Someone didn't pay the energy bills for Consulate?

Looks like the new lighting fixes for the patch has caused a few bugs on Consulate.

My brightness is pretty high to at 64.
     2 people found this helpful

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey! This has been reported and is being looked into. Thanks for the screenshots!
     1 people found this helpful

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by UbiMorning Go to original post
    Hey! This has been reported and is being looked into. Thanks for the screenshots!
    Nooo please keep it like that

From what I've seen from others it's the same on House to. I wonder what happened.

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by D4NW0LF Go to original post
    From what I've seen from others it's the same on House to. I wonder what happened.
    Do you have a screenshot of this happening on House?

DarthCynical's Avatar Banned
    Oh no, a bug that makes a map look less like brightly lit, sterilized hospital building and returns some of the atmosphere we lost when the asshats in charge removed all the cursed night maps from the game! Remove it and kill it with fire! Ooooor, just leave it the hell like it is and then do the same thing to all other maps. Call it the night map reparation/restoration act.

Originally Posted by DarthCynical Go to original post
    Oh no, a bug that makes a map look less like brightly lit, sterilized hospital building and returns some of the atmosphere we lost when the asshats in charge removed all the cursed night maps from the game! Remove it and kill it with fire! Ooooor, just leave it the hell like it is and then do the same thing to all other maps. Call it the night map reparation/restoration act.
    Can't please everyone I guess?

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    Do you have a screenshot of this happening on House?
    I don't was just from what others said on Discord. Though it appears to only be with higher settings.

Slyrr7's Avatar Banned
    Darth is right about the lighting in general. Realistic lighting is one of the many things that UBI has deleted from Siege in their hyper-aggressive catering to the e-sporting/Ranked crowd. They complained because the dark areas of maps made it hard for them to pull off their arcade twitchy trick-shots. So kaboom- UBI destroyed the lighting, and now all the maps look like they're flood lit with boring, flat daylight from floor to ceiling. And I can't see any shadows from the players at all in most maps. Did UBI just remove those too? I've got full shadows ticked in my display settings, but in most maps, when the players are moving around - doesn't look like they have any shadows at all.

Even Half Life 2 managed to pull those off, and that's just the Source engine.

Some for House, seems darker than I remember, but haven't played House in forever.

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    The House lighting is as intended and has not been changed or bugged.