Took me awhile but Iím finally in

Spent quite a bit of time over in the Breakpoint dungeon trying to make the most of it but finally decided enough is enough: why not just go play a game thatís actually good instead of playing pretend.

So I finally got my dude loaded and while the graphics arenít as polished the whole story is already making up for it. Yes- thereís still the ďgo here and do thatĒ but I killed a civilian by accident in a firefight and actually felt bad about it. Thatís a nice place to be since I was practically a serial killer on auroa and my bloodlust was unquenchable.

As I get more familiar with the game Iím hoping to extend my cinematic trailer style videos to Wildlands... thereís a lot more to work with in terms of creating drama and depth... graphics? GRAPHICS?! We don need no steenkin graphics!

Hello to all my breakpoint friends who came over before me. Now that youíve got some time in is there anything you wish you knew when you started that you could pass on to a new NOOB?
     1 people found this helpful

MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    Welcome aboard mate! I don't think there's any doubt you'll enjoy Bolivia a heck a lot more than Auroa - given your postings ....

I guess one item would be not to cut the story short when given the opportunity - make Sueno the last dude to be taken down. The story clearly flows in that direction.

Another is learning to work with the AI team. You've got to get a feel for how each command interacts with the game-world and the enemy AI. It's quite managable, and a far cry from the experience on Auroa

Bone up via searching this forum on the impact of going down the Tier One path once you hit max level of 30 in XP. It's a major step, and one that if taken is best done the first time playing thru the campaign - as otherwise if you later decide to do it, you've already done the story which generates the Tier points which would have gone to "waste". I did it in my very first play-thru, which I knew would mean going mostly stealth - but that's how I enjoy the game to begin with.

A learning lesson - wait 'til you encounter Unidad!! It's quite a show, but once you understand how they've been coded you'll see what are your best options.

Also watch for built-up rock areas - you can drop into a "hole" from which you can't climb from.

In the meantime I've returned to Auroa for the free weekends imply to try the "improvements". Most likely still won't purchase, but we'll see.

Again, enjoy Bolivia!!
     2 people found this helpful

Welcome and I am sure you'll enjoy this more because even though it is not a Ghost Recon game it is more of a shooter game than BP, even with the new Immersive mode because after all, it is still based upon the main game.

Depending on what is your preferred weapon, you may want to go get those first and then start your missions, then again, you may want to check the store first and see what you can get for free and how many crates you have in hopes that your weapons are already up, if not, do the first part. for instance, my preferred weapon is the M4A1 and a good sniper rifle (Example G28 with G28 Scope) so I went to Gunsmith, check where they were and grab the intel to see where exactly in the province those things were. Tried my best to have the least of footprints in the province and then went back to Itacua to start the mission story.

You can also attack it by doing all the Rebel Missions then that way you start with what I would call a better Spec Ops feel to the game.

As Mike already alerted you, extreme caution with built-up rock areas or you'll be positively pissed off when in the middle of an op and you're stuck there.

I am also in Aurora (I am still maintaining that they wanted to name the island Aurora ) for the free weekend but I am already disappointed in many of the aspects of the game.

Mike, you may want to check this up (out?). I may end up purchasing only because EPIC GAMES still has a coupon for 10 bucks and the game is about 19 bucks and change so at the end, I'll end up getting the game below 10 bucks, I still help Epic and I get a game that I may not even finish but I'll get something out of it.

Can we talk about Breakpoint here instead of there w/o the mods or CMs getting antsy, it seems too crowded in that forum for the little things I would like to get help on. Sorry to highjack your thread GasCan

Eh fcac... And Mike too of course. Appreciate your insights.

Probably should just leave Breakpoint for the Breakpoint forum- though I'm happy to help you out through DM if you just need a few pointers.

I've totally dumped it- uninstalled it on both accounts and have no real interest in going back so I'll be of little help with the new content so much... but if you're just looking for some help with the low lying fruit and general gameplay I'm sure I could at least get you pointed in the right direction.

I agree, the subject of BP remains over on that forum.

BTW, Gas, here's an image that gives you a hint regarding one of the issues in GRW that you can take advantage of if you wish. That walking heavy is not on alert:

I get the impression dead bodies are more commonplace here?

Actually it's the opposite; dead bodies normally de-spawn far too quickly, which is an issue that can be taken advantage of naturally. However in the above case, if you do a CQC kill and the body doesn't de-spawn by your following activities (normally moving away from where the kill took place), they are invisible to other NPCs - unlike however if one was to have shot that dead NPC in the photo.
     1 people found this helpful

MIke is right, and some other times, what used to happen in FC3 happens a lot as well, which is you kill an enemy on the other side of the building and all of a sudden someone sees it and you scratch your head about how in the hell did it happen

A lot of the gameplay mechanics need a tweaking here and there but as shooters go, this is it, you can't really find a shooter that the primary option is about the shooting and not the selling of a cosmetic or even a better weapon.

Anyways guys, I do need some help with the KB buttons on BP and hard as I try to get to the point, well, I couldn't and I went with a total rant but I do have some questions that perhaps you can answer for me there. I'll leave you the link here and you guys can respond there? https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...ive-Experience

Originally Posted by FCacGRdvWD Go to original post
    MIke is right, and some other times, what used to happen in FC3 happens a lot as well, which is you kill an enemy on the other side of the building and all of a sudden someone sees it and you scratch your head about how in the hell did it happen

A lot of the gameplay mechanics need a tweaking here and there but as shooters go, this is it, you can't really find a shooter that the primary option is about the shooting and not the selling of a cosmetic or even a better weapon.

Anyways guys, I do need some help with the KB buttons on BP and hard as I try to get to the point, well, I couldn't and I went with a total rant but I do have some questions that perhaps you can answer for me there. I'll leave you the link here and you guys can respond there? https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...ive-Experience
    Hi,

regarding the feleing neaseous thing, you should go in the options and extend the field of view to the maximum and give it a try.

Thank you, yes, that worked a bit better and I am guessing the more I play it, the better I will understand all of the other keyboard options.

But anyways, back to topic, GasCan, how are you fairing out with the game? I gotta admit, even if the immersive mode is a bit better, there is still major work to be done to make the gameplay even on par with Wildlands and personally speaking, WL needs a few hugs and kisses to the AI in general but it does say a lot that we are comparing it though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►