Jormungander's fast lights

Can someone please explain to me how is that Jormungander's lights are faster than Orochi's ir Nobushi's? He's a heavy, and I don't mean in paper, I know the ms on each attack, but on practice Jorm can hit faster, maybe because of the animation, but it's absurd that any heavy can hit faster than an assassin or a fast hybrid.

MayanKingGaming's Avatar Member
    Jorg timings are absurd in general... Try to punish him on miss when he throws a punch from neutral... You cannot GB him and he can immediately throw a undodgeable light on reaction . Only he and Black prior have this absurd recoveries on miss. Other héroes even if they react they recovers are not finished. So you can GB them.

Also the second light is parryable but the animation is weird and unrealistic, just check how he change his stance like a magician with a teleporting Hammer.

Is difficult but possible. Lot of training is needed, just react inmediately after his first light is blocked. The hard part is guessing, reads are difficult cause the animation.

In general for me jorgumander is the Worst designed char in the game.

Vakris_One's Avatar Senior Member
    There's nothing to explain. His lights aren't faster, they're 500ms. Both Orochi and Nobu have access to 500ms lights and faster - Orochi has 400ms chain side lights and top finisher and 466ms side finisher lights, Nobu has a 400ms indicator when using a light from hidden stance.

Originally Posted by PapillonFlota Go to original post
    Jorg timings are absurd in general... Try to punish him on miss when he throws a punch from neutral... You cannot GB him and he can immediately throw a undodgeable light on reaction . Only he and Black prior have this absurd recoveries on miss. Other héroes even if they react they recovers are not finished. So you can GB them.

Also the second light is parryable but the animation is weird and unrealistic, just check how he change his stance like a magician with a teleporting Hammer.

Is difficult but possible. Lot of training is needed, just react inmediately after his first light is blocked. The hard part is guessing, reads are difficult cause the animation.

In general for me jorgumander is the Worst designed char in the game.
    Jorm is indeed one of the worst designed characters but why do you want a free GB on an incredibly reactable 600ms bash from neutral? Why would the opponent ever throw that bash out if they can expect to eat an easy 33 to 40 damage? Dodge attacks already net you a 20 damage punish on reaction to seeing orange.

LB's shove, Conq's bash, Valkyrie's sweep and Tiandi's kick all have similar recoveries that are immune to GB.

MayanKingGaming's Avatar Member
    It happened to me with my berserker, a really good jorg that destroyed my teamates did this. don't Know why, and yes I dodged his bashes but was unable to punish him with gbs or dodge attacks, I'm not saying is a thing most jorgs like to do but is an example, this was when jorg was New, but as I understand he is hated for this absurd timings and his stamina drain mechanic.

For me is just anodine, annoying and bad designed. Currently I don't have problems with him.

For Valk and the others, most of the times I can GB them or dodge attack with my pk. Yeah they are similar but less tight at least in my experience.

Jormungandr is weak. The only saving grace is the existence of her broken feats.

Originally Posted by chaneke33 Go to original post
    Can someone please explain to me how is that Jormungander's lights are faster than Orochi's ir Nobushi's? He's a heavy, and I don't mean in paper, I know the ms on each attack, but on practice Jorm can hit faster, maybe because of the animation, but it's absurd that any heavy can hit faster than an assassin or a fast hybrid.
    Jorme's lights are the standard 500ms.

His lights game can seems oppressive but not because of the speed but because :
    1/Light opener animation is pretty short and they are enhanced
    2/Finisher undodgeable property plus the fear of the bash in 4s especially

Add the spicy 18dmg and you have a good light game.

I also dislike that much focus on lights in a heavy kit.. but their speed is ok.

I gave Orochi and Nobushi as an example, and I know he has standard 500 ms lights, but even when we throw the light at the same time he hits me first, I'd like to know why?
    Just like Vakris, I believe Jorm is one of the worst designed characters, if not the worst, of the game.
    And, Goat, I'm not saying Jorm is strong, I just feel his lights seem too fast for a heavy and in practice he has beaten my Orochi's, Nobushi's, Raider's, Kensei's lights, so that's why I'm asking.

If he was faster, he should have made the choice to throw a light a split second sooner than you, because they are literally the same speed as most lights. There are some rare 600ms lights, there are some 400ms or 400+33/66ms lights, but most are 500ms. Jorm might have a bit buggy animation, and they might be harder to parry because you constantly have to watch out for the bashes. And yes, he is terribly designed, almost shinobi level terribly. It makes her weak, while it makes fighting her extremely irritating. Do you believe that Black Prior was actually the best designed character of year 3 (I love to play him, he just gets so much hate it's hard to believe it that he is actually the best)?
     1 people found this helpful

Jorg is the worst designed hero in the history of FH. Everything that has been controversial topic he has them all. I play as Hito but he has better HA than me event joining hito got nerfed they left this guy alone. He is a better heavy HA than hito I always end up losing in trading. Light attacks aren't always about timing it is also about animations. It has been brought numerous times some heros have very little attack animation making it harder to see. This guy with his little hammer is nearly invisible to see. Same with his punch.

He lunges forward so much distance with his attacks as well. It is very unusual.

He has a punch with no punish. But he punches 2 times boom 50 damage. It ignores my attack block anything. Parry punch into light. Only option for me is to dodge but he has undodgable light??

It is always 33/33/33. I understand punch knocks down or GB knows down but whf landing an attack knocks me down? Why he staggers me with an attack either? Then boom 50 damage with 50 shield on top so 100 HP difference instantly. That is if I'm not dead by ganking.

I dont know about PC but on console I never seen anybody reacting to this punch. Ever single person I watch so far gets punched over and over.

Heroes are designed for 1v1 but let's be honest nobody plays 1v1. I cant even find a game for 1v1 for 15 min waiting at least. His punch is God move in 4v4 impossible to dodge. Punch 2 times instant death. No effort needed.

He is extremely unfun play against. Pure abuse. So badly designed. A stupid move like directly attacking stamina should never have existed. He is unbeatable on the console. I think this is really about time I'm going to quit this game because of this Jorg.
     1 people found this helpful

His lights are nowhere near faster than Orochi's or Nobushi's, thats one of the dumbest thing ive heard on this forum ngl. Its very easy to parry his lights if you just pay attention.