A simple idea to improve offense

The TG changes work extremely well to improve offense, however, I think some of the weaker characters would benefits greatly from an universal change: make most top heavy finishers unblockable.

The characters definetely should be included for a test: Peacekeeper, Conqueror, Centurion (unless his changes are really advanced), Warlord, Valkyrie, Highlander, Orochi, Nobushi, Shinobi, Aramusha, Tiandi, Shaolin. Maybe even Raider. Even very weak characters like shinobi and highlander would benefit greatly from this.

I don't think it would perfect balance, especially since some weaker heroes like Kensei and Zhanhu have it already, but it would improve the dynamics greatly. Definetely worth a TG imo.
     1 people found this helpful

normally i agree with a lot of what you say, goat, but i think its clear to note that the term weak character can be subjective especially if we differentiate duels from brawls from dominion from breach (the "active" modes). For example, kensei, whom you said was a weaker hero, is one of the top 2 mid heroes (other is LB) in dominion, his brawl game is solid because of good target swapping, and he is efficient in breach. Is kensei weak in a 1v1 scenario, not really. He has ways to force a reaction and crack a turtle, his zone is really good, and pommel strike will force a reaction, and the change in timing of light to not have to be buffered, means that you can crack a turtle who dodges it by mixing up timing by throwing a heavy or resetting back to neutral. Is kensei a strong 1v1 hero? no. but not every hero should be a top tier in everything, every hero should be and feel capable in their own ways. Kensei is a top tier mid, but is not a good ganker. Decent team fighter and decent anti-ganker, not a good tank. Also just a peeve thing, kensei's top heavy finisher is unblockable i believe. If we look at a general/universal change for heroes it would be removing reflex guard entirely and giving every hero either a dodge bash or dodge attack (from there its to determine how good or effective each one will be with respects to their respective kit) for example shaman's dodge attack is amazing, but only compliments her kit, vs conq's dodge bash which is primarily his entire offense.

Rework by potřeboval shinobi nemá nic a strašně pomalý heavy atack málo života

Originally Posted by PhoenixSOS Go to original post
    normally i agree with a lot of what you say, goat, but i think its clear to note that the term weak character can be subjective especially if we differentiate duels from brawls from dominion from breach (the "active" modes). For example, kensei, whom you said was a weaker hero, is one of the top 2 mid heroes (other is LB) in dominion, his brawl game is solid because of good target swapping, and he is efficient in breach. Is kensei weak in a 1v1 scenario, not really. He has ways to force a reaction and crack a turtle, his zone is really good, and pommel strike will force a reaction, and the change in timing of light to not have to be buffered, means that you can crack a turtle who dodges it by mixing up timing by throwing a heavy or resetting back to neutral. Is kensei a strong 1v1 hero? no. but not every hero should be a top tier in everything, every hero should be and feel capable in their own ways. Kensei is a top tier mid, but is not a good ganker. Decent team fighter and decent anti-ganker, not a good tank. Also just a peeve thing, kensei's top heavy finisher is unblockable i believe. If we look at a general/universal change for heroes it would be removing reflex guard entirely and giving every hero either a dodge bash or dodge attack (from there its to determine how good or effective each one will be with respects to their respective kit) for example shaman's dodge attack is amazing, but only compliments her kit, vs conq's dodge bash which is primarily his entire offense.
    In 4v4, that is indeed a different story. I just listed him here because he is considered a bad or mediocre duelist, despite having an unblockable heavy finisher.

I think lots of heroes would work so much better with just this one little change. For example, Nobushi would finally get an opener which would give her some little offense, or Highlander would actually get something in defensive form. Some heroes' have heavy finishers that are completely useless in their kit, and using them is just a waste of stamina, making these unblockable would be a great improvement.

Deally, I am sure that most of us don't understand a single word beside Shinobi and Rework. I am not even sure if it is Polish, Slovakian, Serbian or something else. So I think you should stick to English, otherwise it is little better than headbutting the keyboard twice and sending in the result.

Originally Posted by Goat_of_Vermund Go to original post
    The TG changes work extremely well to improve offense, however, I think some of the weaker characters would benefits greatly from an universal change: make most top heavy finishers unblockable.

The characters definetely should be included for a test: Peacekeeper, Conqueror, Centurion (unless his changes are really advanced), Warlord, Valkyrie, Highlander, Orochi, Nobushi, Shinobi, Aramusha, Tiandi, Shaolin. Maybe even Raider. Even very weak characters like shinobi and highlander would benefit greatly from this.

I don't think it would perfect balance, especially since some weaker heroes like Kensei and Zhanhu have it already, but it would improve the dynamics greatly. Definetely worth a TG imo.
    agreed