Maybe for 50 skill points (because they did not address creative ways to spend our extra skill points) you could get a special EMT gun or something like you said?

Hugo-FOU's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Stomp0nMybaIls Go to original post
    To play devil's advocate that would essentially make panther redundant which is what I'm assuming the gameplay designer wouldn't want, I would say the main issue is making the drones actually fun to fight against, or at the very least fair to fight against, something that makes our gameplay more challenging and thought provoking, but not breaking it in the process.
    That’s a really good point. It’s something I hadn’t considered since I’m not a fan of classes anyway, but it has just reminded me of something I encountered yesterday whilst playing. Don’t know if it’s a bug, (I seriously hope it isn’t), but I was playing echelon class in a new play through when I checked my inventory and found I had 2 canisters of cloaking spray! I was able to equip and use them just as I would when playing panther.

Originally Posted by recklessnico Go to original post
    Good suggestions.

Although the Behemoths are pretty much irrelevant and not really a nuisance, since you don't have to fight them after you get the blueprint. And even for retrieving the blueprint you can use the panther spray and make a run for it.

The real problem lies with the other drones in the various bases that make stealth impossible IMO
    The worthlessness of Behemoths was in part why I suggested this, but you and stomp are right, if not this then we need a better way to neutralise drones without ruining stealth.

Originally Posted by usafirefly7 Go to original post
    Maybe for 50 skill points (because they did not address creative ways to spend our extra skill points) you could get a special EMT gun or something like you said?
    The new shock pistol from the Echelon class seems to shut them down but I don’t yet know how long it lasts, or if there is a way to use it effectively on flying drones.
     1 people found this helpful

El_Cuervacho's Avatar Senior Member
    That's a great idea, Hugo! As much as I despise fighting the damn things and tend to ignore them altogether, it's this kind of thinking that this game is in dire need of. It would actually change the way I see them and change my attitude towards them completely.
    BP's world as it stands is fragmented and oblivious to the player's actions and implementing overarching systems and mechanics like the one you're suggesting, are the only hope of turning this game into something special and truly take advantage of it's openworld design.
    This suggestion fits so perfectly with how things are already laid out in the game that it would surprise me that it wasn't the original purpose of those towers and the motivation to fight Behemoths in the first place (then again it's UBI we're talking about, so, who knows).

TrickShady's Avatar Senior Member
    Great post hugo something is definitely needed for the drones. The shock pistol is a temp walk around but there needs a solution moving forward with them.

igrvks's Avatar Senior Member
    I completely agree with everyone, the drones need to go. I have been shamelessly cross posting a old suggestion of mine in threads like this, which I intend to keep doing as long as those stupid bullet sponges plague Auroa.

Originally Posted by igrvks Go to original post
    There should be optional sabotage missions to key Skell infrastructure and manufacturing plants that would disable the drones for each region. Player would have the option to reset them kind of like the outposts in Far Cry 3 should they want to fight drones again. While checklist gameplay like this is far from ideal it would mean that these missions would be far less challenging for the team to implement than completely bespoke missions. This would allow the players to choose if they want to have drones in their game or not, ultimately giving every preference something as a compromise.

I have said it before and will keep repeating it, this kind of game should be all about options for the players.

For example, Region A:
    - Gain intel on manufacturing process
    - Take out power plant/wind turbines to cut power in manufacturing plant and to gain access there
    - Infiltrate the manufacturing plant and sabotage key components and manufacturing lines
    - Finally take out their warehouse to get rid of their backlog of complete drones
    Result: Sentinel and Wolves cannot deploy ANY additional drones for Region A. This makes "boss" drones like Behemoth have permadeath too, you take it out and it will never respawn unless the player chooses the option to reset all drones from the options menu.

Write some variation and repeat for every region, suddenly you have a ton of optional side content that is something other than Faction missions, with ability to restart the process, allowing players to test different approaches and tactics.

Very interesting idea OP. I like it.

Originally Posted by El_Cuervacho Go to original post
    ..... it would surprise me that it wasn't the original purpose of those towers and the motivation to fight Behemoths in the first place (then again it's UBI we're talking about, so, who knows).
    I think you’re probably right. If it was just for loot, they’d just be guarding some sort of storage bunker. The fact that’s it’s a tower suggests it was supposed to be more.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by TrickShady Go to original post
    Great post hugo something is definitely needed for the drones. The shock pistol is a temp walk around but there needs a solution moving forward with them.
    Thanks. I need to do some testing to see how long it puts them to sleep for and what ‘wakes’ them up.

Originally Posted by igrvks Go to original post
    I completely agree with everyone, the drones need to go. I have been shamelessly cross posting a old suggestion of mine in threads like this, which I intend to keep doing as long as those stupid bullet sponges plague Auroa.
    Great ideas. Players could even have an option that if they die in a particular region, it resets the drones and they need to go through the process of shutting them down again.

Originally Posted by DarkFire1978 Go to original post
    Very interesting idea OP. I like it.
    Thanks

I still think that the best way to do it, is have the drones in a sleep state, as long as you remain undetected, just like the turrets. And while they are in this standby state, they can be disabled manually, if you can get close enough. This would keep the Panther class viable, because her cloaking spray would still come in handy, once the drones are activated, and looking for you.