Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    Not asking to know every last detail, just it’s definitely guitar-related would do. As of right now we don’t even know that.

Isn't the idea to create a buzz around a product prior to release? Outside of die hard Rocksmith fans, I doubt anyone else has ever heard of the new game they’re working on. It’s a niche market as it is, I’d say they need all the marketing buzz they can get.

No, nobody needs to know anything about anything, just curious is all.

In fact, why tell anyone anything at all, just release stuff on release day, no prior information at all. We could do away with movie trailers and all the gaming sites that do game previews and stuff and just put stuff out
     1 people found this helpful

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Ubisoft owns the Star Wars game franchise now. The audio guys will be tweaking r2's beeps for 5 more years first.

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post
    Ubisoft owns the Star Wars game franchise now. The audio guys will be tweaking r2's beeps for 5 more years first.
    R2 might not need any help.

I picture their next game as something as.

"Join Luke Starkiller on his epic quest to create the galaxies greatest rockband"

Edit:
    "and defeat the evil empire, as the emperor has legislated that only hip-hop may be played"

Originally Posted by Goooner1 Go to original post
    Not asking to know every last detail, just it’s definitely guitar-related would do. As of right now we don’t even know that.

Isn't the idea to create a buzz around a product prior to release? Outside of die hard Rocksmith fans, I doubt anyone else has ever heard of the new game they’re working on. It’s a niche market as it is, I’d say they need all the marketing buzz they can get.

No, nobody needs to know anything about anything, just curious is all.

In fact, why tell anyone anything at all, just release stuff on release day, no prior information at all. We could do away with movie trailers and all the gaming sites that do game previews and stuff and just put stuff out
    Buzz is good but not too far in advance. When I have the buzz I want to be able to buy.
     2 people found this helpful

That's what you want ... called "Pent up demand" .... people put the money aside, just waiting for the product to come out

I'd be happy with just a crude time line. With every week that goes by I think more and more about switching to something different. Using a tab based program along with Amplitude, something like that. I'm only really in RS as an easy way to learn new songs and a tool to encourage practice, so perhaps my concerns are a bit different than people using RS as an actual tool to learn how to play.

I'm certainly using it less and less since they stopped releasing DLC.

I still play maybe a couple of hours over a weekend, but most of my playing is away from the game now.

Originally Posted by dataway Go to original post
    That's what you want ... called "Pent up demand" .... people put the money aside, just waiting for the product to come out

I'd be happy with just a crude time line. With every week that goes by I think more and more about switching to something different. Using a tab based program along with Amplitude, something like that. I'm only really in RS as an easy way to learn new songs and a tool to encourage practice, so perhaps my concerns are a bit different than people using RS as an actual tool to learn how to play.
    Pent up demand for a month with a solid release date and feature set is great. I don't really want an ever changing release date and feature set before that. I agree though that a "Hey we're still hard at work" every once in a while on the official update email would be nice. They do a live stream every other week so it's not like they aren't in contact or have gone away.

No need to feel bad about using other tools. You don't have to use only one. In fact I would say it's probably a bad idea. FWIW I only use RS for practicing.

That's all I'm asking for, I'm not expecting a release date, full spec and set list. Just some acknowledgement of it is or isn't guitar related, as we don't even know that for sure at the moment,

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Why would it not be guitar related?