Originally Posted by CSpaceCowboy Go to original post
    Wtf is going on here?

How am I supposed to farm decent gear or named items when 95% of the targeted loot that drop from elites is purple?

-edit-

Updating post with images throughout this thread so devs dont have to search for them.

I ran Federal Emergency Bunker last night on hard difficulty with a friend, for the rifle "targeted loot."

All we got, I mean ALL THE RIFLES we got in there was a purple rifle at the end boss.

AeRoTR's Avatar Junior Member
    A very valid question "why do we have purple loot for endgame, level 30 and above"

It is a spam of garbage.
     3 people found this helpful

95% is an extreme exaggeration, i mostly play on challenging and i see purple here and there nothing alarmingly high though. If you're getting 95% purple then your RNG is just broken lol.

Originally Posted by ECSemperFi Go to original post
    95% is an extreme exaggeration, i mostly play on challenging and i see purple here and there nothing alarmingly high though. If you're getting 95% purple then your RNG is just broken lol.
    Yeah 95% is an exaggeration. However, I do get a high percentage of purple drops on Challenging which does not seem correct. I still argue that at Challenging+ there should not be any purple.... By the time people are progressing thru the harder levels there is zero need for purple and its just frustrating and demoralizing. Wife and I duo and I forget the mission (Challenge) but it was a tough section...we took about 3 tries to get thru it...and I kid you not the screen was littered with purple beams. Had Prince song in my head. I would have rather gotten nothing.

Vendors suck now also. Has anyone seen the vendor in the Campus? LOL, its all purple except for one gear mod. I mean vendors usually suck in general and I'm not expecting every vendor to sell god roll items, they never did. But come on, sell something that's at least worth it. I'm riding the struggle bus and my drivers name is RNG when it comes to finding decent loot.

Seems like when WoNY first dropped and everyone was working through it the gear seemed to be a bit better once you got to level 40. Since then I have no idea what's happened but a lot of stuff I'm getting is all crap. They said we'd see less loot but it would be better quality. I'm sure as hell not seeing it. I'm seeing just as much for the most part and its all garbage.

I would advise you guys to play on "Hard" instead - even if i and you for yourself can handle it, why going for "Challenging" or higher when the reward is simply not worth the time and effort(s) ?

I got most of my Exos on "Hard" and some in "Normal" from just playing Open world (aka killing named every 30 mins at the South Gate @ White House - and some of those Exo weapons and gears, had better rolls on them than the few ones i got on "Challenging" difficulty.

So from my personal xp, that 1%,3%, 5% and 7% chance thingy, is a fu***ng fairy tale, no matter what any of the devs or people trying to "sell" you otherwise.

I know, it may go against some peoples' personal e-peen to play on any difficulty below "Challenging", but apart from that it takes way longer, it's simply not worth the hassle, esp. when playing as an unclaned, that most has to get along with mmed randoms.

The one weird thing with these pictures is why not show the whole screen so we are clear that it is actually on heroic or challenge and not normal or even hard difficulty...

On challenge and heroic i am not getting any purple drops from mobs at all on pc at least, and 20 or so clan mates reported same deal no purples on challenge or heroic difficulty for them.
     1 people found this helpful

Wtf is going on here?

How am I supposed to farm decent gear or named items when 95% of the targeted loot that drop from elites is purple?

-edit-

Updating post with images throughout this thread so devs dont have to search for them.

working as intended

Originally Posted by John_Wick117 Go to original post
    The one weird thing with these pictures is why not show the whole screen so we are clear that it is actually on heroic or challenge and not normal or even hard difficulty...

On challenge and heroic i am not getting any purple drops from mobs at all on pc at least, and 20 or so clan mates reported same deal no purples on challenge or heroic difficulty for them.
    I didnt know how to screenshot. Photo mode doesnt show loot. Was pasting **** into mspaint and the pictures were huge so I cropped them down. When I tried to adjust picture size in paint it shrunk the image by cropping and it would crop out the loot.

I just figured out how to shrink images without cropping it with GIMP.

IE, the control point picture.

-edit-

Keep in mind, mobs are dropping HE gear, you can see that in pictures, it's the targeted loot that is purple.

The control point heroic pic is me thinking my loot is fking bugged or something.

Either way, purple drops need to be deleted challenging and above

I didnt know how to screenshot. Photo mode doesnt show loot. Was pasting **** into mspaint and the pictures were huge so I cropped them down. When I tried to adjust picture size in paint it shrunk the image by cropping and it would crop out the loot.

I just figured out how to shrink images without cropping it with GIMP.

IE, the control point picture.

-edit-

Keep in mind, mobs are dropping HE gear, you can see that in pictures, it's the targeted loot that is purple.

The control point heroic pic is me thinking my loot is fking bugged or something.

Either way, purple drops need to be deleted challenging and above
    on PC i just use F12 that usually does the trick, and only place on heroic or challenging where we get targeted loot as purple is from chests, so it is just the reason why i thought it was weird with not showing difficulty and just the cropped pictures with a close up of purple colored loot on the ground.