TrickShady's Avatar Senior Member

[FEEDBACK] on immersive mode

So after a couple days of playing with the immersive mode i thought id share a few thoughts on it and moving forward with it. First off i think you've done a good job of now making the base game playable and enjoyable but in all fairness this is how the game should have released to start with but hey you got there in the end.

*From changing just a few setting has for me transformed the core of the game and i do enjoy going about the world and getting into firefights as now i have to think about what i am doing where as before you were just rambo with heath regain and pumped up stamina. The injury system is great i was running away from couple of folks and got shot in the back injuring me and making fall and roll down a hill as i hit the bottom i was majorly injured and looking for somewhere to take cover and patch myself up. The game now has some enjoyable moments.

*Great to finally not have a whole nations worth of weapons in my backpack that i don't even have on, i only have the ones i choose to take and if i need to change i have to either pick up one or get back to a bivouac.

*Changes to starting on the gunsmith are a positive but there is much work to do there. It is nice having new silences but they look awful with the patterns and not being able to change the colour. And what about the 3d visuals in the patch notes, we haven't seen them so what are they.

*I like the shock pistol but it would be better if it was equipable without being a class ability.

*Ai at the moment is the best i have seen them so far with not bugging in the shut down loop, they are approaching from different directions and different amounts of people depending on alert stage. They are better but there is still a lot more that needs to be done with them so they seem different from each other as they all seem to have the same behavioural patterns and it would be great if they acted differently from each other.

*******THINGS FOR MOVING FORWARD*******

*Something needs to be done about these damn drones both stomp and hugo give you great ideas for this but at the moment they need toning down in ammour protection and speed just to make them playable, a little rebalancing with go along way for the time being but it would be great if there was an implementation of a way of dealing with them other than the temp results of the shock pistol or having to go loud and take them out that way.

*Azrael and choppers need a proper flight pattern and not just spawn over head this is one of the worst aspects of the game and one that needs changing. At the moment their frequency just a little to much and needs slightly lowering. And as the sound loop bugs on the azrael you don't know if it is the sound loop or one is still around.

*The enemy settings need to be opened up like the tactics so we can have extreme time to detection and tactics while having damage done to your Ghost by enemy fire on advanced so to utilise the injury system which at the moment isn't really working when you play on extreme as you die in a couple shots.

*Having settings to limit the amount of ammo would be another good addition done in the same way as bandages so people could set their own preference.

*More settings and freedom of choice is always the way forward.

*Complete removal of all passive effects of weapons unless you can find a realistic way of doing it but not after swapping weapons +3 damage, i thought we were coming away from those aspects.

*The dull and lifeless world needs a lot of work as does the story in the way it is written and delivered. Mission diversity needs improvement also.

*Please do something about the civs even if it is a setting to mute their annoying lines and nothing that is not a necessary.

*Bug finding and fixing needs to improve.

************************************************** *********************************

I am finally enjoying aspects of the base game and i think you have done a good job with the immersive mode and now have a decent starting point to where the game can move forward. The ai teammates will make a great addition and i hope that we may get some info on them before to long. There's still much to do a right the mess of how the game got released but you are showing signs of steadying the ship. I hope the improvements in the immersive mode are a start to improve the other areas of the game that were also badly designed and severely lacking.

Will add more as i go.
     2 people found this helpful

Fix combat belt color issue. Customize, keep it one color, remove it completely. Mostly, consistency would be nice.
     1 people found this helpful

LaMOi's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by TrickShady Go to original post
    So after a couple days of playing with the immersive mode i thought id share a few thoughts on it and moving forward with it. First off i think you've done a good job of now making the base game playable and enjoyable but in all fairness this is how the game should have released to start with but hey you got there in the end.

*From changing just a few setting has for me transformed the core of the game and i do enjoy going about the world and getting into firefights as now i have to think about what i am doing where as before you were just rambo with heath regain and pumped up stamina. The injury system is great i was running away from couple of folks and got shot in the back injuring me and making fall and roll down a hill as i hit the bottom i was majorly injured and looking for somewhere to take cover and patch myself up. The game now has some enjoyable moments.

*Great to finally not have a whole nations worth of weapons in my backpack that i don't even have on, i only have the ones i choose to take and if i need to change i have to either pick up one or get back to a bivouac.

*Changes to starting on the gunsmith are a positive but there is much work to do there. It is nice having new silences but they look awful with the patterns and not being able to change the colour. And what about the 3d visuals in the patch notes, we haven't seen them so what are they.

*I like the shock pistol but it would be better if it was equipable without being a class ability.

*Ai at the moment is the best i have seen them so far with not bugging in the shut down loop, they are approaching from different directions and different amounts of people depending on alert stage. They are better but there is still a lot more that needs to be done with them so they seem different from each other as they all seem to have the same behavioural patterns and it would be great if they acted differently from each other.

*******THINGS FOR MOVING FORWARD*******

*Something needs to be done about these damn drones both stomp and hugo give you great ideas for this but at the moment they need toning down in ammour protection and speed just to make them playable, a little rebalancing with go along way for the time being but it would be great if there was an implementation of a way of dealing with them other than the temp results of the shock pistol or having to go loud and take them out that way.

*Azrael and choppers need a proper flight pattern and not just spawn over head this is one of the worst aspects of the game and one that needs changing. At the moment their frequency just a little to much and needs slightly lowering. And as the sound loop bugs on the azrael you don't know if it is the sound loop or one is still around.

*The enemy settings need to be opened up like the tactics so we can have extreme time to detection and tactics while having damage done to your Ghost by enemy fire on advanced so to utilise the injury system which at the moment isn't really working when you play on extreme as you die in a couple shots.

*Having settings to limit the amount of ammo would be another good addition done in the same way as bandages so people could set their own preference.

*More settings and freedom of choice is always the way forward.

*Complete removal of all passive effects of weapons unless you can find a realistic way of doing it but not after swapping weapons +3 damage, i thought we were coming away from those aspects.

*The dull and lifeless world needs a lot of work as does the story in the way it is written and delivered. Mission diversity needs improvement also.

*Please do something about the civs even if it is a setting to mute their annoying lines and nothing that is not a necessary.

*Bug finding and fixing needs to improve.

************************************************** *********************************

I am finally enjoying aspects of the base game and i think you have done a good job with the immersive mode and now have a decent starting point to where the game can move forward. The ai teammates will make a great addition and i hope that we may get some info on them before to long. There's still much to do a right the mess of how the game got released but you are showing signs of steadying the ship. I hope the improvements in the immersive mode are a start to improve the other areas of the game that were also badly designed and severely lacking.

Will add more as i go.
    All fine points.

I agree that this immersive mode is totally transformative. Ubisoft also delivered it in the best possible way, OPTIONS!! Which is great!

The game still has a myriad of issues still but if Ubisoft are willing to keep fixing and adding and tweaking we might eventually have a good game.

I really would like —

1) Ammo limit found in the world to force you to play in a more considered / tactical way.

2) No auto reload. I want to hear my gun go click if I run out of bullets, so you can have thoughts tense moments in a gun fight.

3) ability to holster your weapons!

4) AI improvements. I have noticed them collectively just all standing in one place after a search not moving at all. I’ve seen that a couple of times.

5) More than 1 slot of items (grenades, C4, Flashbangs) in the quick dial menu! I mean seriously I’m getting sick of having to enter the menu screen to swap them out constantly!
     3 people found this helpful

matsnake86's Avatar Member
    Mostly agree with you. This has been a good patch.

What i do really hope to see in the future is Gear that actually matters.

Armors should give proper protection based on what kind of plate you are wearing and add negative effects such as less movement speed if you are on an heavy plate, helmet and such.
    And maybe also bag management? Maybe let us store in the bag folded weapons and stuff? So that you have to stop .. take off your bag and swap weapon , tools etc..

LaMOi's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by matsnake86 Go to original post

Armors should give proper protection based on what kind of plate you are wearing and add negative effects such as less movement speed if you are on an heavy plate, helmet and such.
    And maybe also bag management? Maybe let us store in the bag folded weapons and stuff? So that you have to stop .. take off your bag and swap weapon , tools etc..
    Would love that.

Originally Posted by TrickShady Go to original post
    *Azrael and choppers need a proper flight pattern and not just spawn over head this is one of the worst aspects of the game and one that needs changing. At the moment their frequency just a little to much and needs slightly lowering. And as the sound loop bugs on the azrael you don't know if it is the sound loop .
    This. The way Azrael drones are configured is a mindless gameplay loop. The game would be improved if Azrael drones were simply removed. Even simply randomizing the flight path, rather than ALWAYS going perfectly overhead, would improve things 1000%.

TrickShady's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LaMOi Go to original post
    All fine points.

I agree that this immersive mode is totally transformative. Ubisoft also delivered it in the best possible way, OPTIONS!! Which is great!

The game still has a myriad of issues still but if Ubisoft are willing to keep fixing and adding and tweaking we might eventually have a good game.

I really would like —

1) Ammo limit found in the world to force you to play in a more considered / tactical way.

2) No auto reload. I want to hear my gun go click if I run out of bullets, so you can have thoughts tense moments in a gun fight.

4) AI improvements. I have noticed them collectively just all standing in one place after a search not moving at all. I’ve seen that a couple of times.

5) More than 1 slot of items (grenades, C4, Flashbangs) in the quick dial menu! I mean seriously I’m getting sick of having to enter the menu screen to swap them out constantly!
    Yeah it has completely changed the game and made it worth playing for all the faults it still has.

Agree with all of those point really like the idea of no auto reload and the extra slot.

There is still work to do with the ai but you should have seen them after the patch before this one they were dreadful. This has fixed some on the problems but one issue that still persists is the inconsistency from player to player.

Would be great to see that gear made an actual effect and weight vs protection became a valid part of the game and gear was not just cosmetic.

Bone_Frog's Avatar Senior Member
    All fine points.

I really would like —

Drones. There is simply no way to play this game in stealth. There is the added fun of forced fire fights. Ammo scarcity really isn't practical to the way the game is built.

Auto-reload actually makes sense. By the time you are tier-1slide lock is something you feel and automatically reload without thinking. There is no "gun goes click". You feel the bolt lock back, if you've never experienced it I can't really explain it, other than without looking or thinking you can tell whether you need to reload, or have a malfunction and your body starts to respond well before your brain catches up.

Well since we are going with that level of reality, so long as we get a T800 and Predator to replace Weaver and Midas.

You have two slots. Top row, your choice, class item, your choice. Bottom row: Bandages, syringes, rations/binocs/canteen. This is one of the most realistic things going for this game. It should be locked outside of bivouac/erewhone in my opinion. As it is you have this magic backpack that allows you to carry about 200lbs of various toys. SOF guys IRL may load out with 1-3 Frags and 2-4 Flashbangs. This deal of having 7 Frags, 7 demo blocks, 7 mines, 7 Flashbangs, 5 rockets(LOLOLOLOL), single use killer drones, a recon drone, plus blow out kits and ect... It's crazy. To me that breaks immersion. Grenades and flash bangs should be things you use to maximal effect and try not to waste as you only have 1 or 2.

Body armor has gotten really light. ESAPI plates only weight like a little over a kilo(2.5lb) a piece now, and XSAPI plates(the ones that stop armor piercing rounds) just under 2kg(4lbs) each. Nomad is carrying more in grenades than in plates. Gone are the days when decent body armor weight 40lb on its own.

As far as dropping a bag, they have quick release clips that lets you drop them when you want to kick in the afterburners. Carrying weapons in them... Not the most realistic though, because outside of a 5.56 NATO weapon, they will need their own mags and ammo. for a 5.56 weapon system you could theoretically carry a different upper in your pack if you want to flow between CQBR and DMR.
     2 people found this helpful

Vakris_One's Avatar Senior Member
    Immersive mode is indeed a great step forward and a foundation to build on. I'd like to see proper bullet calibres finally sorted out such as the addition of the 50. calibre round for the sniper rifles that should be carrying it. As well as correcting the UI mistakes like listing the Bren assault rifle as 7.62 when its magazine is a 5.56, the new MK23 silenced pistol as a 9mm when it is clearly a 45 and etc.

At some point I really would like for them to make Auroa feel as alive and interesting as Bolivia did. Maybe use Sam Fisher's arrival to shake things up on Auroa such as the US government finally sending over some kind of covert support. Getting the rebels more armed and involved in the fight like how we could call on assets from Pak Katari's rebels in Bolivia. Maybe get Sentinel to grow a personality and start becoming their own faction that forms a more adversarial relationship towards the Wolves. Kind of like the Cartel and Unidad.

Give us some radio channels so it doesn't feel so dull while travelling by cars/helis/planes. And stop with all the detection that's merely an annoyance when wanting to drive around the Island in a Sentinel vehicle.

matsnake86's Avatar Member
    I didn't know that a plate could be so lightweight. Even so actual protection from different plates would be awesome ! Do you agree? ^