pedietz's Avatar Senior Member

Corona and Rocksmith

Too bad Rocksmith isnt on the shelves.

I follow guitar center guitars daily.

And since people went on lock down, people have been buying up guitars to play!

Fender used guitars - before corona - 1500 available
    Fender used guitars - during corona - 130 available
    Fender used basses - before corona - 400 available
    Fender used basses - during corona - 30 available
    Squier used basses - before corona - 125 available
    Squier used basses - during corona - 1 available

Way Huge used pedals - before corona - 135 available
    Way Huge used pedals - during corona - 12 available

Yamaha THR desktop amps used - before corona - 30 available
    Yamaha THR desktop amps used - during corona - 2 available

People are finally getting to their long standing hobbies.

(amazon even had 4 guitar training books for free the other day)

All of these new players went straight to guitarcenter in their town.

And this was all before the $2T bill that was signed yesterday.

(Reverb hasnt seen any crazy activity. So this kinda shows people just want things on shelves in their home towns.)

Ubisoft should at least be selling the Rocksmith cable on the Ubisoft store along w/ their assassins creed t-shirts.

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi pedietz,

I looks like we don't have very many left for purchase at this time but you can find the Real Tone Cable on the Ubisoft Store.
    http://ubi.li/7jdrr

SiberianSunrise's Avatar Junior Member
    You're seeing less used inventory because right now approximately 75% of all Guitar Centers are currently closed, and the used stuff that's sitting in a closed store won't be showing up on their website for the time being.

Originally Posted by SiberianSunrise Go to original post
    You're seeing less used inventory because right now approximately 75% of all Guitar Centers are currently closed, and the used stuff that's sitting in a closed store won't be showing up on their website for the time being.
    Ahhh, that makes sense - I watch the used epiphone les paul traditional pro's. There are usually 3 pages of them but currently only 2 guitars are showing

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Part of the reason that Guitar Center doesn't have certain guitars available is that there is no access to the store in which they sit, so they take them off the sight. For example, if you search for used guitars within 50 miles of 23462 (VA Beach Guitar Center's zip), you'll find zero and no stores. That's because the staff can't ship them because they can't get into the stores.

Steam has plenty "on the shelves". Like an endless supply. Do people actually buy physical copies of software these days? Real Tone cable in stock on Amazon, $20.

Actually there's been a few discussions about this on other forums outside of Ubi. Sales in fact are way up and the #1 buying customer right now are females. I forget which company it was but in one of their threads they posted that they had sold more guitars in a month than they had normally sold in a year, another mfg said their sales had increased 3x over the previous year in the first quarter of 2020.

My closest friend works at GC as a lesson teacher and he's fairly backed up with students. His Uncle was my first teacher and in one of our discussions (two years ago) he said that at that time (2018) the interest in musical instruments had been dwindling pretty seriously.

With people having time on their hands and being quarantined somewhat, it's a perfect opportunity to work on things we never had time for in this rat race.