpful

The good thing about spending my 50nok on a pack is that I now have spent it, and it's mine forever, whilst subscription is yet another continuous drain which is hard on a students economy. But I guess this varies a lot, I only buy a few packs a year, some might have a lot to save on a subscription model.

I guess I'm game for it if it works out for the licensing team, and they want to push it. But personally, I'd prefer the old system.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    My guess is they add season passes instead.
    Thats how all of the psn and xbox games have handled lots of dlc.

Buying Season Pass 2017 lets u download all of the 2017 DLC, etc.
    And at a discount.

So its essentially a Steam sale for the psn / xbox side.

Id like them to create a platform to cover off as many different elements for online guitar learning as possible.

Often I see people recommending using rocksmith as part of a practice routine, in conjunction with online tutorials and lessons etc. If Rocksmith could become the one stop shop for all these different ways to learn online Id certainly be willing to pay for it. Maybe there could be subscription levels...

- Standard Package: Access to the music library only - 10 per month

- Upgraded Package: Access to the music library as well as weekly tutorials and lessons - 15 pm

- Full guitar learning course: Comprehensive course including a grading system (which could possibly include your playing being reviewed by an actual tutor with feedback provided?) Full access to music library and tutorials 20 pm

Id be more than happy to fork out 20 notes a month to get all the tools I need for online learning through one portal.

how much are guitar lessons at a store? $50 a month?

That's what you are asking for: $50 a month. Exclusive Lessons and unlimited song access.

I'd rather see rocksmith stay as just being a game w/ regular dlc.

People sign themselves up for things they think they want or need, and then dont.

How many people have cookbooks and made like 1 recipe out of it? And you thought you'd learn everything and be a top chef owning it. lol.

Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post

That's what you are asking for: $50 a month. Exclusive Lessons and unlimited song access.

People sign themselves up for things they think they want or need, and then dont.

How many people have cookbooks and made like 1 recipe out of it? And you thought you'd learn everything and be a top chef owning it. lol.
    Completely different model, guitar store has a finite amount of time it can cater to lessons.

If there are not new features added, surely itll just be the same game, Id like to think well get more than that to be fair, otherwise whats the point?

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post

I currently pay 10 for a half hour guitar lesson. That's reduced from 17.50 per half hour because lessons currently are via Zoom/Skype due to Covid. 17.50 is what I pay per half hour for in-store face-to-face tuition. $50 per month sounds cheap.

Either way. There's no way I'd pay /$10 per month for subscription - I pay less than that when purchasing DLC - and to be honest, I think most of the low-hanging DLC fruit has already been picked. As last year has shown, we're well into B-list territory when it comes to DLC. Then again, from a 'business' perspective, this might be just the time to introduce a subscription model.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    a subscription model to the entire DLC library would be cool if only for a few people to experience all the content they passed up on

What if Ubisoft was busy transcribing all 175 AC/DC songs?

That's a lot of balls and walls.