Hey Ubisoft, Did TU 8.4 changes apply only to missions and not open world?

So I run around a lot open world solo mostly on Challenging and sometimes Heroic and run missions from time to time solo.

I did feel a change in missions solo... enemies were not one tapping me and it maybe took one less bullet to kill. It was fine.

But open world felt exactly the same as before... super aggressive enemies, one shot to kill me and bullet sponges for the most part.There is no perceivable changes to open world activities.

Did the changes get applied to open world or just missions?

Please find out.
     1 people found this helpful

any update?

Originally Posted by tjtoed Go to original post
    So I run around a lot open world solo mostly on Challenging and sometimes Heroic and run missions from time to time solo.

I did feel a change in missions solo... enemies were not one tapping me and it maybe took one less bullet to kill. It was fine.

But open world felt exactly the same as before... super aggressive enemies, one shot to kill me and bullet sponges for the most part.There is no perceivable changes to open world activities.

Did the changes get applied to open world or just missions?

Please find out.
    I noticed it too when playing with some clan mates last night but having long been a closed Alpha/Beta tester sometimes under NDA for many games I noticed a few things such as how enemies would "jump" 2ft-3ft in multiple directions ( sometimes called rubber banding) and on many occasions a delay of 2-4 seconds between me fully depleting their health and armour bar and the NPC actually dropping dead. Some Grenadiers were also not being staggered or having their throw interrupted by my shooting them along with bullet hits not registering it does also seem to be confined to the open-world as everything seems to be working fine during missions.

Everything I've seen would imply a "desync" between the game client and server with one being out of step with the other not registering bullet impacts and correctly registering NPC positions. In my case, my Internet is 350mb/s download and 60mb/s upload with at most a 2m/s ping so I know it's not on my end that the problem lies. It's likely the usual sloppy QA I've come to expect from Massive made worse by large numbers of the staff having to work from home due to COVID-19. It's been a recurring pattern from Massive since the early days of Divison 1, if there is a player exploit such as the recent damage glitch they patch it in a matter of hours or a couple of days at worst but if there are game-breaking bugs from them not doing sufficient QA before releasing such as the persistent revive hive glitch it takes weeks or even months for them to fix it if they even fix it at all.

Division 1 had some nasty bugs left in it because they'd already given up and moved onto Division 2 but with Division 2 it seems they are more interested in pumping out paid DLC and premium currency cosmetics then actually fixing bugs they caused, the irony is in a fully staffed developer using an engine they created a competent QA team should have caught and addressed many of these bugs before release but it seems the QA team either doesn't know what they are doing or is under orders to release content by a set deadline regardless of the state it's in. Most of the random people I play with are getting very frustrated with this constant cycle of Massive releasing bug-infested patches and rarely if ever properly fixing any of them.

Best advice I can give is if it gets to the point where you feel like throwing your controller/keyboard through your monitor is to close the game and try something else maybe if enough players stop playing Massive might put a decent effort in this time.
     3 people found this helpful

Maybe manual testing is much more efficient than automated testing.

They definitely need to take a look at the difficulty level of world events.
    Still fairly new here and have gotten my first character to level 40.
    Doing the manhunt stuff now and was after some of the bounties. Started that the day before there update and one of the bounties was simply a nightmare, the number of times I died trying to get that thing accomplished was just very frustrating.
    After there update was thinking "cool, maybe they wont be quiet so difficult", but the next bounty I went after felt nearly the same, just dying many times to get it done.
    The thing is i'm still running on world difficulty normal, so this really shouldn't be that tough. I can understand wiping a few times perhaps, but 8, 9 and some times 10+ times just trying to get the bounty done, thats turns fun into extremely frustrating, you really need to consider scaling this back a bit more.

Originally Posted by jak.savage Go to original post
    They definitely need to take a look at the difficulty level of world events.
    Still fairly new here and have gotten my first character to level 40.
    Doing the manhunt stuff now and was after some of the bounties. Started that the day before there update and one of the bounties was simply a nightmare, the number of times I died trying to get that thing accomplished was just very frustrating.
    After there update was thinking "cool, maybe they wont be quiet so difficult", but the next bounty I went after felt nearly the same, just dying many times to get it done.
    The thing is i'm still running on world difficulty normal, so this really shouldn't be that tough. I can understand wiping a few times perhaps, but 8, 9 and some times 10+ times just trying to get the bounty done, thats turns fun into extremely frustrating, you really need to consider scaling this back a bit more.
    I've got my world set on challenging, during missions with 3 other players I'm doing really good damage and taking less damage than I did when WONY was released yet if I go out into the open world with just 1 other player I encounter all the issues mentioned in my previous post another issue is one that's been there since division 1 and it NPC skill/grenade spam grenadiers from every faction can lob or throw grenades at an extremely rapid rate and half the time the grenade they throw never renders till it explodes right next to you and I'm running an i9 7940X with 64GB of DDR4 and an Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC with the game on my main Samsung 840 Evo SSD so I know it's not my system that's causing the issue as it's plenty powerful enough. Even the Black Tusk drone launchers are a pain you kill their 2 explosive drones and if the operator is still alive he launches another pair 2 seconds later, The revive station guys also drop them in places impossible to reach and if there's more than one of them they set them to overlap making everything in the effect zone almost invincible again. I've even seen the overheal buff applied to NPC's way outside the range of the healing station.

I'd concur with Ranger_Logan in that I think they need to adopt manual QA wholesale as whatever they are doing right now clearly isn't working. It seems to be a cultural thing in developers these days to release a product broken and riddled with bugs and then fix it later. I've been gaming since 1987 which was pre-internet when games came on floppy disks and later if you wanted a patch or mod you bought a copy of PC Gamer and downloaded the patch off a Floppy/CD. Back them games used to work as intended day 1 because developers respected the fact that first impressions mattered.

yeah, I guess most people focusing on missions and testing those.... but open world is the same CF it was...

Nobody reading these freaking forums? This is a real issue still. SOLO open world is a f*cking joke. The changes you implemented are not present in open world encounters. I am constantly getting one shot, surrounded, over-ran and it's flat out stupid.

This game has seriously become a joke.

I can't get anyone to comment on this that it's being looked at?