Light spam is out of control now

I know I am not the only one who is fed up of the light spam in this game, its actually ridiculous.... This game went from actually needing skill and mix ups to defeat your opponent to picking the characters who have the fastest light attack spam... Orochi, peacekeeper, warlord, Hitokiri, Jorm,Kensei... actually 80% of the characters in the game can light spam! This is such an issue for console because we cant even see the attacks coming half the time so we just stand there and eat the attacks. Please do something for console players because its really annoying to get hit with 20 light attacks from an orochi or hitokiri without even being able to stop them.
     1 people found this helpful

UbiInsulin's Avatar Community Manager
    If your own hero's light attacks were slowed down, would you be as comfortable throwing them? How slow should they be? That's kind of an important question to consider when we start talking about 500ms lights being problematic, as that's roughly the standard.

The game still needs skill. If you have some, there is no such thing for you as lightspam.
     1 people found this helpful

[QUOTE=500ms lights being problematic, as that's roughly the standard..[/QUOTE]

Standard my ***. you continue to make thew HL's light attacks around 600ms. How you justify what you said without being a hypocrite?

Originally Posted by Armuun_74 Go to original post
    Standard my ***. you continue to make thew HL's light attacks around 600ms. How you justify what you said without being a hypocrite?
    You need to relax. That’s why UbiInsulin said “roughly average” because there are a few characters that still have 600ms lights.

I’m sure once he gets changes he’ll see his lights speed up and probably even enhanced.

Get off the forums unless you have something thought out to say. I’m sick of seeing these 3 second posts to bash a moderator when they have no control over the game. And even then don’t give them smack for it. Grow up, chill out.

Console needs better netcoding, region locking, better latency detection for spikes and kicking those on mcdonalds wifi. From there on a players end they can use an ethernet cable and at least a 60 hz monitor (when i do play console i use my 165 hz monitor and it doesn't make that much of a difference bc 30 fps cap HOWEVER the 0-1 response time DOES). Also find some way to uncap fps. I'm sure a lot of console players, myself included, would trade non essential graphics quality for better fps. The reality is though that a lot of console players do not have an optimal set up or even a decent one, and they ruin the experience for others. I see a lot of laggy players on pc, and it sucks, but the prevalence is much higher on console alongside those drawbacks. Even with a 165 hz monitor 0-1 response time, an ethernet connection of 80 mbps down and 6.5 up on ps4, i will only play if my best friend wants to bc he is exclusively ps4, otherwise i wouldn't touch console fh if you paid me to. Horrendous experience.

Originally Posted by UbiInsulin Go to original post
    If your own hero's light attacks were slowed down, would you be as comfortable throwing them? How slow should they be? That's kind of an important question to consider when we start talking about 500ms lights being problematic, as that's roughly the standard.
    This may be off topic since I get the complaint is about speed. I think as far as being comfortable throwing attacks goes, light attacks don't make much sense. I feel totally comfortable throwing heavies because I can feint them. Honestly I'd be fine making the fastest light be 600ms (totally within human reaction almost regardless of system setup) if I had the ability to feint lights. This would turn throwing lights from a low reward high risk action, into a mix up/baiting tool. It would add a lot more depth to 1v1 as well.

Originally Posted by Velentix Go to original post
    This may be off topic since I get the complaint is about speed. I think as far as being comfortable throwing attacks goes, light attacks don't make much sense. I feel totally comfortable throwing heavies because I can feint them. Honestly I'd be fine making the fastest light be 600ms (totally within human reaction almost regardless of system setup) if I had the ability to feint lights. This would turn throwing lights from a low reward high risk action, into a mix up/baiting tool. It would add a lot more depth to 1v1 as well.
    The problem with making everyone's lights 600 ms especially on pc is that no light would ever go unparried. I don't like being lightspammed as much as the next guy but if everything were reactable there would be no point in throwing attacks, the game would devolve into a turtle simulator. And if every attack was reactable then characters like warden, hitokiri and other bash characters would shine even more.

Originally Posted by Chump94 Go to original post
    The problem with making everyone's lights 600 ms especially on pc is that no light would ever go unparried. I don't like being lightspammed as much as the next guy but if everything were reactable there would be no point in throwing attacks, the game would devolve into a turtle simulator. And if every attack was reactable then characters like warden, hitokiri and other bash characters would shine even more.
    That would depend on recovery times and parry windows, all of which are changeable. If recovery times preclude reaction based parries (when you are baiting a parry), then it becomes fine to have slower attacks because recovery times artificially keep you from being able to react despite your physical ability to react.
    This would however be untenable in current game due it changing basically the foundation of how the game is played, such that it would result in plenty other problems outside of 1v1 scenarios. But that aside I do think that feintable lights (slowed down or not) would be a good addition.

That makes sense but there are characters in the game who cant really light spam like xanhu and Shigoki. Its just hard to deal with when a character has a light attack combination that hits you more than once at a speed thats hard to react to on console.