Originally Posted by MotorMouse69 Go to original post
    people with roughly 500+ watch lvls abused a damage glitch and spammed legendaries with all the debuffs for extra exp
    No, they just did target practice ALOT, get your facts straight.
     3 people found this helpful

Guys enough with the exploit bs the devs have said doing the target practice the legit way is not exploiting the failing it and farming the 2 rounds or so you could fail before completion that was an exploit because it would still give the person Xp and i believe even loot, those of us who have just rinse repeated the target practice ranges all we are doing is grinding the actual content and even killing mobs on the way to the different shooting ranges i already have nearly all my items maxed before i started to gain xp to get seasons done and my exotic farming with targeted loot in the area's.

I tell people as a way of not boasting about it but to inform them that they do not need to go for heroic instances and failing it halfway through to have the higher chance of a exotic dropping during an earlier weeks targeted loot i got 4 nemesis rifles with in 5-7 hours i believe, with the change they made recently i got 3 or 4 diamondbacks with 21hours of none stop grind during that day in an attempt to get merciless rifle and unfortunately it did not drop.

So again devs confirmed this approach is not a glitch farming method but a using game mechanics, it is tiresome to do this and not for everyone and my primary reason for doing the target practice farm was targeted loot not just getting my watch levels up.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by John_Wick117 Go to original post
    Guys enough with the exploit bs the devs have said doing the target practice the legit way is not exploiting the failing it and farming the 2 rounds or so you could fail before completion that was an exploit because it would still give the person Xp and i believe even loot, those of us who have just rinse repeated the target practice ranges all we are doing is grinding the actual content and even killing mobs on the way to the different shooting ranges i already have nearly all my items maxed before i started to gain xp to get seasons done and my exotic farming with targeted loot in the area's.

I tell people as a way of not boasting about it but to inform them that they do not need to go for heroic instances and failing it halfway through to have the higher chance of a exotic dropping during an earlier weeks targeted loot i got 4 nemesis rifles with in 5-7 hours i believe, with the change they made recently i got 3 or 4 diamondbacks with 21hours of none stop grind during that day in an attempt to get merciless rifle and unfortunately it did not drop.

So again devs confirmed this approach is not a glitch farming method but a using game mechanics, it is tiresome to do this and not for everyone and my primary reason for doing the target practice farm was targeted loot not just getting my watch levels up.
    Dont bother Wick, they wont understand it.

At 330 but could see being 900+ easy if the game wouldn't put me to sleep. But you would have to sacrifice whatever small chance you had at upgrades. Because the fastest xp is hard or challenging with 3-4 directives. The reward for xp is crap in heroic compared to the extra time it takes. I got 330 almost purely in heroic but have dabbled in challenging and xp was pretty insane.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by oEASYLIFEo Go to original post
    High SHD levels (let's say over 500) have nothing to do with damage exploits.
    There are 3 ways to farm SHD levels very fast compared to casually doing missions etc:

1.Target Practice on Heroic with all 5 directives on. (contraversial and a hot topic)
    2.Other activities such as Hostage Rescue, Propaganda Broadcast or Terratory Control etc again on Heroic with all 5 directives on.
    3.Dark Zone land mark farming in a group of 2-4 clearing Heroic/Challenging land marks as fast as you can.

The first one is BY FAR the fastest and most efficient method of farming SHD levels, you simply go from one target practice to another and clear it for 330k XP per roughly 3 minutes work.
    It is a bit ridiculous that global difficulty and directives massively boost the XP reward on an activity that has no enemies and is super easy to complete but regardless of that it is considered a legit way (by the devs - because they are the only ones that matter) of farming SHD levels super fast although it probably needs another look at by the devs regarding how much XP you get and will likely see nerfs in the future.

The second one isn't as hard as it sounds once you have a good build and know what you're doing, you get a relatively easy-ish 330k XP while having fun blasting enemies and getting bonus XP for kills etc, it's my preferred method of farming SHD but I do mix it up with target practice as well.
    The third one I never do because I just don't like the Dark Zone but if you have a group and enjoy the DZ it can get you some serious XP in a short amount of time.

You also have to realize that some people are farmers/grinders and see SHD levels as a priority that needs levelling ASAP if only to get to 750 for 3 full nodes per catagory.
    Who really cares about explosive resistance, spare ammo capacity and skill duration, 750 SHD is "all" you need to max out the top tier stats and have a MUCH more powerful character.
    Just like Champion Points in The Elder Scrolls Online the SHD levels in The Division 2 give your character a BIG boost in power so grinders and farmers like myself who care about it will grind them before anything else in the game.

Two of the biggest streamers who the devs often mention in their State of the Game episodes Widdz and Solid FPS are both over SHD level 1000 for example.
    Did they cheat and exploit to get there? no of course not, they played the game and grinded them out almost always on stream too.
    Speaking of which, here is a video from one of them "Widdz" uploaded today all about power levelling your SHD levels:

(after watching it I can't help but think that a NERF to Target Practice AND the stats the watch gives will happen in the near future)

I dont think they would nerf the stats on the watch, imo it would make it less attractive to level up. No doubt they might nerf exp gain from target practice range with everyone calling it out as an exploit. But then they should nerf exp gain across the board. You get even more from clearing landmarks in 0DZ, should that be nerfed aswell? Instead of just nerfing, devs needs to look at balancing instead. But i highly doubt that.

Moderators might want to get someone to clarify if this should stop or not the Grinding of target practice and or even devs if people whine enough we know that massive usually ends up caving to their "demands"

Originally Posted by John_Wick117 Go to original post
    Moderators might want to get someone to clarify if this should stop or not the Grinding of target practice and or even devs if people whine enough we know that massive usually ends up caving to their "demands"
    Yes. Unfortunately.

lol people leveling up with the shooting range crap. Wow good job on getting to 1000 first, you have a garbage build because all you did it xp farm. I'm almost 300 now from randomly matchmaking missions daily, I'd assume there are 1000 levels.

Originally Posted by VampiricVulpix Go to original post
    lol people leveling up with the shooting range crap. Wow good job on getting to 1000 first, you have a garbage build because all you did it xp farm. I'm almost 300 now from randomly matchmaking missions daily, I'd assume there are 1000 levels.
    Good for you. Want a medal?
     1 people found this helpful

THE_Crazy_Hyena's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by retro1236 Go to original post
    Good question, is there even a limit? Sure there's a limit on what to spec in to but will that limit raise once we're getting there?
    Not sure to be honest, but there are 800 levels of just upgrades. With one point in one category per level up, you're looking at easily 1000 levels. It would take 200 levels to max out one category. Multiply that with 4 and you get 800. Plus the mandatory scavenging point you have to spend in between, so there's an additional 200 levels there.
    After that you just keep on getting scavenger levels to infinity and beyond

Originally Posted by BKBRaptor Go to original post
    I've seen a player at 937 running around outside the White House.
    I've seen a guy at around 1155 or something crazy like that.
    I'm only at 122 myself.