Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

59 89.39%
  • No.

1 1.52%
  • No need to buy it if you have AC2.

6 9.09%
    I've played AC2, but not the first one and I am considering buying it. Is it good compared to AC2? Or just way worse, like they don't even compare to each other. Please answer these few question.

DexLuther's Avatar Senior Member
    The graphics of both games are similar. AC2 is slightly better though because the scenery varies more than in the first.

Both stories are pretty long. Since AC2 continues the story of AC1, I'd definitely suggest playing both.

Neither really have much replay value after you've completed the story. They are similar to GTA in this regard. There's nothing to do except go around killing people or finding secrets/treasure you missed while doing the story. AC2 loses a point over AC1 though because there's no way to go back and re-do missions you might have enjoyed, rushed through, or completely missed because you let someone else play.

AC1 doesn't have different weapons/armor. At least not in the sense that AC2 does. In AC1 you gain access to a few weapons. You get throwing knives, a short sword, and long sword, the hidden blade, and of course your fists. AC2 has a few more options when it comes to weapons.

Neither game has much choice when it comes to armor/clothing. In AC2 you gain a few capes that have a somewhat useful effect. You can of course dye your clothes for some pure visual preference. The choices of armor are somewhat disappointing though. They improve in a linear fashion, so there's no reason not to upgrade the pieces as they become available. You also can't mix and match armor pieces. Unless you wait and buy ONLY the pieces you want to mix together as they become available. After that, the only way to switch armor is by switching complete sets. However, even after unlocking the best armor in the game (the Altair armor), I still put on the Missagilias set just because I preferred the look (I can't dye the Altair set). Gives me less protection, but counters and a bag full of health potions balances that out.

They both have a huge amount of playable map. Both have huge cities. AC1 also has the huge Kingdom. It's kind of vast and pointless though.

AC1 and AC2 are fun to play. If you've already played AC2, you might find the lack of the choice of weapons you're used to in AC2 a little dull in AC1 though. AC1 is definitely worth playing for getting the complete story of the Assassin's Creed saga.

AC2 has a better draw-distance and it has more variety in missons. It provides more fun in my opinion also because the setting was (for me) recognisable (Venice, Florence etc... ). Also the variety of weapons provides more fun in AC2 in my opinion. AC1 was good, but AC2 is better (like it's supposed to be )

M-dahaka's Avatar Senior Member
    Haven't played both of them at full graphics, but AC2 is deff slightly better, and has more variaty.

Story-wise, they're about the same lenght, but AC2 has much more variaty. AC1 is pretty straight forward, and it gets old after a few assassinations, but still, it's fun messing around with the possibilities of how to assassinate a target.

The third one is tricky. I had more fun replaying AC2 then AC1, but to replay 1 mission in AC2, you have to start a new game, so this point goes to AC1 in my oppinion. As for the side-missions, AC2 has more variaty in them.

AC2 deff has more choice of weapons, not much to say about that. AC1 has the basics, but you get the upgrades as you progress.

They're both pretty big actually. AC2 has 3 smaller cities and 2 really big ones, but AC has the kingdom and 3 big cities, + masyaf. I'd say they're just as big total.

They're both fun to play, and AC1 is much cheaper nowadays, so it's deff worth buying it.

Originally posted by M-dahaka:
    Haven't played both of them at full graphics, but AC2 is deff slightly better, and has more variaty.

Story-wise, they're about the same lenght, but AC2 has much more variaty. AC1 is pretty straight forward, and it gets old after a few assassinations, but still, it's fun messing around with the possibilities of how to assassinate a target.

The third one is tricky. I had more fun replaying AC2 then AC1, but to replay 1 mission in AC2, you have to start a new game, so this point goes to AC1 in my oppinion. As for the side-missions, AC2 has more variaty in them.

AC2 deff has more choice of weapons, not much to say about that. AC1 has the basics, but you get the upgrades as you progress.

They're both pretty big actually. AC2 has 3 smaller cities and 2 really big ones, but AC has the kingdom and 3 big cities, + masyaf. I'd say they're just as big total.

They're both fun to play, and AC1 is much cheaper nowadays, so it's deff worth buying it.
    Thanks!!

G684's Avatar Junior Member
    ASSASSINS CREED 1 AND 2 ARE SO FREAKING COOL BUT I THING NUBER 2 IS BEAST SO I GOING WITH NUBER 2

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally posted by G684:
    ASSASSINS CREED 1 AND 2 ARE SO FREAKING COOL BUT I THING NUBER 2 IS BEAST SO I GOING WITH NUBER 2
    Hello and welcome to the Forums. Please don't post in all CAPS as it is considered shouting and against the Forum Rules.
    Thanks

@ oOSilentPwnOo-
    You should look here to see more ways of comparison.

AC1 better than AC2

Okay, thanks Widow.