Why is 95% of targeted loot purple in challenging?

Wtf is going on here?

How am I supposed to farm decent gear or named items when 95% of the targeted loot that drop from elites is purple?

-edit-

Updating post with images throughout this thread so devs dont have to search for them.

20 people found this helpful

Because they broke the game with TU8 and Loot 2.0
     17 people found this helpful

Cadillac-Jack's Avatar Senior Member
    Maybe it's bad luck and RNG.

I play solely on challenging and since the WoNY release iv'e picked up

2 x exotic weapons
    1 x Exotic back pack

20 x named items both Gear and weapons (does not include vendors or season named items)

I do get purples but not a lot.
     1 people found this helpful

I got two foxes prayer from a cp3 on normal. I had btsu gloves, sawyers pads, and the new backpack drop on all normal.

I start farming in challenging for things like contractors gloves, etc.. and 95% of the targeted loot that drops from elites and named enemies has been purple.

I'm about to go back to damn normal mode. This is ridiculous. I thought drops were supposed to be better the higher up you go in difficulty.
     4 people found this helpful

The purple drops seem worse than ever and the exotics also drop with very disappointing stats, although I've only seen 3 in as many weeks and I've been hitting it hard.

I watch STOG and they just fill it with fluff and keep teasing the carrot. Sooner or later I'll have to concede they are just full of sh1t.

Still, a lot more to worry about in the coming weeks than the state of this game and wether I get banned or not. I'm honestly past caring

Honestly, you turn to games to avoid these depressing times while isolating and Div2 just exacerbates the feeling lol, maybe I'll try Ori
     12 people found this helpful

I agree apart from the season loot boxes im getting in mail, I would say closer to 99% of my loot i get from boxes and dead enemy is purple. I aslo never play lower than challenging and most of the stats I'm getting are more like story mode trash.
     5 people found this helpful

Oh, I forgot, I also got two chameleons from bounties in normal mode.

None of my decent drops have been above normal in difficulty.

Seriously, wtf?
     1 people found this helpful

I think there is some confusion here by the players.

Scaled Loot is ONLY from enemies and Boss Chests in missions
    Open World Chests do not have scaled loot meaning it could be any rarity based on your level.

No confusion, read my post.

95% of the targeted loot I'm getting from ELITES and NAMED enemies are purple, in challenging difficulty.

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Agent_Ares Go to original post
    I think there is some confusion here by the players.

Scaled Loot is ONLY from enemies and Boss Chests in missions
    Open World Chests do not have scaled loot meaning it could be any rarity based on your level.
    No confusion, there is an issue where loot will more likely be purple the HE. Just today, targeted loot in areas has been purple while the HE items are usually non related to target loot.

Originally Posted by CSpaceCowboy Go to original post
    No confusion, read my post.

95% of the targeted loot I'm getting from ELITES and NAMED enemies are purple, in challenging difficulty.
    Similar results here. Far more Purple then HE and that's the way it's been since the update. Odd part is loot drops seem to vary a lot pending on players. Some seem to be seeing lots of good loot, while others see the other end of the spectrum.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►