Ted & Ian Key Remained in Inventory

I found that after opening lootbox of Peppers Secret (Cliffhanger mission I think) key remained in inventory after opening the box.

Ubi-Baron's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Hello Zadziores,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Has this happened with any other keys or just the one? Can you provide us with a screenshot of it in the inventory?

Thank you

Keys

Originally Posted by Ubi-Holz Go to original post
    Hello Zadziores,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Has this happened with any other keys or just the one? Can you provide us with a screenshot of it in the inventory?

Thank you
    Hey yeah same here I have Fred tanners kyles key and ted and Ian’s all stuck after finishing all prepped stashes

After completing the single-player campaign (including side missions, prepper stashes, outposts, and collectibles), I had 4 keys that remained stuck in my inventory as well as one collectable type (the baseball cards) even after turning them in to the NPC.

Below are screenshots (resized a bit to make them smaller) of each one.

As a side note, I had other keys get stuck in my inventory from pick locking the door or chest/locker prior to locating the key to them. When I reverted to a previous saved game and chose not to use the pick lock skill, but instead find and use the key, the key would remove itself from my inventory. I noticed that some doors and chests wouldn't allow the use of the pick lock skill and I'm guessing that would probably resolve most of the issues with some keys getting stuck in the player's inventory (apart from the ones in the screenshots below).

EDIT: Oops, didn't realize I do not have permissions to attach images to this post (only to link to an outside hosting service which I've currently never signed up for one or used one). Until I can get around to doing that, if necessary, I'll just list the items that got stuck in my inventory instead:

- BASEBALL CARDS - Vintage baseball cards to complete George's collection.
    - FRED TANNER'S KEY - Opens Fred Tanner's salvaged lockbox.
    - KYLE'S KEY - Opens Kyle's Lockbox salvaged from his plane.
    - TED AND IAN'S KEY - Opens Ted and Ian's Lockbox of stolen goods.
    - WASHROOM KEY - Opens the washroom door in the office at US Auto.
     2 people found this helpful

Ubi-Trippn's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by FRMadCow56 Go to original post
    I'll just list the items that got stuck in my inventory instead:

- BASEBALL CARDS - Vintage baseball cards to complete George's collection.
    - FRED TANNER'S KEY - Opens Fred Tanner's salvaged lockbox.
    - KYLE'S KEY - Opens Kyle's Lockbox salvaged from his plane.
    - TED AND IAN'S KEY - Opens Ted and Ian's Lockbox of stolen goods.
    - WASHROOM KEY - Opens the washroom door in the office at US Auto.
    you could make a support ticket on our support site and upload the images to that, it will make it much easier to investigate if we had images.

Thanks

Thank you for the alternative method. I recently created a case/ticket by pretty much just cutting and pasting the information here from this topic and attaching the screenshots as requested to it. For reference, the case/ticket number is #06178421. Hope it helps.

Thanks for sending the pictures through.

KS_HTK's Avatar Junior Member
    Just wanted to let you know that I have the same Issue. I have the 4 Keys and the Baseballcards stuck in inventory. Also the highlighting effect on some Items does not seem to disappear, but thats a different Issue.

Key's still in inventory

I still have 6 key's and the baseball cards. Hear is a video of what I have. One of the boxes was empty. Fred Tanner's I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf8LbuY_yoo

Hope this helps.

Thanks for sending the video through, I will make sure it makes it to the development team.