This game is unplayable on console.

What steps are you guys going to take to make it playable? The latency is just so bad that nobody can do anything.

So, how are you going to make your game playable?

Yes, I'm on PS4 plugged in directly to internet and controller and my ping is usually around 15-35ms. When we are up against a team that is average 50ms or higher, it becomes unplayable. you can just take a look at the ping for each team and usually the teams with higher ping tend to win with the best performing players are the ones that are lagging the most. Once that is the case, there is no point to defense because attacks go right through your blocks, parrys & counter GB's don't register, and opponents can GB you right through your light attacks. This gets incredible frustrating and again the worst is the infinite light combo spam where once you are hit once, you are constantly stunned, frozen, bashed, ringing nailed, stamina drained, flipped, toe stabbed, swept, bleeding, shaman pounced, shugoki hugged, etc. since your screen is completely whitewashed since you can't see any of the attacks coming :P
     1 people found this helpful

Gaser.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Girl2Good Go to original post
    What steps are you guys going to take to make it playable? The latency is just so bad that nobody can do anything.

So, how are you going to make your game playable?
    How are they supposed to fix the McDonadls Wifi of most console Players?

Originally Posted by DARTHWANGER Go to original post
    Yes, I'm on PS4 plugged in directly to internet and controller and my ping is usually around 15-35ms. When we are up against a team that is average 50ms or higher, it becomes unplayable. you can just take a look at the ping for each team and usually the teams with higher ping tend to win with the best performing players are the ones that are lagging the most. Once that is the case, there is no point to defense because attacks go right through your blocks, parrys & counter GB's don't register, and opponents can GB you right through your light attacks. This gets incredible frustrating and again the worst is the infinite light combo spam where once you are hit once, you are constantly stunned, frozen, bashed, ringing nailed, stamina drained, flipped, toe stabbed, swept, bleeding, shaman pounced, shugoki hugged, etc. since your screen is completely whitewashed since you can't see any of the attacks coming :P
    50 ping is still a good one, the problem is when there are players that have pings over 150.
    The cap shouldn't be at 300.
    With 120 - 150 latency cap is enough to make the game enjoyable without players lagging too much.
    I'm also on PS4 by the way.

Originally Posted by Gaser. Go to original post
    How are they supposed to fix the McDonadls Wifi of most console Players?
    Why would console players have a McDonalds Wifi? You are describing PC players who can access the internet anywhere with their portable laptops.

Most console players play on high-speed internet within our own homes and likely using top-of-the-line ethernet cables because we have the infrastructure for a hard-wired connection.

Latency for console players either has to do with the limitations of the console itself or the game's servers..it is not our internet connection that is the problem.

Anyone ranging from 50 to 70 ping is fine. Obviously anything low is great, but average people probably have regular connections and their ping is always within that high 30's to low 70's range. Once they start to go passed 55, I notice I can't really parry them like normal, like I almost need to anticipate the direction of the attack and then try and parry on indicator. This is typically what makes lightspamming more feasible because higher ping throws people's parry games off.

Originally Posted by Valoredramack Go to original post
    Why would console players have a McDonalds Wifi? You are describing PC players who can access the internet anywhere with their portable laptops.

Most console players play on high-speed internet within our own homes and likely using top-of-the-line ethernet cables because we have the infrastructure for a hard-wired connection.

Latency for console players either has to do with the limitations of the console itself or the game's servers..it is not our internet connection that is the problem.
    I had some console time just to test how it is there and I ran it to a lot more People that had bad Internet.

Even trough the main Problem of console is still just the Input delay of the Setups.

hoping for honor gets into the next generation of consoles it might fix the input issue but
    we won't find out until it's announced by the for honor team around the end of
    the year.

This game is definitely is unplayable to the trash server to the unbalanced game especially the console version. I hear that PC version is far better then console. Good luck trying to get ubisoft to fix anything. They do not listen and they do not care if they did the this game would have been fixed awhile ago. They just keep adding stupid stuff and trying to fix characters and the game and not fixing the real problem the trash SERVER.

Originally Posted by paulwall816 Go to original post
    This game is definitely is unplayable to the trash server to the unbalanced game especially the console version. I hear that PC version is far better then console. Good luck trying to get ubisoft to fix anything. They do not listen and they do not care if they did the this game would have been fixed awhile ago. They just keep adding stupid stuff and trying to fix characters and the game and not fixing the real problem the trash SERVER.
    The only real difference on pc is that some attacks are not that good there, simply because we dont have the input lag and a higher frame rate.

Calling the game unbalanced is more of a joke, unbalanced where the early seasons now we pretty much on a road of improvement.