All good ideas. Shame that there has to be console compatibility ... if they could leverage the power of pc's anything can be done.

Like you I am expecting it to be more technical ... both in technology and musically. A super PC version would be nice.

I've noticed things like Amplitude produce WAY better output, but don't think that could be done on a console.

Yeah technology has moved on alot since RS2014 and theres so much stuff they could do,the in-game RS tones has to be scrapped and have someone like line 6 or boss on board for in game tones, or even Tone bridge from ultimate guitar as they've made a good app with good tones, the new consoles can do alot more,I can't see them just releasing it on the PC but it could happen,I think learning has to be the main feature as I've tbeen playing RS for a few years and haven't learned any theory/techniques or anything from the game which is frustrating 🙄 just playing over songs is not enough,and session mode is pretty awful,but hopefully we will be surprised and get something really good,it has to be subscription based I think but would that go down well? I'm more than happy to pay a subscription tbh if the content is good,but RS has a good loyal following and I think a large percentage will be happy to pay for a subscription,but if the game turns out to be terrible and basically another remastered version then I can see Ubisoft scrapping the game,but a bit of news would be nice and would be appreciated tbh 😕 I think everyone is fed up of speculating about the game now and deserve to at least know what it's called and an estimated release date.
     1 people found this helpful

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    No way I'd be paying a subscription of 10-30 a month. Maybe 5, if it was any good.

I see what you mean,but the majority of people spend 10-30+ a month on dlc anyway,I could also see the game being free and then you just pay for a subscription to have premium features like songs/lessons ect. And it would be tier based like 5.99 for the basic subscription to get songs and basic features, Then the price goes up for premium lessons ect. And I think that would be a more better way tbh, but im just speculating lol hopefully we'll know soon as it's been nearly a year since the dlc stopped

At first I was totally against a subscription model ... but then I realized I was spending easy 10-15 USD a month for DLC anyway. So I'm kind of neutral on that. However I DON'T want songs I don't want on my play list. In other words no automatic DLC that I have to spend the next few years skipping over to get to what I want.

My guess is it WILL be subscription ... companies want a steady, predictable income stream these days. Imagine explaining to corporate execs ..well we didn't make any money this month because they didn't like our DLC. I think you are right .... it may well be a minimal subscription fee and then the choice of additional DLC on top of that .

Yeah that's the balance they need to get as a small percentage will like the weekly dlc unless it's a top 10 band, but I'd mainly prefer it to be more lessons based and learning this time,but that's just personally,yeah they need to make a good steady income,I think now that it should be free and get money from subscriptions because no one wants to pay £60 then a subscription on top of that,and most companies have adopted that with Fortnite being the most successful and they have now got an optional subscription system,if they get the balance right then it could be an amazing game but it depends on what Ubisoft want to do and how much they want too invest in it.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    theres a reason you dont see pdals named tubescreamer as its all licensing. so i think its pointless to get a pedal company on board — unless it was Boss. Even $$$$ fender cant convince anyone to use the name Vox instead its british invasion...

i think they should partner with Harmonix and license the vocal technology and add it to RS2022. And maybe a karaoke machine in the arcade section if you only want to sing with big fonts.

SeanmoCDLC's Avatar Junior Member
    After reading the posts of the last few weeks I have a few observations:

At least one person thinks this is a guitar learning program. Sure, it's that. For guitarists. For us bassists guitar it is absolutely irrelevant. And thus as you can imagine, much of the DLC was trash for us because the basslines weren't even slightly interesting (or as in the unfortunate case of Red House by Jimi Hendrix, wasn't even charted even though a 6 string bass was played in that song and could easily be mapped to a four string even in E standard). Thus guitarists need to understand that for us, the DLC barely even scratched the surface of what was needed to be in this game. A Rocksmith game that had been bass only would have had a VERY different DLC offering. Thankfully that has been addressed elsewhere by others, but still.

Even taking into account guitar, the vast majority of interesting/worthwhile songs that could have appeared in the game never did. Some metalheads or punks (I mean that in the best possible way) seem to think that there very minimal knowledge of music includes knowledge of all guitar-based songs that are worth learning/playing. I've seen enough comments from them over the years here that made me roll my eyes to know better. Ubisoft painted itself into a corner early on by featuring... shall we say "loud" DLC at the expense of songs that people with even a little bit of musical sophistication would enjoy. So it is understandable that they never reached a critical mass of DLC in more popular music despite the clear change of musical priorities in the DLC of the last 18 months to more popular music. Ubi created their RS audience via poor choices early on and it was hard to convince anyone who played more popular music (or jazz or electric blues) to come to Rocksmith later with most existing songs appearing to the uninitiated to just be detuned noise for tatted teens. That greatly limited the potential sales for the product and leaves them at a crossroads now.

I fail to see why Ubisoft should even bring Rocksmith back unless they are serious about featuring other types of music and/or other instruments in addition to bass. There is a whole other musical universe they could explore that appeals to people who have more disposable income, or they could try to recycle what they have already done. No one wants that. Not even the metalheads. I do think it is very unlikely that Ubisoft will do the smart thing and with each passing month (especially considering Ubisoft's revenue problems that were quite serious BEFORE the pandemic) it seems more unlikely that we will ever see another version of Rocksmith. Harmonix, for a variety of reasons, was unable to succeed when it came back with Rock Band and the longer Ubisoft waits, the less likely a reboot will be successful. Thankfully there are still 40,000 reasons to play Rocksmith. And for 3.5K of those: you're welcome.

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ospreys89 Go to original post
    I see what you mean,but the majority of people spend 10-30+ a month on dlc anyway,I could also see the game being free and then you just pay for a subscription to have premium features like songs/lessons ect. And it would be tier based like 5.99 for the basic subscription to get songs and basic features, Then the price goes up for premium lessons ect. And I think that would be a more better way tbh, but im just speculating lol hopefully we'll know soon as it's been nearly a year since the dlc stopped

Yeah, I get that. However, whether you spent 10-30 a month on dlc is entirely optional, dependent on whether you want the songs or not. I’m guessing there were very few people like myself that bought every week regardless.

If they’re going to be going subscription learning model, it’s going to have to be very good or very different, there are already a dozen paid learning courses out there and even more free ones.

Personally, I’d rather they stick to more game bias, but with more learning than the current version, as there’s less (no?) competition in that area.

It’s just odd hat after all this time we still no nothing, not even a hint as to what’s happening, apart from “we’re working on something”, yeah, I know Covid changed things, but still.

Originally Posted by Goooner1 Go to original post
    It’s just odd hat after all this time we still no nothing, not even a hint as to what’s happening, apart from “we’re working on something”, yeah, I know Covid changed things, but still.
    They are working on it. It will come out in the future. Why do you need to know more? Personally I don't like knowing a bunch about a new product when it's not available yet because I get all hyped up for it and then hey I can't buy it. So it's just making me frustrated. On the flip side they could release a bunch of information about what's coming up and then what if they don't deliver all those things? What if they give a release date and they don't make that date? I get that people are curious but let me know exactly what it is when it's actually available to buy or right before it's available to buy.

So again why do you need to know in advance?
     3 people found this helpful