KritykalEffekt's Avatar Member

RANT TIME!!! Traffic in Freeroam....Ubi, if you can't fix AI, remove it.

I don't even have to explain. Most of us are aware and I'm sure the devs are aware. I used to see the same thing back when I was playing NFS World. It's obvious that SOMETHING was attempted on a small scale because traffic does behavior differently now...it's more erratic, piles up at intersections, drives down the median instead of to one side,etc. I use freeroam to practice, sometimes to just enjoy a vehicle won in a Summit or maybe an oldie that I just want to dust off and take the scenic route. I can't seem to do that anymore because something somewhere is lurking around a blind corner, piled up at an intersection, lane switching for no apparent reason, giving birth to ten buses at a time, etc.

Most of our vehicles barely fit on one side of the road and since Crew 1, it is now impossible to squeeze a relatively wide car at 200+ mph between 2 buses or even cars with the lack of space left to navigate. You might a well just put a plow on the Bugatti.

JUST GET RID OF IT ALREADY!!

it's become obvious to the entire community that the Devs aren't capable of getting this one right...take the loss and walk away. It's not a challenge, it's a fact. Let us just enjoy freeroam the way it was intended!

2 people found this helpful

DatWut's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    Originally Posted by KritykalEffekt Go to original post
    Let us just enjoy freeroam the way it was intended!
    So... with traffic?

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    There is a ton of issues with traffic drivers. They seem drunk most of the time. But removing traffic from freeroam is no solution at all and should never be done.

Originally Posted by DatWut Go to original post
    So... with traffic?
    That's not traffic... That's chaos and mediocrity.

Note: As intended, it's just a rant post. We all know nothing will happen and aside from more Summits and the occasional introduction of a new vehicle/vanity, TC2 will stay status quo. You know. like a small town in the middle of nowhere where nothing...ever....happens and everybody knows everybody.

Originally Posted by Anykeyer Go to original post
    There is a ton of issues with traffic drivers. They seem drunk most of the time. But removing traffic from freeroam is no solution at all and should never be done.
    I disagree...

1 people found this helpful

Gridlock exists IRL so...

In no reality does it make sense to have a cruising game without traffic. Remove it from Summit skills and events sure, but not from the whole game!
     1 people found this helpful

what do u mean they can't fix it easily, they easily messed the ai last major update, all they need to do is put it back to the previous settings, wasn't great but much better than currently. now in pve races the ai are even going the wrong way on off ramps. what is that nonsense? they speed up just to get in your way and even do donuts right in front of you if they just don't plain stop in the middle of the road. i would also like to know why the AI traffic stops for ghosted players, once I counted over 20 cars stopped behind when I got back from break, why are they stopping at all. the traffic in the events needs to be fixed so that it is at least the same density each race, how is one supposed to compete with racers who got lucky and had no traffic what so ever? I played nfs world as well, a lot of good race standings and for a free game, I couldn't complain too much about the traffic, at least you could squeeze between adjacent cars and weave the others, I think the depth of field was better too, with this game it seems the cars on the left are closer to the centerline so you can't zip between. still a good time waster though frustrating with the lousy weather and traffic though

They just need to lower traffic, not remove it entirely. It's very random and you can see how much of a cluster it is when doing speed traps. Some runs not traffic, others it's rush hour.