Question about The Settlers and gameplay

Hi, i'm new on this forum and i'm searching for a good Settlers game to play. I'm italian so sorry for my english.

FIRST THING

All the Settlers game with the style of gameplay similar to 1-2 and 3 aren't what i'want to play.

In this weeks i try Settlers 7, wich is not good to me because i don't like the war system, the sector system and i want to build walls and a castle around my city..a thing that is not possible to this game.

In the last 3 days i take a look and play on The Settlers 6 Rise of an Empire. This gameplay it's very good to me BUT i found very frustrating the fact that animals (deers) in two games that i have didn't respawn, so my hunters didn't make me meat .. and so no clothes for settlers.. the food is not a problem because i can make them with other resources (fish, bread ecc.).

I hate when i game force the player to search resources too much far from the main castle etc. and in this game is not easy to make troops and defend all the territory...

I don't know if the Setterls 5 it's the same thing, specially for the thing that settlers need resources to work.

I hope that the next settlers released in this 2020 will be more easy to play.

Did you advise me to play Settlers 5? or some tips to play better or make easy clothes for my Settlers?

My advise is clear: Forget that you have ever heard of Settlers 5
    That game is without doubt the worst in the series. I only played it at release time, maybe there were some patches that fixed some of the issues, but most of the issues were so big I'm sure they couldn't have fixed them in a patch

All the Settlers series on normal settings are trivial so I am not sure what kind of issues you had.

Regarding S5 they are very different and I like them but they are story based and are just completely different game.

Regarding animals in S6 if you have been using one hunter per animal place that was not upgraded it never run out of animals. So you have put too many animal hunters or you destroyed the forest. Other option is that something bugged in your version.

I have just finished S7 and it is the simplest of all the series and I found it very nice upgrade in comparison to S6. But all the walls/reinforcements are pre-placed (you can only build them where game allows and only the type that game allows, so no walls building as it was in S6).

Originally Posted by Kproduction1995 Go to original post
    Hi, i'm new on this forum and i'm searching for a good Settlers game to play. I'm italian so sorry for my english.

FIRST THING

All the Settlers game with the style of gameplay similar to 1-2 and 3 aren't what i'want to play.

In this weeks i try Settlers 7, wich is not good to me because i don't like the war system, the sector system and i want to build walls and a castle around my city..a thing that is not possible to this game.

In the last 3 days i take a look and play on The Settlers 6 Rise of an Empire. This gameplay it's very good to me BUT i found very frustrating the fact that animals (deers) in two games that i have didn't respawn, so my hunters didn't make me meat .. and so no clothes for settlers.. the food is not a problem because i can make them with other resources (fish, bread ecc.).

I hate when i game force the player to search resources too much far from the main castle etc. and in this game is not easy to make troops and defend all the territory...

I don't know if the Setterls 5 it's the same thing, specially for the thing that settlers need resources to work.

I hope that the next settlers released in this 2020 will be more easy to play.

Did you advise me to play Settlers 5? or some tips to play better or make easy clothes for my Settlers?

Please god no, settlers 3 was the best settlers game that ever came out. Multiplayer skirmishes, where u had to plan your every building, know the map in and out.
    Practice with a timer on ur own, how fast you could get wine and rank 3 troops.Oh good god how i loved settlers 3 strategy aspects of micro-managing the different requirements for huts.

Please DO make this a settlers 3 inspired game!

Originally Posted by DopeboyPIRAT Go to original post
    Please god no, settlers 3 was the best settlers game that ever came out. Multiplayer skirmishes, where u had to plan your every building, know the map in and out.!
    I played Settlers III a lot online, but what you mentioned is one of the main reasons I had for hating the online gaming in that game. As you say it was all about knowing the map, which in my opinion is the opposite of what made Settlers great games. I love the discovery! Not knowing where your enemies were and not knowing exactly where to place your mines is my favorite part about Settlers (as not all Settlers games had a random map generator, that unfortunately made replaying games more boring