Originally Posted by Hansem1979 Go to original post
    I am not sure I understand what you posted correctly, but this game would probably kill kittens to have the playerbase of World of Warcraft....
    Numbers wise sure, but when you look at the actual game there's very little substance there compared to years ago. But that's a subject for another place

I really try to complete challenging "wall street" in NY because the damn quests ask for Challenging. I destroy the tank just to be wiped by a surprise attack and get the APC checkpoint reset. Wondering how many did finish that mission solo. Wondering how many finish anything on challenging things like Bounty or control point assault or most of the game content to that fact ...
    Wasting 2 hours to defeat a checkpoint kinda defeats the point.

L.E.
    People not posting things is because they have a life and they see a bad product and ditch it. I have this game for more than 1 year and played is a few weeks one year ago and 1 week for the New York Expansion.
    I do not post because is pointless. I see people complain and devs/management ignoring it for the loud crowd asking for more.

Most of the builds diversity is based on solo players. I play solo 99% of the time and if I feel it hurts my play I will likely never buy any future dlc for this game.
     1 people found this helpful

I'm a solo player.. and this is the last time I buy an Ubisoft game. I'm so frustrated.

Originally Posted by Noxious81 Go to original post
    And for better loot there needs to be... a challenge.

You cannot have the best loot in the game without taking on some challenges.
    Although, to be precise, we are just talking about drop chances. You can get god rolled items playing Story mode.
    It's not about challenge, it's about build viability. Solo play is more challenging because of lack of build viability since the patch. Before this patch, there were many builds that were viable both in solo and group play. The patch killed build diversity and destroyed self sustainability across the board. This is not as big of an issue in group setting since you can lean on others to take the pressure off or save you when you're in trouble/downed. In solo, you're the only target dummy for all NPCs, and anything but a heavy tank/skill build feels squishy and frustrating to play.

I've done heroic missions since patch, but they're not fun, it's an exercise in frustration. Before patch, my sustainability was directly proportional to how well I'm playing and how consistently I'm landing head-shots to heal myself. Now, you peek out of cover for 2 seconds, maybe kill one NPC before your armor is fully depleted, get back in cover and wait to heal up... repeat. And if you stay out for 1 second too long, or get unlucky with a grenade throw at the wrong time, or get rushed by more than one NPC while low on HP/reloading... it's game over. And you don't even get to start from the room where you died, but all the way back from the beginning. That's not fun, that's tedious and frustrating.
     1 people found this helpful

I think you may be taking my incomplete quote out of context. Perhaps I need to clarify my motivation. This is a forum regarding suggestions and feedback. I am attempting to offer a concrete variety of both. I am concerned with what appears to be a rather pronounced anti-solo bias emergent in the latest series of augmentations to the game that has nothing to do with the amount of skill a player brings to the table or reasonable challenges in game play. The fifteen people you have apparently observed in this thread complaining/offering feedback regarding a tedious adjustment to difficulty which ruins the fun of the game were likely attracted to the opportunity to offer their own constructive much necessary feedback to the developers and keep in spirit of the original intention of the thread. Should there in be "50" that think the difficulty is fine, they should have a place to provide feedback of their own somewhere in this forum on a thread devoted to the refreshing sensation of these changes, and I imagine it would be a much welcome opportunity to begin to explore the potential dichotomy between the player base on this issue that you seem to imply potentially exists. I am not here to push an agenda beyond the following: I am a flesh and blood veteran member of the Division player community that is here to provide constructive feedback regarding the latest patch with the intention and hope that the developers will take my feedback and variety of game play and motivation within and outside of the context of Taxonomic considerations of player bases seriously. My patronage and devotion to this franchise have in part however small contributed to its growth, and I am confident that my concerns are neither insignificant nor are they isolated/marginal.

hallfrom8's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by CharlieSixFive Go to original post
    Quote from Title Update 8.4 Patch Notes:

 "Compared to now this means Heroic and Legendary will be a bit harder for solo players and 2-player groups, 3-player difficulty will stay roughly the same, and 4-player difficulty will be easier."

Why are you forcing me to play with others to reach the best loot? Why this obvious dislike for solo-play? I want to be able to play whenever I want with whomever I want and be able to finish all the content. It doesn't have to be easy but it should be doable will playing solo. At the moment, and certainly after the proposed 'balancing', solo play at the highest difficulty level will be impossible.

Please reconsider the upcoming balancing and give some love to the many soloplayers.

CharlieSixFive
    Well you know. At least they have achieved that it would be possible to pass a raid at the expense of cheaters. Now it only remains to admit that without cheats it is useless to play, and get a list of allowed cheats.
    TTD and TTL in the same place as before the patch. There was a nerf of restoration of health 400> 150. There is some hidden nerf of the displayed damage. Previously, lethal doses in the raid were about 800-1200k for level 30 (raised to 39) with GS ~ 500. Now 170-400k. There are many loopholes here. And nobody was going to edit the balance along the way.

hallfrom8's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by CharlieSixFive Go to original post
    @Noxious81

Quote: I just don't understand...

Maybe I didn't explain it properly. I don't expect nor want the hardest content to be easy, on the contrary. Having said that, I do expect it to be doable while playing solo. And yes, it should scale if I choose to play in a 4-man squad (oh, sorry, 4-people squad ).

However, the game-designers have stated the best loot (highest rolls, exotics etc) has the highest chance to drop from the highest difficulty levels. So, in order for me to have a decent chance (like 7 or 8 % instead of 1%) I will have to play at those levels. No problem, I worked my way up to heroic and have finished a couple of those missions.

What I don't get is that this new balancing act makes an already almost impossible task simply undoable: solo a legendary mission.

Just to see what would happen I first tried it with my regular, pretty good,, gear with which I can do heroic (barely but I manage). Went to District Arena and couldn't get passed the front gate, let alone get inside the Arena. So, after a couple of tries, I decided to see what would happen if I used the damage glitch (yes I know...). Got inside, passed the first two fights and then got clobbered by multiple grenade-hounds firing like a Warthog. As there are no checkpoints (another of my gripes, but lets stay on topic) I had to start over. Tried a couple of times and then gave up.

So, even with jacked up damage-output (my LMG was at 1 million, my AR at 5 million) I got my *** handed to me. Yes, it might be that I suck at playing this game. But maybe the scaling (NPC damage output / armour / healing capabilities) is off. And this is my point: instead of improving the experience for soloplayers, they are making it more difficult....

Hope this helps to explain my complaint.

Cheers,, CharlieSixFive
    You can try to verify this with an intended assembly. 2 blue, 2 red, 2 yellow. And then you can already judge. But most likely their scaling comes from the maximum values ... that is, you need to look for equipment with 3 main characteristics. Or playing dishonestly, they still do not punish for the "foul play".

Originally Posted by Hansem1979 Go to original post
    I am not sure I understand what you posted correctly, but this game would probably kill kittens to have the playerbase of World of Warcraft....
    That’s the goal. They want this to be world of Warcraft. A lot of the people they have working in this game now came from blizzard and worked on world of war craft. Everything they are adding to the game has come from that game. It isn’t like we can’t figure it out but yes everything I have seen in the post here they have said solo is done now do what we want you to.

I don't feel the bias to be honest, sure Heroic is a little challenging but I feel right at home with it.