All the usual stuff. Verifying files, changing settings from game and GPU's control panel, etc.
    Otherwise, latest drivers and so on.
    Also, no problems on other games and the last time I played it, it was fine.
    Now unplayable.

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by MSuomi Go to original post
    All the usual stuff. Verifying files, changing settings from game and GPU's control panel, etc.
    Otherwise, latest drivers and so on.
    Also, no problems on other games and the last time I played it, it was fine.
    Now unplayable.
    Thanks for the update!

This is currently still under investigation by our game team, however by completing these steps you have eliminated any other cause of the issue that there may be.

We do apologise about the inconvenience this is causing in the meantime, and as soon as we have some more information, details will be posted here, in our official forums, therefore keep an eye!

snq.'s Avatar Junior Member
    I am still getting stutters after the latest update. Not several second long hangs but up to maybe half a second, and it still happens several times per run. Seems to get a bit more frequent over time but not 100% sure about that. Basically the update hasn't changed anything for me :/
    I've tested all possible in game video settings and it never stops. Tested 2 different graphics cards (RTX2080 and GTX1080) and it's the same on both.

Interesting is that I get the same kind of small stutters in Trials Fusion as well, but all other games run fine.

Ryzen 3950X, 32GB, Win10 pro.

I recorded some footage of what's happening here..
    There's 2 larger stutters, one at 10.083 on the run timer, and one at 11.716. Slow motion versions of the stutters included if it helps analyze things.

During the stutter the timer doesn't update either, which I guess is expected. But right after the stutter, I kind of expected the counter to jump more than the usual 16/17 ms, except it doesn't. The stutter at 11.716 is 150 ms long, but the timer doesn't jump 150 ms, seems strange? It also seems to drop some frames after the stutters, running at 30 fps for a couple of frames until it's back to 60.

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey snq.,

Thank you reaching out to us and I am sorry to hear about this.

I have forwarded the details you've provided to our game team accordingly.

As it stands, we do not have any update on this at the moment, however as suggested earlier, as soon as we do, details will be posted in our official forums.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime and should you have any questions, let us know!

Thanks Karl.
    If this helps at all, I've played Trials Evo (Steam) all night without a single stutter so at least it's not happening in all Trials games. But obviously would prefer not having to settle for playing Evo

Ubi-Spud's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by snq. Go to original post
    Thanks Karl.
    If this helps at all, I've played Trials Evo (Steam) all night without a single stutter so at least it's not happening in all Trials games. But obviously would prefer not having to settle for playing Evo
    Understandable! Thanks for the update, and thanks once again for your patience.

I should add that for me the 1 second freezes no longer happen but I do now get brief stutters every so often (about twice as often as the freezes were happening) and they seem to spin up the hard drive when they happen.

Ubi-Orion's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by MadMotoMan Go to original post
    I should add that for me the 1 second freezes no longer happen but I do now get brief stutters every so often (about twice as often as the freezes were happening) and they seem to spin up the hard drive when they happen.
    I see. Do you have another drive you could install it to for testing purposes?

It's not the drive. When the freezes were happening they also were accessing the hard drive. Plus this is happening to enough people that I don't think that's the issue.
    I'm guessing something is being written when these stutters occur. The game is still playable for the most part for me so I'm not that concerned about it but it's probably something that should eventually be fixed. Oh, also don't think it's the drive because this only happens when I'm online.

BTW - this was not happening on my game before the last update and kinda seems to have replaced the freezes with a little stutter.
    Also, (and I can start another topic for this but) my game crashes everytime I quit out of it lately now and I've had several crashes from within the editor but haven't created a topic yet for this until I have a little more info to report with it and eliminate a few possibilities (like creating a new track to work on).