Well I've had my Logitech stick for a while and it's still holding up nicely, but it seems to have collected palm sweat from many a dogfight and it just feels gunky and sticks to my hand too much to be comfortable.

What do you guys propose? I've tried hot water and Forumula 409 but it doesn't get rid of the gunky feeling.

Well I've had my Logitech stick for a while and it's still holding up nicely, but it seems to have collected palm sweat from many a dogfight and it just feels gunky and sticks to my hand too much to be comfortable.

What do you guys propose? I've tried hot water and Forumula 409 but it doesn't get rid of the gunky feeling.

metho worked for me

Metho? What's that?

AndyJWest's Avatar Senior Member
    I wouldn't use anything stronger than water with a little washing-up liquid in it, applied with a cloth. try not to get water inside, and leave it in a warm place afterwards for a few hours before using it so if any water has got in it will have dried out.

Don't use ANY solvents. Even if they don't react with the external plastic parts, there is no way of knowing if they are safe on whatever is inside.

methylated spirits

perhaps aka isopropyl alcohol

Andy does have a point, but my logitech stick didn't mind the alcohol. I'd avoid using alcohol on most transparent polymer surfaces, however.

Ok, that would be rubbing alcohol as we call it in the US. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

My personal choice is surgical spirit. The important part is not to overdo the application, i.e. don't splash it on, and don't use any solvents that can harm the surface of the plastic. I would avoid water on anything to do with electricity. Any dampness inside a joystick can cause irreparable damage to the printed-circuit-boards through delamination. Surgical spirit won't do any damage as long as you use it sparingly.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
    Ok, that would be rubbing alcohol as we call it in the US. Thanks, I'll give it a try. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rubbing alcohol has a little mineral oil mixed in it.. I use glass cleaner... on a damp cloth..

Make sure to dry it with a clean cloth after cleaning.
    Many rubber types dissolve in alcohol if exposed for a prolonged period to it.