View Poll Results: So? For me it is without douubt the flying wing Gotha-Go 229. What do you prefer?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • YP-80

19 25.00%
  • Go 229

7 9.21%
  • HE-162

13 17.11%
  • ME 262, all variants

31 40.79%
  • Me 163 and the BI-1

6 7.89%

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    YP-80 is just such a pure joy to fly. The gyro gunsight, roll rate, turn rate, and cockpit visibility make it my prefered choice when flying a jet fighter. The 6 rapid firing .50cals make a huge difference when trying to dogfight other jets as well.

Badsight.'s Avatar Senior Member
    i like the stability & ammo load of the 4 cannon Me-262 . the Go-229 has awesome guns - but it wanders all over the place & is low powered

if you want to win a Jet versus Jet DF - you use the American plane

GerritJ9's Avatar Senior Member
    For me a toss-up between He-162 and Me-262. 229 has poor visibility from cockpit, YP80 has sluggish acceleration and lacks gunpower, and Me-163 has no endurance. Only disadvantage of He-162 is low ammo load.

Go229 - but just because it looks cool and the cannons sounds awesome.

I'm just an off-liner, but I do best in the salamander. The YP-80 lack gun-power.

danjama's Avatar Senior Member
    My fave jet has to be this monster

In game is the Me262, thats one legendary plane!

Heinkel! But to be honest I would like the He-162A1 best of all. If only!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrewsterPilot:
    So? For me it is without douubt the flying wing Gotha-Go 229. What do you prefer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Me-163 Komet.

Two reasons:

1. It has the sharpest mission profile: First pure excitement when closing in on Lastwagen (aka bommber) at 900 km/h ... and then sheer horror when trying to escape the Indianer (aka Mustangs, ...)

2. It's the only plane I can safely land, because of its skid. My laptop has 1st generation 16 Mb Mobility Radeon, giving 6-8 fps. I tend to crash the usual gears, becasue I never know how close the tarmac really is ...

---------------------------------------------
    EDIT ... err ... that applies mostly for the planes with tail-wheel. Those wonderplanes with nose-wheel seem to have the easier FM ... I can land almost everywhere ...

http://rapidshare.de/files/16494087/...gate.ntrk.html

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last ►►