Immerisive mode's ridiculous amount of ammo capacity. (Please Read.)

Breakpoint Immersive mode is a step backwards in the right direction. With new features like the unforgivable injury system to the tiered loot elimination. Breakpoint has become a better experience, however they introduced ammo loss on reload, which makes the game more interesting because you begin to watch your ammo more, but it's intensity is immediately undone by the player's ammo capacity. I mean I'm carrying nearly 400+ rounds for an assault rifle, 150+ shells for a shotgun and 152+ rounds for a pistol. I am a walking armory I reload after every shot and still have some more because enemy players with Ak-47's magically drop 9mm rounds and shotgun shells. It's pointless and it makes no sense in terms of being a special forces soldier being trapped behind enemy lines with one mag in his gun and 4 mags on his vest with 2 pistol mags on the side. NO SENSE TO WALK OVER AN AK47 AND RETRIEVE 40+ SHOTGUN SHELL. THIS IS IMMERSIVE MODE ON ELITE SETTINGS I WANT TO SUFFER... I AM! BUT IN THE WRONG WAY!!!

Please make ammo count adjustable as Many, Several and Few settings. With ammo drops corresponding to their respectful guns rather than the arcady player's gun option. It would make the mag lose on reload setting and gun swapping option truly a force to be reckon with rather than being pointless, because that's what these options are as of this moment.
     5 people found this helpful

Bone_Frog's Avatar Senior Member
    You only get those levels of ammo if you acquire the various skills associated with ammo and gear capacity. That is a choice.

As far as picking up from enemies. From what I have experienced in 15hrs of game play of the immersive mode, they carry ammo types related to the weapons they are using.

5.56 is abundant, and for me that is immersive as pretty much every weapon platform that uses 5.56 uses interchangeable mags, so you could literally strip unused mags off your opponents and pop them right in.

The 516 which for some odd reason uses 7.62 kept running low on ammo for the same reason. Most enemies aren't using 7.62 weapons.

Havent paid that much attention to pistol ammo, also havent played with PSR, DMR or PDW yet.
     7 people found this helpful

TONY-NOVA's Avatar Member
    Imho, with the exception of perhaps optics, parachutes, and weapon dismantling, perk tree should be removed(or an option to turn off) from Immersive mode.
     2 people found this helpful

The issue here is that, with how the enemies are currently implemented, limiting your ammunition just doesn't work. The whole concept of how enemies react, how many are in a compound/area, how they would react to being shot/hit. All those things would need a massive overhaul. It isn't just turned into being more immersive by putting more and more restrictions on the player. Both sides need to be balanced to account for that.
     4 people found this helpful

Hugo-FOU's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SaviorBasedGod Go to original post
    Breakpoint Immersive mode is a step backwards in the right direction. With new features like the unforgivable injury system to the tiered loot elimination. Breakpoint has become a better experience, however they introduced ammo loss on reload, which makes the game more interesting because you begin to watch your ammo more, but it's intensity is immediately undone by the player's ammo capacity. I mean I'm carrying nearly 400+ rounds for an assault rifle, 150+ shells for a shotgun and 152+ rounds for a pistol. I am a walking armory I reload after every shot and still have some more because enemy players with Ak-47's magically drop 9mm rounds and shotgun shells. It's pointless and it makes no sense in terms of being a special forces soldier being trapped behind enemy lines with one mag in his gun and 4 mags on his vest with 2 pistol mags on the side. NO SENSE TO WALK OVER AN AK47 AND RETRIEVE 40+ SHOTGUN SHELL. THIS IS IMMERSIVE MODE ON ELITE SETTINGS I WANT TO SUFFER... I AM! BUT IN THE WRONG WAY!!!

Please make ammo count adjustable as Many, Several and Few settings. With ammo drops corresponding to their respectful guns rather than the arcady player's gun option. It would make the mag lose on reload setting and gun swapping option truly a force to be reckon with rather than being pointless, because that's what these options are as of this moment.
    Totally agree on getting an option to set our ammo amounts. I’ve just started a new play through so have no ammo boosting perks, but I still have too much to make it seem real. Also, as has been suggested by others including Bone, a mag count system would be far better than ammo loss on reload. I also think we should have an option to stop ammo pick up being automatic.

Originally Posted by Bone_Frog Go to original post
    You only get those levels of ammo if you acquire the various skills associated with ammo and gear capacity. That is a choice.

As far as picking up from enemies. From what I have experienced in 15hrs of game play of the immersive mode, they carry ammo types related to the weapons they are using.

5.56 is abundant, and for me that is immersive as pretty much every weapon platform that uses 5.56 uses interchangeable mags, so you could literally strip unused mags off your opponents and pop them right in.

The 516 which for some odd reason uses 7.62 kept running low on ammo for the same reason. Most enemies aren't using 7.62 weapons.

Havent paid that much attention to pistol ammo, also havent played with PSR, DMR or PDW yet.
    I’m on PS4 and the 516 uses 5.56.

Originally Posted by TONY-NOVA Go to original post
    Imho, with the exception of perhaps optics, parachutes, and weapon dismantling, perk tree should be removed(or an option to turn off) from Immersive mode.
    Agree on this too. The items from the perk tree, like EMP grenades and breach torch, should be items you loot or buy and the rocket launcher should be a weapon like any other and take up a weapon slot! As a concession to the single primary weapon option now available, they could allow the RL to be equipped, even if the single primary option has been selected.

Originally Posted by Hugo-FOU Go to original post
    I’m on PS4 and the 516 uses 5.56.
    I'll double check when I'm back in game. I was fairly certain the 416 and M4A1 were 5.56 in game and the 516 was 7.62 for some odd reason. I have a whole video on that actually, so unless they hot fixed it, at least on PC it is 7.62.

Well I'd rather adjust how much ammo enemy is droping.

But otherwise, let's say you didn't putt off all the bags and armor to look good, one of my former buddy was in the military, and he told me about how they had their things carrying. (he was also set in afghanistan)
    And he said he had 2 bags, one were 10 mags for his assault rifle- 10 x 30 or 10 x 35 (depending on which gun) was 300 raounds indeed.
    The other bag he had pistol mags, also 10 of them- he used a P8 which using 9x39 mm Para and it also had 15 round mags. 10 x 15 = 150.

So it's actually not that far away from realism. If you counting your backpack and fastloader bags near the pistol for example or additional bags on your armor it may be 400 bullets in general.

But back to the thing of adjusting ammo. Either you are picking up just one mag, would be 30 or less bullets.
    Or you picking up the whole bullets of the enemies bags and else, could be also 200+ bullets...
    It's difficult to do "immersion" on that.

Originally Posted by Airashii-Tenno Go to original post
    Well I'd rather adjust how much ammo enemy is droping.

But otherwise, let's say you didn't putt off all the bags and armor to look good, one of my former buddy was in the military, and he told me about how they had their things carrying. (he was also set in afghanistan)
    And he said he had 2 bags, one were 10 mags for his assault rifle- 10 x 30 or 10 x 35 (depending on which gun) was 300 raounds indeed.
    The other bag he had pistol mags, also 10 of them- he used a P8 which using 9x39 mm Para and it also had 15 round mags. 10 x 15 = 150.

So it's actually not that far away from realism. If you counting your backpack and fast bags near the pistol for example or additional bags on your armor it may be 400 bullets in general.

But back to the thing of adjusting ammo. Either you are picking up just one mag, would be 30 or less bullets.
    Or you picking up the whole bullets of the enemies bags and else, could be also 200+ bullets...
    It's difficult to do "immersiojn" on that.
    Actually I would prefer to be able to adjust the amount of ammo I carry. Pulling a mag or two off a downed enemy, should be totally normal. Especially as we are fighting a near peer force using the same weaponry.
     3 people found this helpful

Klaymond's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah, they definitely should to expand the tailoring capabilities. Perks remain unlocked but toggleable, untether enemy damage/aggressiveness, and ui
     1 people found this helpful

I fully agree, there is too much ammo now.
     1 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►