hyper---sniper's Avatar Senior Member

Can not clear challenge missions now ?

Yesterday challenge was good , and was a challenge , now after update i just can not clear them , Nothing on my build has changed but challenge missions are a real pain for me ,
    All was ok after i found the problem with my build now back to square one and with the crap drops i can not upgrade build ?.

So why is a upgrade ALWAYS a downgrade in this game ?..

on pc so do not bother with all ok if you play on console .. and yes i am level 40 plus , and yes you can blame my build but it was working before the update and i can not find better with the crap loot .and the bullet proof heavy machine gunners started 4 at a time in missions ?.
     6 people found this helpful

Found it to be opposite on heroic. Solo is fine can clear missions pretty fast. In group the damage mobs are doing is out of control. Group scaling was bad before because of armor but today seems mobs got a huge scaling buff to their dps.
     1 people found this helpful

The only thing they did is increase enemy HP for solo players while nerfing damage for the enemy.

Originally Posted by Gaeandilth Go to original post
    Found it to be opposite on heroic. Solo is fine can clear missions pretty fast. In group the damage mobs are doing is out of control. Group scaling was bad before because of armor but today seems mobs got a huge scaling buff to their dps.
    Heroic 4 player was totally nerfed. So it would be impossible for it to be the opposite. both HP and damage was lowered.

You probably never did 4 player heroic earlier because damage was always in the 700,000 per bullet range.

Originally Posted by hyper---sniper Go to original post
    Yesterday challenge was good , and was a challenge , now after update i just can not clear them , Nothing on my build has changed but challenge missions are a real pain for me ,
    All was ok after i found the problem with my build now back to square one and with the crap drops i can not upgrade build ?.

on pc so do not bother with all ok if you play on console .. and yes i am level 40 plus , and yes you can blame my build but it was working before the update and i can not find better with the crap loot .and the bullet proof heavy machine gunners started 4 at a time in missions ?.
    Why is it that none of these complaint posts ever list their build?

Do you want help to get better, or do you just want to QQ because you had to change your tactics?

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member

Did you try shooting the bad guys? Just kidding!

On Xbox here and haven't notice the change yet, but then again difficulty can seem to change from room to room. I will play later and give a serious critique afterwards.

Originally Posted by Sircowdog1 Go to original post
    Why is it that none of these complaint posts ever list their build?

Do you want help to get better, or do you just want to QQ because you had to change your tactics?
    You probably shouldn't take his/her posts all that seriously to be honest, been on a complain rampage lately here...
    Also from another thread:

can not get a build to solo challenging
    Soooo... Yeah... Apparently it was a problem for him/her before the patch too.

I already tried to explain to him/her why wearing 4 greens and 2 greens wasn't ideal but apparently that didn't sink in either. Then polarity switch was bugged because he/she didn't know that reloading/swapping weapons switched it even though the game tells you etc etc etc etc etc
     2 people found this helpful

It is a bit odd. The first thing I did when testing the update today was do a heroic solo. It felt like it was easier than story mode. I didn't die once, but died in the end fight once. It was air and space museum.

Then I went to do viewpoint on heroic, and didn't make it very far in and wiped, and since it wanted me to start from the beginning, I turned it down to "challenging". Got through that fine until the last fight, and died several times. I almost gave up. I finally made it through it, but not doing anything any differently -- the only difference was the variety of NPCs that spawned, and the decisions those NPCs made, and I happened to be in position to take them out.

They said that solo and duo would be more difficult. That seems to be the case. But it does seem that the damage output from the NPCs has been lightened, they aren't as spongy, and the time to kill is back to a reasonable amount. I think those were the main goals, so I'd say they did what they said.

Originally Posted by tcarlisle2012 Go to original post
    It is a bit odd. The first thing I did when testing the update today was do a heroic solo. It felt like it was easier than story mode. I didn't die once, but died in the end fight once. It was air and space museum.

Then I went to do viewpoint on heroic, and didn't make it very far in and wiped, and since it wanted me to start from the beginning, I turned it down to "challenging". Got through that fine until the last fight, and died several times. I almost gave up. I finally made it through it, but not doing anything any differently -- the only difference was the variety of NPCs that spawned, and the decisions those NPCs made, and I happened to be in position to take them out.

They said that solo and duo would be more difficult. That seems to be the case. But it does seem that the damage output from the NPCs has been lightened, they aren't as spongy, and the time to kill is back to a reasonable amount. I think those were the main goals, so I'd say they did what they said.
    Found out that they buffed True Sons alot, before the update on challenging either group (2,3 or 4) or solo with my DPS build i didnt take that much damage from True Sons but after the patch today True Sons hit alot harder then before the update, one shot all my armor (600k) ofc i still have unbreakable and my revive hive to safe me, but the hive tend to be more bugged then before the patch and doesnt work 75% of the time as before it was more like 25% of the time.

Wonder what they really did to True Sons, rest of the factions besides Black Tusk are good to do.

BT is a whole different story (Grenadiers being perfect pitchers 100% hit all the time, 100% hits with any weapon from miles away by all BT, Grenadiers shooting from across the map)

ps, feels also like they increased fire damage, because i get lots more damage from them and when the hive finally works it gets destroyed by the fire almost instantly, we do need an option to manually activate the hive, so we can crawl out of the fire to safety before using the hive to revive us

It’s your build. If you’re saying challenging was good but a “challenge” before the update then definitely your build. You should have no issue soloing a heroic let alone a challenging mission if build was proper.

I thought challenging was a lot easier after update solo. You need a dps build though, I currently run (according to challenging difficulty and elites on range, a 58M dps smg build with NO glass cannon). Can just run from mob to mob and stand there for .5 seconds while they die

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►