Hugo-FOU's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Bone_Frog Go to original post
    I'll double check when I'm back in game. I was fairly certain the 416 and M4A1 were 5.56 in game and the 516 was 7.62 for some odd reason. I have a whole video on that actually, so unless they hot fixed it, at least on PC it is 7.62.
    It was like that in the beta, but I think they fixed it. (On PS4 at least). I’ll also check when I’m back on.

TrickShady's Avatar Senior Member
    Its showing 5.56 on xbox for the 516.

Flanker1Six's Avatar Senior Member
    Actually I would prefer to be able to adjust the amount of ammo I carry. Pulling a mag or two off a downed enemy, should be totally normal. Especially as we are fighting a near peer force using the same weaponry.
    Ditto!
     1 people found this helpful

Actually I would prefer to be able to adjust the amount of ammo I carry. Pulling a mag or two off a downed enemy, should be totally normal. Especially as we are fighting a near peer force using the same weaponry.
    I would too, but I’d rather Nomad wasn’t like a ammo vacuum, sucking it off enemies as he runs past, without even breaking stride.

Originally Posted by TrickShady Go to original post
    Its showing 5.56 on xbox for the 516.
    Seems likely that it is at least fixed on consoles.

LaMOi's Avatar Senior Member
    I never upgrade anything that makes the game easier.

More ammo capacity, stamina, health buffs etc.

But still the game has too much ammo.
    Iíve never run out once.

If resources were less abundant in the world it would give more purpose and meaning to actively scavenging!

I hope they tweak this.

Originally Posted by LaMOi Go to original post

I’ve never run out once.

If resources were less abundant in the world it would give more purpose and meaning to actively scavenging!

I hope they tweak this.
    In this play through I’m going to be very selective. There are skills I want. Like breach torch, rocket launcher and EMP grenades and also addition drone damage, because I don’t want to have to spend any more time on them than I have to. I’ll get to these by ‘buying’ non-passive skills, so that I don’t have to activate them. One other thing I may do select one damage mitigating non-passive perk that I’ll pair with the Assault class and a heavily armoured visual palette.

Originally Posted by Solvejk Go to original post
    The issue here is that, with how the enemies are currently implemented, limiting your ammunition just doesn't work. The whole concept of how enemies react, how many are in a compound/area, how they would react to being shot/hit. All those things would need a massive overhaul. It isn't just turned into being more immersive by putting more and more restrictions on the player. Both sides need to be balanced to account for that.
    Some of that overhaul really needs to be necessary - because the game is life less.
    For example adding Ammo box container around the map.

So players can recon a small outpost to fill up on necessary supplies to raid a larger target.

Bone_Frog's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LaMOi Go to original post

Iíve never run out once.

I hope they tweak this.
    Only once they nerf drones of all types. As long as there are bullet sponge enemies we will need bullets to in abundance to take care of them.
    In GRW I could clear an entire base with a mag on average. The two largest bases took me two mags. Here though I gotta dump a mag into each drone on the base.
    Good news is, every corpse I stack before they see me should be 180 rounds that I can count on picking up, as standard loadout for every 5.56 carrying mudfoot the world over is 7 mags(1 in rifle 6 in reserve). Oddly, despite their ability to sling rounds at me like they are being belt fed from the Winchester production line, I can only scrounge 20-30 rounds per body.

LaMOi's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Hugo-FOU Go to original post
    In this play through I’m going to be very selective. There are skills I want. Like breach torch, rocket launcher and EMP grenades and also addition drone damage, because I don’t want to have to spend any more time on them than I have to. I’ll get to these by ‘buying’ non-passive skills, so that I don’t have to activate them. One other thing I may do select one damage mitigating non-passive perk that I’ll pair with the Assault class and a heavily armoured visual palette.
    Gear or item unlocks ó I will definitely get.

But donít you just HATE linear skill trees that force you to unlock stuff you donít want to get to the stuff you do. Urrghhh.

ArgimonEd's Avatar Senior Member
    You only get those levels of ammo if you acquire the various skills associated with ammo and gear capacity. That is a choice.

As far as picking up from enemies. From what I have experienced in 15hrs of game play of the immersive mode, they carry ammo types related to the weapons they are using.

5.56 is abundant, and for me that is immersive as pretty much every weapon platform that uses 5.56 uses interchangeable mags, so you could literally strip unused mags off your opponents and pop them right in.

The 516 which for some odd reason uses 7.62 kept running low on ammo for the same reason. Most enemies aren't using 7.62 weapons.

Havent paid that much attention to pistol ammo, also havent played with PSR, DMR or PDW yet.
    Realized the same thing after playing.
    With exception that for me.
    I'm only being able to pick ammo if the enemy is using the exact weapon as me (M4).
    He doesn't pick ammo from the AUG, the 416, only from the M4.