Originally Posted by tzaeru Go to original post
    Some people on these forums have been vehemently claiming that soloing Heroic was way too easy and doing Heroic in a 4-group was comparably quite hard. (...)
    We'll see how Challenging turns out as. It's not super hard solo as is.
    Exactly. Currently playing heroic missions solo is too easy compared to playing it with a full squad. With a decent build (put together with loot from challenging content), a little bit of patience and knowing how to play the game and act in certain situations, it is quite doable. And you don't need to be a fulltime gamer in order to do so. I work 40+ hours a week, have a family and a pet, a home, other hobbies and friends... and I until today even I felt that I should not be able to clear a heroic mission solo "so easily". And if even I was able to clear heroic missions solo – well, I think that most people showing a bit of interest and effort would have been easily able to as well.

So the good news is:
    Hard and Challenging content will soon be even easier.

Although personally I am a little afraid that it won't take long and we're back at challenging missions being used for "effective farming" by rather badly equipped players without much experience and without actually having a challenge.

I always end up in such discussions not understanding why people demand being able to easily play the hardest content in a game solo. It is hard content. It is not meant to be easy. And the game offers 6 overall difficulties on which every player, no matter how good or well equipped they are, no matter how much time they can invest into a game, can have fun. So while a lot of players who want to play harder content take the challenge and work their way up, there are always players that demand to be able to access the same content, but without taking the challenge.

If you are not good enough for solo'ing a challenging mission - play hard missions until you and your gear are. And if you're not planning on playing legendary missions solo, you won't need the loot from heroic missions anyway. Because you get the loot for having a fun time with challenging missions while playing hard missions. And you can even get god rolled items at the lowest difficulty, just with a lower chance of dropping.

It's all there. You just have to play the game. But... as I already said: I just don't understand...
     1 people found this helpful

@Noxious81

Quote: I just don't understand...

Maybe I didn't explain it properly. I don't expect nor want the hardest content to be easy, on the contrary. Having said that, I do expect it to be doable while playing solo. And yes, it should scale if I choose to play in a 4-man squad (oh, sorry, 4-people squad ).

However, the game-designers have stated the best loot (highest rolls, exotics etc) has the highest chance to drop from the highest difficulty levels. So, in order for me to have a decent chance (like 7 or 8 % instead of 1%) I will have to play at those levels. No problem, I worked my way up to heroic and have finished a couple of those missions.

What I don't get is that this new balancing act makes an already almost impossible task simply undoable: solo a legendary mission.

Just to see what would happen I first tried it with my regular, pretty good,, gear with which I can do heroic (barely but I manage). Went to District Arena and couldn't get passed the front gate, let alone get inside the Arena. So, after a couple of tries, I decided to see what would happen if I used the damage glitch (yes I know...). Got inside, passed the first two fights and then got clobbered by multiple grenade-hounds firing like a Warthog. As there are no checkpoints (another of my gripes, but lets stay on topic) I had to start over. Tried a couple of times and then gave up.

So, even with jacked up damage-output (my LMG was at 1 million, my AR at 5 million) I got my *** handed to me. Yes, it might be that I suck at playing this game. But maybe the scaling (NPC damage output / armour / healing capabilities) is off. And this is my point: instead of improving the experience for soloplayers, they are making it more difficult....

Hope this helps to explain my complaint.

Cheers,, CharlieSixFive
     2 people found this helpful

Agreed solo is a disaster please make game enjoyable for everyone solo or in a group
     3 people found this helpful

OneFromHell's Avatar Member
    I agree 100 percent. I am a solo only player also. I only want to play this game and others totally solo.

So, if you only run solo, why does the difficulty name matter? If they renamed "Hard" to "Challenging" and "Challenging" to "Brutal", would it make that much of a difference? Do the difficulty you are able to do, either easily or with, you know, achallenge.

GuanoLouco's Avatar Junior Member
    I agree 100%. I have tried hard to make the most of this update because I really like the concepts with the gear combinations etc. but after trying to do Darpa solo today I am officially done. I can’t play this game anymore.

I get better loot in half the time just fast traveling to control points and opening loot boxes. I do missions with targeted loot like pistols and I get one purple pistol the whole mission.

I have had enough of being spammed with grenades that fly halfway across the map and even around corners. Getting shot with no line of site or through cover. A machine gun (equivalent to chatterbox) having the range and damage of a sniper rifle. Today I even randomly caught fire and I didn’t even know where the enemy was that’s how far way they were.

DPS balancing should be simple. Take the same weapon class and give them the same DPS as us possibly at the upper end. Then you can tank them all you want at least we have a way to combat it with a decent build.

It is quite funny that an NPC has the ability to walk up to me while I am emptying a 200 round LMG into him and kill me with two swipes of a stick. I may be laughing now but I have not wanted to rage quit a game so much since I was a teenager.

Massive / Ubisoft want me to play with my friends then that's what I will do and go back to Destiny where they all are.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Noxious81 Go to original post
    If you are not good enough for solo'ing a challenging mission - play hard missions until you and your gear are. And if you're not planning on playing legendary missions solo, you won't need the loot from heroic missions anyway. Because you get the loot for having a fun time with challenging missions while playing hard missions. And you can even get god rolled items at the lowest difficulty, just with a lower chance of dropping.

It's all there. You just have to play the game. But... as I already said: I just don't understand...
    I don't know what your are talking about heroic loot been good, is crap compared to the effort needed to clear missions and world activities, few drops, bad, almost hard like, rolls. If I'm playing on the max possible difficulty available to farm, drops need to be at least decent, not this crap! https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...rld-activities

I have been playing the Division for years. I can say that I greatly valued my ability to run solo missions and figure out how to do everything solo or with one other player. I deeply appreciated the ability to neutralize otherwise tank like enemies with rapidity and tactical efficacy, and I appreciated being able to complete challenges in a timely manner. I do not possess hours to grind a mission on scaling enemies running without amber gear pieces, and I do not possess large throngs of players to cooperate with readily available on my lists. Matchmaking does not seem effective when I send calls for backup, and further, it is frustrating to be playing a tactical shooter where all windows for dropping enemies close rapidly as a result of bullets not doing their job.

I have more than many times per map on "normal" difficulty run into enemies who lose their entire health meter and all armor, yet they continue skating around the map taking an extra twenty shots to kill. They do not stagger or lose speed as they run despite the infliction of status effects in some cases. Other enemies experience a delay effect that saves them from dying whilst affected by status, thwarting anyone running "Ongoing Directive" gear set bonuses from getting their hollowpoint drops. I have also several times per map on "normal" difficulty found myself running into several waves of scaling enemies who still dish out incredible amounts of damage, giving them realistic bullet destruction that kills a player with one to four hits from an NPC assault rifle. I cannot begin to express the frustration I experience from having spent hours grinding for builds and weapons and stats that seem to make zero difference against these scaling enemies whilst running solo or with one other person. Regarding my builds, these are not unintelligent builds nor are they "noobish", however, the time I spend preparing them has proven ineffective and wasteful given the results I now receive in return for my investment of time. I appreciate a challenge when I welcome one. I have participated in many challenges in the Division franchise. I paced myself to meet these challenges over a slow growth arc into being well prepared to meet them and assist others facing them in matchmaking despite my sluggish solo and cooperative pace, but to be honest, after spending so many years playing this way, sometimes I just want to get dailies completed as efficiently and swiftly as possible without celebrating the more fabulous enemy types like they are eager attention starved performers given allowance for excessive stage time in some kind of overcompensatory weaponized talent show which I am too squishy to even bear audience to.

I do appreciate the challenges in the Division, however there has been little trustworthy consistency for players to take solace in regarding gear acquisition and solo builds for PVE. Nerfing damage output for PVE small team and solo players has been a disastrous experience for me and other players more attracted to the PVE cooperative elements of this game. I have literally lost most of my people to play with on this game because they refuse to participate in the increased violating sensation of these incessant ostensibly odd drastic meta changes and torching of the relevance of their hard fought gear pieces; they feel this violation has become regularly inflicted as late, and too frequently to recover from it. To their credit, they endured many meta shifts and stat reorders of the rules in this game over the course of many updates over both the first and current iteration of the franchise. I am appreciative of the Warlords of New York content, especially the new character models and enemy types, but I really miss the talent system that was eradicated in this new bundle, and I really feel the absence of the DTE stat. I cannot say I completely understand what your team was going for with the overall concept behind the Division franchise regarding bullet sponge enemies dynamics coupled with limited ammunition and sluggish mobility/skill based avatar agility/lack of crouching or going prone/slow sprint/no melee weapons or takedowns for Players as it stands today, but I can say that the tactical relief of diminishing the time spent clogged by ultra tankey ultra scaley named enemies or elite variety enemies was a necessary mercy that cannot be overstated built into the metas and provided by your original inclusion of DTE. Removing DTE has not made the game more challenging for me, in my opinion or my experience. Coupled with the meta shift to severely weaken PVE mode player DPS with non skill based weapons, solo activity, and limiting damage output varieties and gear diversity through the purloin of equippable talents, achievable dps, and the subtraction of stats, I have begun to experience deep strife, especially observable during invasions and the latter stages of several missions.

In PVE, there is a significant difference between feeling challenged and feeling bullied or entirely unprepared/impossibly obstructed. If the game is ever merely challenging, I do not feel terrible about getting killed over and over trying to complete stages or goals or objectives in the Division as I learn how to rise to these challenges, or hitting a ceiling induced by a lack of preparation overall. I find it difficult to believe that my gear combination is so useless despite my intelligent methodical blending of talents and skills available. I am bothered by certain weapon types being rendered obselete by these metas without conforming to the acquisition of items locked behind PVP and or higher difficulty modes that are no fun to even try without appropriate insanely rared gear or specialization efficacy.

I cannot boast of being a zealous adherent to this game in its current state like so many others, or its modes, but I have been a loyal customer and I did find it enjoyable as a solo player prior to the latest significant nerf. I prefer the PVE mode to PVP rather pronouncedly, and Coop appeals to me even if it is sometimes PVP(though I do admittedly avoid PVP). I feel pretty confused about how to proceed playing the Division 2. To say that I am not bothered by my confusion regarding the sense of futility I now experience playing this game would not be truthful. I suppose what I really do not understand about what is happening here is this:

Why can't players enjoy a wider spectrum of options and difficulties and approaches on this game at all times, regardless of updates and patches? Why can't updates and patches be add-ons that introduce new metas as a stack of optional new modes onto existent ones as well as repair existent ones without alteration of prior metas? Why are there no assurances to players regarding the integrity of the Division 2 and its functional design post release? Why can't players experience some kind of a realistic bullet damage mode with increased mobility, or a mode that allows players and NPC's to be instantaneously lethal or approximately thereabouts lethal given the right combo of gear and stat allowances without any sponge-ism whatsoever? Why are all players required to be so limited all of a sudden with gear benefits? Why aren't existent modes divided into baseline game types and modes that do not just refer to whether or not it is PVE or PVP variety gameplay(i.e. Tactical modes, agility modes, survival, et cetera)? There are clearly enough graphical assets and mocap in game as observable in the behavior of NPC's to apply to player avatars in potential broader terms of control and game modes and difficulty levels. Why can't players have access to sliders of their own choosing for Player and NPC damage output and scaling? Why can't players choose what stats and talents to turn on and off should they decide they wish for a greater challenge? These are questions I am asking to the developers.

By the way, I just want to say thank you for the library system in game. It truly is a wondrous addition.

Originally Posted by volitle89 Go to original post
    So, if you only run solo, why does the difficulty name matter? If they renamed "Hard" to "Challenging" and "Challenging" to "Brutal", would it make that much of a difference? Do the difficulty you are able to do, either easily or with, you know, achallenge.
    The difference being that loot-quality on higher levels.

Originally Posted by CharlieSixFive Go to original post
    The difference being that loot-quality on higher levels.
    And for better loot there needs to be... a challenge.

You cannot have the best loot in the game without taking on some challenges.
    Although, to be precise, we are just talking about drop chances. You can get god rolled items playing Story mode.