Originally Posted by adstaylor77 Go to original post
    knausis -- Are you sure...I think you are ref cache in the next sewer over...where you shoot the lock off.
    maybe i am thinking the wrong sewer, i simply remember 1 sewer where i had trouble to get SHD and had to run around till i got to it.

Ra1dM4X's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by CarentMarlo209 Go to original post
    Originally Posted by Boofus_Outlaw Go to original post
    Hi all. Okay I got it, and I thought I was well and truly screwed (short of getting into a friend's session).

I ran into it the problem yesterday. Long story short, I could not get it yesterday afternoon, but when I tried again just now, all had reset and I was able to get it. This is what I did.

1 - Went into the manhole next to that hand sculpture thing. I don't know if that matters but just be sure to go in that way, as I've seen other posts saying that it makes a difference.

2 - Went into that first door (that goes into the room with the lootable lockers, etc.)...which was now once again closed (if it's already open when you get there, forget it...you have to wait 12 hours or overnight or whatever to let it reset). Didn't loot anything and went straight to second door with the window. Shot the fuse box through window to open it.

3 - In next room, there were a few guys, killed them.

Now, at this point, look at the key box to the left of the door that goes back out into the sewer. If that is reset and closed, you are golden. If it's already open, you need to come back tomorrow.
    Assuming it's closed, DON'T LOOT IT YET!

4 - Go out into the sewer. You'll hear the flamethrower boss. Kill him. He will probably drop a gun but no key. Loot him. Now go back to the key box that you didn't loot. Loot it and you should get the utility key, along with possibly another faction key. Now go to the SHD cache door and it should open.

I thought that I was totally screwed because, weeks ago when I was first down here, I looted that key box *through the wall* while I was in the sewer...without having yet found that secret door into the locker room. I had gotten a Rikers key and then used it...so that's why I figured that I had totally broken the script. But, thankfully, when I tried it this morning, all the doors were closed again AND the key box was closed. That is the key (no pun intended). You have to be starting from scratch, meaning all the doors are closed AND the key box is closed.

It's possible for the doors to reset to closed, but the key box still hasn't...this is what I was getting yesterday. That means that you just need to wait longer. Just play something else for a day and then you should be okay.

I hope that this is the only SHD like this...I appreciate what Massive is trying to do in mixing it up, but they just got a little too fancy this time.

Bottom line though, you are not screwed if you haven't gotten it yet. It's an annoying sequence for sure, but you can and will get the SHD. Good luck Agents!

This works
    This works i did this today and finally got the last SHD tech cache from civic center

Same issue for me, clearly this hasn't yet been resolved. It's quite possible I looted the box through the wall in a prior visit through the sewer, which messed up my game as well. Now when I go though into the second room, the key box is already open, and the elite never drops a keycard.

What's the workaround? Just wait? Join another player's session?

sewer door bugged

sorry, ubisoft's i think i have the issue about all play might have the same issue also, i already did everything about to unlock SHD tech but it seen doesn't work well ( 2rd box under sewer SHD tech) i dont have getting any key dropped from elite or somehow i got stucking here right now , hopefully ubisoft can solve this problem and case on it as soon as possible , the door can't even unlock while i do the reseached on google. Or u can give the tips how can i unlock the door as well ?

Ubi-Redbeard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for the updates on this, folks.

Does the issue still occur when joining another players session?

Is anyone able to provide is with a video of this issue?

Really Ubisoft? You guys still haven't fixed this bug yet? I am saying this because I got this bug today and it's mother freaking December of 2020!!!!!!

I still have this bug. The keybox is empty and the mini-boss, if he spawns, doesn't drop the key. Tried at least five times

Edit: The key spawned after a few restarts

Can confirm that the issue isn't fixed too.

I have just opened the door with the key on a HC character, the big guy doesn't drop a key, but there is a loot area in the same undreground where you can find a keybox on the wall near a door that's locked from the inside, that box gave me the key to open it.

still happening I will see if I cant get video and share

Originally Posted by Ubi-Redbeard Go to original post
    Thanks for the updates on this, folks.

Does the issue still occur when joining another players session?

Is anyone able to provide is with a video of this issue?
    yes I knew it would happen again, I just re-ran this just now and here is video of it happening, big guy does not drop a key and the case in the sewer does not give me a key to open the door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4l_pzTwFeM

Sooo... Since this bug was reported at least 9 months ago

And since it seems to be something the devs are unable or unwilling to fix (since it has been a reported issue for over 9 months with no fix)

Perhaps the devs could simply set the door to the cache to not be locked at all?
     1 people found this helpful

I had to join a friends game and then I let him open the box on the wall and it dropped the key to open the door.

well we are today January 5th 2021 and i can confirm that this bug asen'T been fixed yet since it happen to me today, tryed like 7 or 8 times with no success, i still have to try to not open the key box next to the door and kill the flamethrower boss and then come back at the key box to see if it works,

i'll keep you guys informed if that strategy works or not even now.

So here i am again January 6th 2021, i went back to try to get this key for the SHD Tech cache in the sewer in Civic Center, i tryed the strategy of killing the Flamethrower boss without looting anything previously and guess what?,,,it worked, i went back in the room where you shoot the lock on the door to open that key box inside the room next to that door and it fell on the ground when i opened it, so the way to go to get the key is open the 1st door, shoot the electrical box so thta the next door opens, then run towards next door, shoot the lockand open the door, run towards the door you need to open and you'll meet with that flamethrower boss, kill him come back to that room where you shot the lock previously and open the key box next to that door inside and you'll get the storage Key for the SHD Tech Cache

Hope it helps people out getting pass that point and carry on with what you guys were up too.

Have a good one everyone!.

Yes this worked for me too.

-Blew open the 1st door and electrical box
    -Blew open 2nd door
    -Killed the big guy
    -Went back through 1st door
    -Loot the wall panel box next to 2nd door

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by DarthVader0090 Go to original post
    So here i am again January 6th 2021, i went back to try to get this key for the SHD Tech cache in the sewer in Civic Center, i tryed the strategy of killing the Flamethrower boss without looting anything previously and guess what?,,,it worked, i went back in the room where you shoot the lock on the door to open that key box inside the room next to that door and it fell on the ground when i opened it, so the way to go to get the key is open the 1st door, shoot the electrical box so thta the next door opens, then run towards next door, shoot the lockand open the door, run towards the door you need to open and you'll meet with that flamethrower boss, kill him come back to that room where you shot the lock previously and open the key box next to that door inside and you'll get the storage Key for the SHD Tech Cache

Hope it helps people out getting pass that point and carry on with what you guys were up too.

Have a good one everyone!.
    Thank you for sharing this, @DarthVader0090!

Still Bugged

I have tried to do something similar, follow these same steps however the lockbox doesn't reset. I had glitched through on the other side of the wall inadvertently and collected the key, now the lockbox will not reset to a closed state. I fast travel, exit to the title screen tried several things but it doesn't seem to work. I will shoot the power box, the locked door then kill the heavy but he doesn't drop a key, and the box doesn't. I am a stubborn completionist so this is kind of bugging me. Any help would be very welcome.

Can confirm the key is not respawning for me either.

How I got to this point.

1. Originally looted the key box through the closed door. (EIther that didn't give me the key or I didn't try the SHD tech door at the time)
    2. Went around, discovered the openable door you're supposed to get in through. Shot the power box. But the key box is already opened.
    3. Kill the Flamethrower guy - no key.
    4. Going back up key box is still opened and empty.

Now after logging out and back in the doors, power box and boss reset, but not the key box or the key. Tried 2-3 times.
    Given garth813 has the same thing, the issue currently seems to happen when looting the key box through the door/wall.

ok first of all with this bug, the problem is looting the box from the door... if you do so you will have a normal key and not the key you need to get to the shd... So if you looted the key through the door and not when you were in front, you have to wait the next day for the key box to reset... I did this on my 3 other toon this week and its working fine... just dont take the key through the door ...

Hope I explain it good... sorry not my main language... But ya its a bug, it need to be resolved... but there is a way to go around like i explain ...

The big flamethrower guy doesn't give the key its the box that give it now... just dont loot it through the door... If you look at old videos its been changed...

Have a good one!!

Still bugging

This is still an issue. I am currently stuck there.

yes its stile an issue indeed... so wait for tomorow and redo the thing without taking the key from the other side of the door... make sure your inside in front of the box... you have to shot in a windowed door a yellow box to have access straight to this yellow key...

Originally Posted by LucNukem73 Go to original post
    ok first of all with this bug, the problem is looting the box from the door... if you do so you will have a normal key and not the key you need to get to the shd... So if you looted the key through the door and not when you were in front, you have to wait the next day for the key box to reset... I did this on my 3 other toon this week and its working fine... just dont take the key through the door ...

Hope I explain it good... sorry not my main language... But ya its a bug, it need to be resolved... but there is a way to go around like i explain ...

The big flamethrower guy doesn't give the key its the box that give it now... just dont loot it through the door... If you look at old videos its been changed...

Have a good one!!
    Just coming back to say that this is exactly right.

Just go again after daily reset and don't loot through the door but go around the way you're supposed to .
     1 people found this helpful

dexsk's Avatar Junior Member
    it's now february 2021 and this bug has still not been fixed

its not fixed but i wrote a work around to this bug... have you read it?

There is a key box on the wall in the room where you have to shoot the electrical box to get in. That's where I got the utility key.

Utility Door issue with elite not dropping key after bugging

What you need to do is get the elite that appears after you blast the yellow electricity box in the upper utility rooms to redrop the key, maybe have it so it drops it every 3rd attempt or something when you kill him, to help get at the cache or put a yellow lock on the door to fix the glitch.

No the big elite dont drop the key anymore for your information... You must get to the door with windows, shoot the yellow box and then you can open the door to get the key from the box, if the box is already open its because you opened the box across the door, that way it wont work, you must wait the day after for the box to reset and then do this again...

NY Civic Center - Sewer SHD Tech Cache Bug

The Key doesn't drop for me. I'm can't access the room where the SHD Tech Cache is located.

I'm doing the Civic Center last and encountered this problem. Key wouldn't drop from the Elite armored enemy with the flamethrower, never has in the two attempts I've done this