Streamers and so called "influencers" don't sway me one way or the other to purchase a game. If I like the gameplay, I'll buy it regardless of what the streamer or so called "influencer" thinks. Streamers are an extension of marketing. They're commercials for a product.

Almost all streamers have nasal voices, scream on every kill/move/whatever or laugh like Hyenas
    due to their genetic deficiencies.

How anyone can watch that crap, let alone give them money, is utterly beyond me.

Auztinito's Avatar Senior Member
    Most streamers or youtube content is mostly considered trans-formative because it offers entertainment in place of game interactivity.

For example, Let's Players are enjoyed on the basis of how they interact with the game. This hinges on commentary and personality more than the game. Then you have professional esports players that are watched not unlike pro athletes. Finally, you have reviewers that use video formats for reviews.

For streamers, it's like watching any piece of entertainment. Game are solely based on interaction. It sucks watching someone else play a game, so how do they make it fun. They use their personality or commentary over said material.This is not something you can get from the game itself because everyone's experience and level of interaction is different. Do you pay to watch a comedian tell jokes? Do you pay to watch sport on TV? Do they not offer merchandise like hats, t-shirts, and other items? People pay for those, as well.

Lastly, streaming has been proven actually to boost sales for games.For example, not to long ago Sea of Thieves did a partnership with streamers to give free cosmetics if you watch at least 30 minutes of their stream.

Originally Posted by OsirisOTO Go to original post
    How anyone can watch that crap, let alone give them money, is utterly beyond me.
    In my OP I didn't even consider that. I only thought of the Youtube revenue.

People donated to one of those Kardashians so she could become the youngest billionaire. The human race (certain/many specimen at least) is utterly broken.

To answer the question, it is allowed because of section 6 in the Terms of Use contract we all entered into agreement by installing and using the product:

https://legal.ubi.com/termsofuse/en-US

While a game studio certainly could make their terms of use such that streaming the game is not allowed, but that would be a very bad business move.

Johnathan_Hill's Avatar Member
    I've had this very argument on Youtube with subscribers of a channel and they were livid when I made the same argument.
    but it is what it is, they aren't harming no one so it's no harm in it.
    the issue, to me, is some streamers get so big/popular that it appears (I say appear because I do not know for sure) that their gripes, complaints and cries get heard over the majority of the community.

Originally Posted by Johnathan_Hill Go to original post
    I've had this very argument on Youtube with subscribers of a channel and they were livid when I made the same argument..
    Haha, ofcourse they were livid. It's about money. I made the OP because I was certain that it was copyright violation and that eventually streamers make my game cost more to me. (See, it's always about the money ) ]But it has been told that the violation is not that clear cut. Now there are certain induviduals in this thread (probably streamers themselves) who were real unfriendly from the get-go, made some logic loop-de-loops and even try to state that streaming is flat out allowed. Now one of my gripes is that they often act like they are god knows what talented creators when the only thing they create is an (often poorly) edited video with a lot of expletives and shouting. Obviously there are also those who do a great job at it..My take on it is that in some way or another I and most other players eventually bear only disadvantage from the streaming phenomenon. Be it monetary wise or through the impact they have on game features or development. Streamers themselves naturally don't give a rat's *** about that and loudly proclaim that what they do is free marketing for the publisher. Yeah right. Strong point here in particular is the damage glich that almost nobody knew about until they streamed it.