Hacking on console killing the game supported by ubisoft

Using a third party hardware that allows the connection of mouse and keyboard to xbox is hardware modification and hacking, probably the worst form of cheating and ubisoft allows it. It takes away all competition from controller players and everyone from gold up uses it. Please stop these hackers and return it back to being a console game rather than it being littered with the garbage of PC who want a hardware advantage so they play console.

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    Oh, it's worse than you think. Look up "Strikepack" modded controllers. They snap directly onto standard console controllers, and have all sorts of mods for recoil control, rapid fire, auto-leaning when strafing, etc. They're cheap and can be bought anywhere.

Originally Posted by croken717 Go to original post
    Oh, it's worse than you think. Look up "Strikepack" modded controllers. They snap directly onto standard console controllers, and have all sorts of mods for recoil control, rapid fire, auto-leaning when strafing, etc. They're cheap and can be bought anywhere.
    In fairness everything but the auto recoil adjustment is fair game as elite controllers at least do the other stuff. Otherwise its the old scuf controller thing which i dont think ms and sony can do anything about because all the makers of the mod pack have to do is remove the line about recoil macro and they get away with marketing an above board alternative to elite controllers and whatever ps version is.

High time Microsoft and Sony make a mouse solution standard for their consoles. Who on earth wants to play a shooter with a controller? I find it impossible to do. Steering wheels and flight sticks have been there since the beginning. But a mouse , which makes a lot more sense, is a no-no???? The solution with a mouse and an analog wand is Golden. Far better than mouse+keyboard when sitting on the couch.

The Strikepack is just theft. That amount of money for what it does?

Why create 3 almost identical threads? You think it helps to spam?

Yeap it's Ubisofts fault they people can use a third party mouse on keyboard on different consoles. No, that's not how it works, if you want to point fingers then look at Sony and Microsoft.

On this subject you shouldn't put blame on anyone but the creators of the consoles themselves. And then certainly not in the way that you see. M$, Sony and Nintendo should make a mouse based control system themselves. And bundle it with FPS games. Everybody should be able to play consoles with a mouse or mouse-like solution. Blaming players themselves is just sooooo wrong.
    I dont know so I'll ask: is there crossplay between PC-players and console?

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    I've deleted the other two threads. Please refrain from making duplicate threads about the same topic.

As we have previously stated, native KBM on console is disabled on our end. There is nothing further we can do at this time. We suggest reaching out to the console's manufacturers regarding KBM usage and third-party programs.

Originally Posted by UbiMorning Go to original post
    As we have previously stated, native KBM on console is disabled on our end. There is nothing further we can do at this time. We suggest reaching out to the console's manufacturers regarding KBM usage and third-party programs.
    Weird approach, but I certainly understand the reason. Putting mouse against controller is ofcourse unfair. But developers should push the possibilty of playing with a mouse on console instead of blocking it. That's another reason to make a distinction in your game between solo players and multiplayer. Or PVE and PVP. Who cares if someone plays with a mouse on console when he/she only plays single player? Some always do ofcourse but that's just being hate- and spitefull.

Playing a shooter with a mouse is just sooooo much more enjoyable. Again, game developers should push the usage of it on console instead of blocking it. I think it's easy to create fairness when you implement the control scheme yourself in the game code. Monitoring third party hardware would be a lot harder.
    And by blocking native keyboard + mouse support, unfairness is exactly what you create. Because now players have no answer against users of third-party hardware. But then again, anyone can buy those products themselves. Everybody happy.
    There is so much hardware out there ranging from the most stupid simple rubber thingy to put on the thumbstick to high dpi mice. All manufacturers claim their product will revolutionary change your FPS-ing. Nobody makes a fuss about the usage of high performance steering wheels in racing games. Because those who do care use one themselves. Exactly that needs to happen with shooters. Those who care about the difference in control method, should use the one that they find they are best with. Developers blocking that choice is just stupid. Microsoft and Sony not making a control method that easily enables mouse or trackball when on the couch is even more stupid. Using a keyboard when you sit on the couch is not easy and certainly not ergonomic. Mouse + analog left stick is the way to go. Make it so!

Originally Posted by Rbox22 Go to original post
    Weird approach, but I certainly understand the reason. Putting mouse against controller is ofcourse unfair. But developers should push the possibilty of playing with a mouse on console instead of blocking it. That's another reason to make a distinction in your game between solo players and multiplayer. Or PVE and PVP. Who cares if someone plays with a mouse on console when he/she only plays single player? Some always do ofcourse but that's just being hate- and spitefull.

Playing a shooter with a mouse is just sooooo much more enjoyable. Again, game developers should push the usage of it on console instead of blocking it. I think it's easy to create fairness when you implement the control scheme yourself in the game code. Monitoring third party hardware would be a lot harder.
    And by blocking native keyboard + mouse support, unfairness is exactly what you create. Because now players have no answer against users of third-party hardware. But then again, anyone can buy those products themselves. Everybody happy.
    There is so much hardware out there ranging from the most stupid simple rubber thingy to put on the thumbstick to high dpi mice. All manufacturers claim their product will revolutionary change your FPS-ing. Nobody makes a fuss about the usage of high performance steering wheels in racing games. Because those who do care use one themselves. Exactly that needs to happen with shooters. Those who care about the difference in control method, should use the one that they find they are best with. Developers blocking that choice is just stupid. Microsoft and Sony not making a control method that easily enables mouse or trackball when on the couch is even more stupid. Using a keyboard when you sit on the couch is not easy and certainly not ergonomic. Mouse + analog left stick is the way to go. Make it so!
    Your whole arguement doesn't take into account that 1. these ppl will use xims even if mnk was supported because they want a much larger advantage and 2. people that want to play competitively(ranked) with a controller should not be punished for doing so.

Also i believe PS has the device you refer to at the end.