1. #1

    Why do I get so many themepark ranked

    Playing on the new theme park is not as bad as the old one, but playing it is still way too frustrating. Defending is way too easy and attacking is hell. Every game basically comes down to luck, whether you get defending first or attacking first.

    I don't know why, but I seem to get theme park 7 out of 10 times. I rarely play on kafe, border or outback. Even when those maps are better and are not as frustrating to play on.

    It's honestly annoying to see THEME PARK RANKED displayed in front of you all the time. I wish i get to play this map with the same frequency as other maps instead of getting it all the time and losing MMR on attack.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by Totally_blantly Go to original post
    Playing on the new theme park is not as bad as the old one, but playing it is still way too frustrating. Defending is way too easy and attacking is hell. Every game basically comes down to luck, whether you get defending first or attacking first.

    I don't know why, but I seem to get theme park 7 out of 10 times. I rarely play on kafe, border or outback. Even when those maps are better and are not as frustrating to play on.

    It's honestly annoying to see THEME PARK RANKED displayed in front of you all the time. I wish i get to play this map with the same frequency as other maps instead of getting it all the time and losing MMR on attack.
    Why do you feel its defender sided? And even if it was to be if they win 3 defense and you dont they were clearly playing better. The map is really good imo.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,202
    I'm glad to see you're enjoying the new Theme Park! How often would you say you get the map in a single session of Ranked?
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Theme park and Outback I get way to often on casual.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,746
    Originally Posted by MarcelDavis2un2 Go to original post
    Why do you feel its defender sided? And even if it was to be if they win 3 defense and you dont they were clearly playing better. The map is really good imo.
    You are 100% right. This map is incredibly defender-favored. Almost every match I get here goes to whoever ends up on defense in overtime. This map really needs to come back out of the Ranked pool.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Dan6992's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    939
    It's all random. I played for many hours the other night and had several stretches where I played the same map 3-4 times in a row. At one point it was Kanal, then Oregon, then Border.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,202
    Originally Posted by GRAW2ROBZ Go to original post
    Theme park and Outback I get way to often on casual.
    Is the Ranked map ban system something you'd be interested in seeing come to Quick Match at all?
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by croken717 Go to original post
    You are 100% right. This map is incredibly defender-favored. Almost every match I get here goes to whoever ends up on defense in overtime. This map really needs to come back out of the Ranked pool.
    But whats so defensesided about it? There is no site on the map you are gonna loose a lot if you have the proper setup. I think the problem is more about ranked players being quite narrowminded and pick their fragging op of choice every round instead of the needed utility ones. Adding to that is the fact that a good attack requires more coordination then a good defense.
    Having a guy open the ceiling above armoury to get rid of counter harbreach utility or prevent impact tricking, one watching his flanks, a thermite/hibana setting up for a wall breach below and one watching his flank takes 4 people. Impact or bandit tricking takes 1 person.
    The map is fine and i find myself winning attack on it at least once or twice per half.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    Is the Ranked map ban system something you'd be interested in seeing come to Quick Match at all?
    I think its all in the luck of joining a server to get a different map. Since most of the time everyone leaves the server for a new match after match is over. Very seldom winners even stick together to play the next game.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,202
    Originally Posted by GRAW2ROBZ Go to original post
    I think its all in the luck of joining a server to get a different map. Since most of the time everyone leaves the server for a new match after match is over. Very seldom winners even stick together to play the next game.
    With the ranked map pool at 12, it definitely does increase the chances of players getting a map more than once in on Ranked play session. Last night I played with a few friends and got Bank twice, so I completely understand what that feels like.
    Share this post