Sick Of Tiandi

Im so tired of fighting Tiandi at this point. For whatever reason, everyone and their mom is using Tiandi since year 4 launched. I know he isnt necessarily the best hero in the game, but one thing he has that really pisses me off is the palm strike. All you have to do is spam it. Its pretty much impossible to react to, so you have to dodge it by prediction. Just spam it, and when your opponent starts dodging, just guard break. Im fine with the rest of his moveset because its awesome frankly, but I just get so heated when I fight palm strike spammers.

couldnt agree more. he's more of a ballet dancer now than a fighter. he just dances around you and goes in circles and kicks you

Gaser.'s Avatar Senior Member
    You two are Aware that its one of the slower bashes in the game?

Ist a 600ms bash and the General rule About spam applys here to:

If you get spammed that you only have yourself to blame.

What I am more upset about him are the iframes on the dragon dodge. Sometimes I guardbreak him out without trouble, or even hit him out, sometimes they literally phase through weapons (I had one stuck in a corner once, he literally phased through attacks to hit me with his attacks). Of course, it is not broken, especially if you have an undodgeable.

Tiandi is strong no doubt. Not OP, but strong and overlooked by his “slow bash”.

Jormangundr has a “slow bash”. There’s a reason people are complaining due to numerous other options that when combined with a “slow bash” nobody is getting ready to dodge on orange. So it really doesn’t matter if the bash is slow, it’s still a problem for a lot of people and it certainly is for high level play as well—the “competitive” people are judging the bash as it is, but they are failing to look at how the bash is actually used and in what scenarios.

They are simply stating it’s a slow bash. This “slow bash” isn’t that slow and it can be used for NUMEROUS cases. This is a heavy flaw of the competitive scene, where they judge moves alone and without explaining the cases they are applied in. You might know all the numbers (timings) and yea, it’s 600 miliseconds, but by now we should all know that it does not matter if it’s a slow bash as long as it’s viable. And guess what. 600 miliseconds are certainly viable for a bash. I’d start talking unviable when I see a bash as slow as Lawbringer neutral foward shove without hyper armor.

Gaser.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by iiTipsy Go to original post
    Tiandi is strong no doubt. Not OP, but strong and overlooked by his “slow bash”.

Jormangundr has a “slow bash”. There’s a reason people are complaining due to numerous other options that when combined with a “slow bash” nobody is getting ready to dodge on orange. So it really doesn’t matter if the bash is slow, it’s still a problem for a lot of people and it certainly is for high level play as well—the “competitive” people are judging the bash as it is, but they are failing to look at how the bash is actually used and in what scenarios.

They are simply stating it’s a slow bash. This “slow bash” isn’t that slow and it can be used for NUMEROUS cases. This is a heavy flaw of the competitive scene, where they judge moves alone and without explaining the cases they are applied in. You might know all the numbers (timings) and yea, it’s 600 miliseconds, but by now we should all know that it does not matter if it’s a slow bash as long as it’s viable. And guess what. 600 miliseconds are certainly viable for a bash. I’d start talking unviable when I see a bash as slow as Lawbringer neutral foward shove without hyper armor.
    This is rather false to say that comp only looks at each move on its own and thats it.

Please dont talk trash about the comp community if you never really looked in to the community.

I think Tiandi is one of the strongest heroes in this game. I see people like Faraam playing him nearly invincible. "Oh but his bash is very slow" if it is so slow why most people can't dodge it on reaction while can dodge Nobu kick etc every single time. He will just dodge and dodge and dodge and dodge from there mix ups are limitless. His first part of the zone is instant guaranteed. Most Tiandi players just palm strike spam light palm strike spam lights. Well this is the current state of the game Devs wanted so...

UbiInsulin's Avatar Community Manager
    So what changes does he need?

Would he be viable after them?

suggestion for tiandi: remove palm strike from neutral (and keep it in chains only) or modify the move/animation to be done after a forward dodge and then reduce it to 500 ms to standardize it with allmost all forward dodge bashes, lower the gb vulnerability on dragon dodge, but also lower the "odds" of a gb bouncing off of the dragon dodge and giving tiandi a free gb/dragon dodge heavy (basically making dragon dodge's gb vulnerability feel consistent and yet equally risk/reward for tiandi and opponent), heavy into light or heavy into light into light/heavy chain (if he doesn't have one idk if he does, opener heavies have hyper armor this would improve tiandi's ability to create pressure), remove the ability to soft feint kick into undodgeable light, the options on it are too oppressive in a gank, yes it feeds a decent amount of revenge but if you're dead revenge means nothing. it requires a hard read on a 50/50 that is react-able and punishable by tiandi's teammate. kick should be soft feintable into dragon dodge, that's it. either increase cooldown on last laugh to 120 secs or reduce the radius of impact blast zone to immediately around tiandi/pk/zhanhu (whomever is running it) (like small circle around tiandi/pk/zhanhu character model). perhaps make last attacks in chain able to substitute into dragon dodge or undodgeable light (similar how bp can freeflow bulwark).

I really don't understand anything that is OP about Tiandi. I only "get" that the hero can be irritating to face if you're not in the mood due to all the dodging and lack of damage combining to prolong engagements. Add on what is hands down the most irritating voice acting in the game and yeah... I've literally turned off FH sound because of female Tiandi's in a match.

Pretty sure people are only whipping out Tiandi's because the hero is set up to be A-tier-ish if and when TG changes go live. You think you are seeing alot of Tiandi's now? just wait...

Tiandi is literally the worst Vanguard... and even when TG changes come the hero won't be nearly as good as others will be, probably still holding it away from being a popular pick when all the dust has settled.

I think the recent complaints are spiking because people just aren't used to facing against the hero. It's an awkward trend but I think it'll pass, because frankly the hero kinda sucks if you are against somebody who knows any better.

Just my opinion I'm not trying to argue or defend anything really lol. Cheers