1. #31
    To keep this alive: YES to support and catering for solo players. Hup, hup Massive, to work you go......
    Share this post

  2. #32
    Originally Posted by ib-Nechepeht Go to original post
    (...)

    In PVE, there is a significant difference between feeling challenged and feeling bullied or entirely unprepared/impossibly obstructed. (...)
    That is indeed a good statement. And as a lot of players are still complaining that the game is too difficult for them, there seems to be an issue. The problem is: players who are not having an issue with the difficulty are simply playing the game and won't comment here. So we have to keep in mind, that there are always way more gaming experiences out there than our own one.

    That is why Massive is trying to find a solution that simply is somewhere in between both extremes - one extreme being the players that still think that heroic is way to easy and the other extreme being players demanding to be able to rush through challenging missions without facing a challenge.

    And even within these extremes, there are a lot of different people - glitch exploiters who can complete any content, people playing 24/7 and having all the loot luck in the world who can face any challenge just because of the tremendous amount of time invested, and simply skilled players or those that thoroughly create their builds and develop their gameplay on the one hand. And players really giving their best but feeling bullied by the game, people that have less time to invest and adapt the goals and challenges, and players that give a f**k about builds or talents or anything and just want to have better loot and access to everything without any effort – because others can have it so they want it too – on the other side.

    So... while there are 15 people in this thread complaining about the difficulty, there might be 50 that think it's fine. That is why I like your statement:

    Feeling a challenge when playing on challenging difficulty is mandatory. But if a majority of players constantly felt bullied, that would be worrisome.
    Share this post

  3. #33
    It seems that every elitist PGL wtfpwnrofl player wants this game to be completely unplayable & only doable for 1%. Ok, I get that! Small pec.kers find comfort in weird stuff to brag about!

    So lets stop & think for a second. If a ubernoob gets to finish Legendary & gets EVERY exotic/gear god rolled from this damn game he/she may want to step up his/her game & do the Legendary a bit different. This is where directives come in! Besides those that are already implemented now add a few other:
    1. Add X% hit points to AI.
    2. Add Y% damage output to AI.
    3. Instant reflexes to AI.
    4. Z% accuracy for AI.
    5. Infinite skills for AI.
    6. No cooldown for AI.

    In stead of pushing the player base away because only 1% can get the cool stuff, why not attract the player base with the cool stuff so that we can increase that 1%. Lets create excellent players & not push the noobs away. Arm the bad players with exotics & god rolls available in the hardest content so that they can become feared adversaries next time we meet them in PvP/DZ/etc.

    Add more directives to make the game HARDER at each & everyone's choice! Not divide the playerbase because some are bad & some are good.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #34
    Originally Posted by Ranger_Logan Go to original post
    It seems that every elitist PGL wtfpwnrofl player wants this game to be completely unplayable & only doable for 1%. Ok, I get that! Small pec.kers find comfort in weird stuff to brag about!

    So lets stop & think for a second. If a ubernoob gets to finish Legendary & gets EVERY exotic/gear god rolled from this damn game he/she may want to step up his/her game & do the Legendary a bit different. This is where directives come in! Besides those that are already implemented now add a few other:
    1. Add X% hit points to AI.
    2. Add Y% damage output to AI.
    3. Instant reflexes to AI.
    4. Z% accuracy for AI.
    5. Infinite skills for AI.
    6. No cooldown for AI.

    In stead of pushing the player base away because only 1% can get the cool stuff, why not attract the player base with the cool stuff so that we can increase that 1%. Lets create excellent players & not push the noobs away. Arm the bad players with exotics & god rolls available in the hardest content so that they can become feared adversaries next time we meet them in PvP/DZ/etc.

    Add more directives to make the game HARDER at each & everyone's choice! Not divide the playerbase because some are bad & some are good.
    The point is not to cater to the lowest common denominator. That's how you get games like World of Warcraft. If the only thing you get for doing harder content is the same as doing the easier content, the only people that will be doing it are streamers for the viewership. And it's way, way more than 1% I can assure you that, just try matchmaking heroic/legendary sometime. 1-2 min at most. So instead of trying to pull the game down to your level, try doing some research, reading forums, asking people what's good, experimenting, and inspecting good players.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #35
    Originally Posted by volitle89 Go to original post
    The point is not to cater to the lowest common denominator. That's how you get games like World of Warcraft. If the only thing you get for doing harder content is the same as doing the easier content, the only people that will be doing it are streamers for the viewership. And it's way, way more than 1% I can assure you that, just try matchmaking heroic/legendary sometime. 1-2 min at most. So instead of trying to pull the game down to your level, try doing some research, reading forums, asking people what's good, experimenting, and inspecting good players.
    I gotta say that even 1-2min seems a lot. Why not make it faster?! I almost see the same names in Heroic/Legendaries. At least on PC.
    Streamers are already doing it for the viewership & it's starting to go down the drain. How come most of them moved on?! Why is this considered as a bad thing, to not have streamers?! It's free publicity.
    So you're saying that I have to go on 3rd party sources to find out information on how to play the game?! Why not use the tools the game provides & learn from my own experience. I wanna gather experience by playing the game, not spending 2h on forums & start threads & 1h playing it. Why not use 3h of having fun experimenting?!
    Inspecting good players?! Most of the "good" nowadays is the meta.
    Share this post

  6. #36
    Originally Posted by Ranger_Logan Go to original post
    I gotta say that even 1-2min seems a lot. Why not make it faster?! I almost see the same names in Heroic/Legendaries. At least on PC.
    Streamers are already doing it for the viewership & it's starting to go down the drain. How come most of them moved on?! Why is this considered as a bad thing, to not have streamers?! It's free publicity.
    So you're saying that I have to go on 3rd party sources to find out information on how to play the game?! Why not use the tools the game provides & learn from my own experience. I wanna gather experience by playing the game, not spending 2h on forums & start threads & 1h playing it. Why not use 3h of having fun experimenting?!
    Inspecting good players?! Most of the "good" nowadays is the meta.


    In the age of information, ignorance is a choice. Sorry, can't help ya bud.
    Share this post

  7. #37
    Originally Posted by volitle89 Go to original post


    In the age of information, ignorance is a choice. Sorry, can't help ya bud.
    So in stead of finishing a product with all the required information on how to become fully efficient in using it you encourage going into 3rd party sources.

    Especially since this Alpha state of the game was sold at an AAA price? I understand your point of view, but you're letting someone slip without having to make them accountable. It seems that more & more players started to accept broken products at full price because they rather go & adapt their gamestyle rather than calling out bad products.
    Share this post

  8. #38
    Originally Posted by Ranger_Logan Go to original post
    So in stead of finishing a product with all the required information on how to become fully efficient in using it you encourage going into 3rd party sources.

    Especially since this Alpha state of the game was sold at an AAA price? I understand your point of view, but you're letting someone slip without having to make them accountable. It seems that more & more players started to accept broken products at full price because they rather go & adapt their gamestyle rather than calling out bad products.
    Name one game that doesn't incentivize external sources for information at high levels of play. Just because you want to be spoon fed off a silver platter doesn't mean everyone does, they are trying to encourage build diversity, which means you will, you know, have to actually figure it out for a change.
    Share this post

  9. #39
    Originally Posted by volitle89 Go to original post
    Name one game that doesn't incentivize external sources for information at high levels of play. Just because you want to be spoon fed off a silver platter doesn't mean everyone does, they are trying to encourage build diversity, which means you will, you know, have to actually figure it out for a change.
    So making a game now head to toe with all the required information for a default DPS/Support/Skill build is considered spoon fed?! Wow!

    Dunno, bub! I play games in my own pace & like to find out about stuff while doing them.
    Share this post

  10. #40
    Originally Posted by volitle89 Go to original post
    The point is not to cater to the lowest common denominator. That's how you get games like World of Warcraft. If the only thing you get for doing harder content is the same as doing the easier content, the only people that will be doing it are streamers for the viewership. And it's way, way more than 1% I can assure you that, just try matchmaking heroic/legendary sometime. 1-2 min at most. So instead of trying to pull the game down to your level, try doing some research, reading forums, asking people what's good, experimenting, and inspecting good players.

    I am not sure I understand what you posted correctly, but this game would probably kill kittens to have the playerbase of World of Warcraft....
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post