Laz_Pistolaz's Avatar Junior Member

The Problem With The Muzzle Brake

I have played a vast number of FPS games though console and PC. and I have learned what makes a game great. I have been playing Siege for some period now. It is growing to be my preferred FPS game but, several small mistakes make the game the worst.
    The purpose I am here though is to address the hiding stat in the game, centering time. Centering time is what settles the gun centered back to its initial position before it was fired. Nothing new. It has been in many games.
    Every game that has ever had centering time. Every gun had the same center time. It made sense, and it was game logic that kept the player familiar with all the weapons and gadgets in the game. So this is one of those game mechanics you don't play with. It is like if you got a distinct sensitivity on different weapons.
    So what weapons have a different center time? It is not the guns, it is the muzzles.

None: default center time
    Suppressor: default center time
    Flash Hider: -30% center time
    Compensator: default center time
    Muzzle Brake: -45% center time
    Extended Barrel: default center time

If someone likes the Muzzle Brake centering time and prizes the SMG-11. You're stuck adjusting to a flash hider instead because the game doesn't have a muzzle brake for a decent amount of weapons. Do you now realize how this can throw someone off and get frustrated? Just because the game didn't tell him/her that different muzzles have different center times. If you don't believe it is that big of a deal. Go to T-Hunt with an ACOG, and fire with and without a muzzle brake. Your shots will not stay consistent. If this game wants to save the new players and make the game competitive scene bigger. I recommend that all guns and muzzles get the default center time. Thanks for hearing me out.
     1 people found this helpful

Yeah you'e definitely right, the game is not consistent at all when it comes to weapon modifications. Unfortunately, it's an issue that has been going on for years and it seems that it's very low on their priority list unfortunately.

On a side note, if you have issues managing with long-range shots, i advice you to change your aspect ratio to 4:3 and use an holo sight instead. If you calibrate your FoV right, your holo sight will be just as good as ACOG but with less recoil since it's a 1x sight.

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Attachments certainly feel very static in this game, in the sense that most character have a single meta loudout that kinda makes others not really relevant
     2 people found this helpful

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you are saying.

Centering time is the time it takes a weapon to settle back to center before it was fired?

@Birddog6424

Yes, that is exactly what that is.

Centering time is what settles the gun centered back to its initial position before it was fired.
    Originally Posted by Laz_Pistolaz Go to original post
    Yes, that is exactly what that is.
    That doesnt make sense. Isnt that ADS, the time it takes to center before firing? If the weapon hasnt been fired, then what does the muzzle brake have to do with it?

Or are you guys meaning AFTER firing. The time it takes to return to center from recoil? Re-reading it, I'm pretty sure that's what our OP is trying to say, just not sorting out how he's saying it.

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Birddog6424 Go to original post
    That doesnt make sense. Isnt that ADS, the time it takes to center before firing? If the weapon hasnt been fired, then what does the muzzle brake have to do with it?

Or are you guys meaning AFTER firing. The time it takes to return to center from recoil? Re-reading it, I'm pretty sure that's what our OP is trying to say, just not sorting out how he's saying it.
    Time for the weapon to go back to neutral position after firing, so you can take 3 barrel attachments with minor pros and maybe few cons (supressor), or take 1 of the mod that has multiple bonus (flash hider) maybe even take the one that gives you huge boosts (muzzle break). Which one do you think it's the most popular then? the one with less benefits or the one with the most benefits that are all afree
     2 people found this helpful

If you need help understanding it a bit more watch this video and start it at 5:57
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw84aFDN2Cw

This may seem like a small topic to be picked at, but if all muzzles have the same center time. The Silencer and Extended Barrel will have more use.

Good video. Definitely explains it.