1. #11
    Originally Posted by Temdee. Go to original post
    When I was at 4800 I was able to play with 3600s, so I'm quite sure.

    It doesn't defeat the purpose of the system. When you play at 4800 mmr, you're still playing against plats. You've reached the end of the road, there are no more people to compete against. There are no "all champ matches" because the queue times at high diamond/champ is half an hour, if you even find a game.


    The game has some 50 million players and what you're talking about will only ever be noticed by a couple thousand people. The system is well implemented.

    The point you're missing is that because their team elo is higher than yours, they'll only gain a few points for a win, whereas you would gain significantly more on that same win.
    How does it not defeat the system.......... the entire purpose of the system was to stop High rank players from playing with low/mid rank players and getting in low/mid rank lobbies and 'boosting there MMR' I mean a champion who is at 5000+ is able to play with someone who is 2000 MMR lower than him..........

    why are they treated differently than players below Diamond......... tell me that

    why are they the only ones able to bypass that system, that was set in place TO PREVENT high rank players from doing exactly this


    You may not be able to answer those questions above, but I would prefer a moderator to respond because I feel like yet again high rank players are getting it too easy when they can pull this crap.

    If a Champion at 6000+ MMR currently the ones at the very top are going to be viewed as 4500 MMR players and can queue with a 3500 MMR plat 3 player, they are literally playing with mid rank players and are being brought down into plat2/3 lobbies which I'm sorry to say but Champion is suppose to be the upper echelon of ranked but if they can yet again abuse the system for there own benefit what is the actual point of the system........ the system was there to protect against this, how is it fair a plat 2/3 can play against champions who are suppose to be the 'best players' and typically are populated by the 'pro' players or some.

    No matter how you slice it, thats abusing the MM system.

    Word for word it literally states you cannot have a gap greater than 1000 MMR, im sorry but either they lied or somehow missed out a crucial piece of information on those patch notes. hence I want concrete clarification on this system
    Share this post

  2. #12
    Originally Posted by GoWokeGoBroke Go to original post
    How does it not defeat the system.......... the entire purpose of the system was to stop High rank players from playing with low/mid rank players and getting in low/mid rank lobbies and 'boosting there MMR' I mean a champion who is at 5000+ is able to play with someone who is 2000 MMR lower than him..........

    why are they treated differently than players below Diamond......... tell me that

    why are they the only ones able to bypass that system, that was set in place TO PREVENT high rank players from doing exactly this


    You may not be able to answer those questions above, but I would prefer a moderator to respond because I feel like yet again high rank players are getting it too easy when they can pull this crap.

    If a Champion at 6000+ MMR currently the ones at the very top are going to be viewed as 4500 MMR players and can queue with a 3500 MMR plat 3 player, they are literally playing with mid rank players and are being brought down into plat2/3 lobbies which I'm sorry to say but Champion is suppose to be the upper echelon of ranked but if they can yet again abuse the system for there own benefit what is the actual point of the system........ the system was there to protect against this, how is it fair a plat 2/3 can play against champions who are suppose to be the 'best players' and typically are populated by the 'pro' players or some.

    No matter how you slice it, thats abusing the MM system.

    Word for word it literally states you cannot have a gap greater than 1000 MMR, im sorry but either they lied or somehow missed out a crucial piece of information on those patch notes. hence I want concrete clarification on this system
    Because a 6,000 mmr player playing with a 4,000 mmr player isn't a high rank player playing with a mid or low rank player. A 4,000 mmr player is already a top 2% player. It isn't changing who they're playing with, what do you want, for champions to just not be able to play the game at all?

    "playing with mid rank players"

    A mid rank player is a silver 1, not a plat 3 almost plat 2.

    What a silly argument.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #13
    Originally Posted by Temdee. Go to original post
    Because a 6,000 mmr player playing with a 4,000 mmr player isn't a high rank player playing with a mid or low rank player. A 4,000 mmr player is already a top 2% player. It isn't changing who they're playing with, what do you want, for champions to just not be able to play the game at all?

    "playing with mid rank players"

    A mid rank player is a silver 1, not a plat 3 almost plat 2.

    What a silly argument.
    That is why they brought the restriction in place........ to stop the unfair MM system and stop it from being abused, so your ok with a champion player between 5000-6000+MMR is allowed to queue with easily a Plat 3 (3500MMR player) whos skill gap alone would not even be in the same league/comparison to even make that objective comparison

    Lets not forget thanks the recent changes to the ranks being 'spread out' Plat 3 is basically what Gold 1-2 was prior to them 'expanded' the ranks out, Plat 3 and Plat 2 are not what they use to be and have become 'easier' to obtain.

    A mid rank player is objective based on your current standing in rank..... if your at the top rank (champion 5000 MMR+) then your mid rank would be gold 3. the entire rank pool is 5000 MMR to reach start of Champion......... if a champion can skip 2500 MMR that is by definition 'middle' of the pool

    Considering a 6000 MMR can jump 2500 MMR he is literally playing a team one rank above the middle which is plat, start of gold is now the new middle.

    Just like if I was on 2500 MMR the middle of my 'rank pool' would be 1200-1300 MMR from highest (my rank) to lowest....... middle is silver/gold if your at 5000 MMR, but if your higher than 5000 MMR your still skipping 2000-2500+ MMR which would place you one rank 'tier' above middle, not exactly special considering as mentioned Plat 3 is the new Gold 1-2 in terms of skill/communication.

    And you still did not answer my question:
    why are players over 4500 MMR treated different to players below 4500 MMR in regards to the restriction.......

    Especially when the restrictions word for word state 'you cannot have a gap higher than 1000 MMR between the highest and lowest rank' literally zero mention of '4500 MMR or higher is treated as 4500 MMR'

    And sorry to burst your bubble, but taking at look at your account stats its clear why your OK with this system. your diamond ranks are literally the definition of being carried when on average your ranked KD is borderline 'low' not saying your bad but compared to many champions/diamonds I've seen/played and a few players i know your borderline on the low spectrum of a 'good player' its players like you that abuse the system for your own gain and your account proves it
    Share this post

  4. #14
    Originally Posted by GoWokeGoBroke Go to original post
    what I want confirmation on is if anything past 4500 MMR is counted/viewed as 4500 and why as it defeats the entire purpose of the system.

    3400 would be limited to 4400 and 3500 would be limited to 4500 due to restrictions in place but is 3600 limited to 4600 or is it unrestricted after 4500
    Incorrect. Anybody over or at 3400 MMR can play with anybody. /thread
    Share this post

  5. #15
    Originally Posted by GoWokeGoBroke Go to original post
    That is why they brought the restriction in place........ to stop the unfair MM system and stop it from being abused, so your ok with a champion player between 5000-6000+MMR is allowed to queue with easily a Plat 3 (3500MMR player) whos skill gap alone would not even be in the same league/comparison to even make that objective comparison

    Lets not forget thanks the recent changes to the ranks being 'spread out' Plat 3 is basically what Gold 1-2 was prior to them 'expanded' the ranks out, Plat 3 and Plat 2 are not what they use to be and have become 'easier' to obtain.

    A mid rank player is objective based on your current standing in rank..... if your at the top rank (champion 5000 MMR+) then your mid rank would be gold 3. the entire rank pool is 5000 MMR to reach start of Champion......... if a champion can skip 2500 MMR that is by definition 'middle' of the pool

    Considering a 6000 MMR can jump 2500 MMR he is literally playing a team one rank above the middle which is plat, start of gold is now the new middle.

    Just like if I was on 2500 MMR the middle of my 'rank pool' would be 1200-1300 MMR from highest (my rank) to lowest....... middle is silver/gold if your at 5000 MMR, but if your higher than 5000 MMR your still skipping 2000-2500+ MMR which would place you one rank 'tier' above middle, not exactly special considering as mentioned Plat 3 is the new Gold 1-2 in terms of skill/communication.

    And you still did not answer my question:
    why are players over 4500 MMR treated different to players below 4500 MMR in regards to the restriction.......

    Especially when the restrictions word for word state 'you cannot have a gap higher than 1000 MMR between the highest and lowest rank' literally zero mention of '4500 MMR or higher is treated as 4500 MMR'

    And sorry to burst your bubble, but taking at look at your account stats its clear why your OK with this system. your diamond ranks are literally the definition of being carried when on average your ranked KD is borderline 'low' not saying your bad but compared to many champions/diamonds I've seen/played and a few players i know your borderline on the low spectrum of a 'good player' its players like you that abuse the system for your own gain and your account proves it

    I did answer your question, it's because they wouldn't even be able to play the game otherwise.

    As for personally attacking my stats, it shows why you aren't a strong player. First, I barely play any ranked as is, I play ten mans where the community largely knows me as one of the more competitive players.

    The role on my TEAM, because it is a TEAM based game, is to formulate the strategies, team composition, plant the defuser, hard anchor, and monitor cameras. It seems the players on my team, some of which are in pro league, are more than happy to have me because we've been together for years, and they trust my decisions as the IGL. Of the few ranked matches we play, we win something like 85% of them, quite easily at that.

    Just looking at your stats, I can already see the type of player you are. Blackbeard/doc main characters this season. I can tell by your character selection that you lack teamwork, communication, and coordination. In comparison, I almost exclusively play Gridlock and Maestro. Who do you think offers more utility to their team?


    You ever wanna do a ten man, just lemme know, and we'll have some fun, see where you're at. If you spent your time mastering the craft, instead of belittling people on the forums and complaining about a system that largely works, perhaps you'd be a diamond as well.
    Share this post

  6. #16
    Originally Posted by Temdee. Go to original post
    I did answer your question, it's because they wouldn't even be able to play the game otherwise.

    As for personally attacking my stats, it shows why you aren't a strong player. First, I barely play any ranked as is, I play ten mans where the community largely knows me as one of the more competitive players.

    The role on my TEAM, because it is a TEAM based game, is to formulate the strategies, team composition, plant the defuser, hard anchor, and monitor cameras. It seems the players on my team, some of which are in pro league, are more than happy to have me because we've been together for years, and they trust my decisions as the IGL. Of the few ranked matches we play, we win something like 85% of them, quite easily at that.

    Just looking at your stats, I can already see the type of player you are. Blackbeard/doc main characters this season. I can tell by your character selection that you lack teamwork, communication, and coordination. In comparison, I almost exclusively play Gridlock and Maestro. Who do you think offers more utility to their team?


    You ever wanna do a ten man, just lemme know, and we'll have some fun, see where you're at. If you spent your time mastering the craft, instead of belittling people on the forums and complaining about a system that largely works, perhaps you'd be a diamond as well.
    Side note, 'I may not be a strong player' you just answered your own question, rank is 5 man v 5 man, you typically have 1 maybe 2 top fraggers in a 5 man team with rest being support/roam and can inter change, sorry to burst your bubble but I would be the fragger/support as I can interchange as seen by my operator stats , so me 'not being a strong player' is funny because you talking about team comp literally just explained to yourself that I am a good player thanks for the compliment though.

    Also thanks for chiming in on the fact you dont play ranked all that much because you just proved how little you 'know' of this issue. go play solo ranked often and you will see how bigger this problem is, either way my stats are miles ahead of yours, higher average kills per game, higher KD, higher headshot % higher W/L and I solo queue.......... you play what? 20+ games a season just to get that diamond and you expect people to take your argument seriously when you have little experience in what solo players experience on a daily basis. and I play on average 150+ games a season some seasons I played nearly 600 games.

    The reason your defending this system is because you literally benefit from the same system that I experience on a daily queue basis.

    Oh also that 'alt' account is even funnier, you have played more games on that than you have across 3-4 seasons and you have a 0.7 W/L, its clear by your alt account thats your true 'win rate' and you really expect people to take you seriously when its clear as day, you abuse the system on a regular basis.

    Go play solo ranked for 100 games+ a season then come back and tell me champs should be allowed to 'queue' with 3500 MMR players, I see it all the time.

    Oh also, you might want to look closer, doc/bb are my seasonal with twitch/wamai only 1-2 hours behind play time and still clock 1.4+ KD with both ops, and im bad at team work, yh I guess twitch and wamai must be really bad for team comp and teamwork then hey.

    Originally Posted by BillNyePGuy Go to original post
    Incorrect. Anybody over or at 3400 MMR can play with anybody. /thread
    except thats the issue........ they explicitly state you cannot have a gap greater than 1000 MMR between the highest and lowest. thats the issue I have because they never once mention this ANYWHERE on any of the patch notes or designer notes.

    That still doesnt answer the question, why are they allowed to do this but the mid/lower ranks are capped at 1000 MMR, the system was to stop higher ranks playing with lower ranks but all I see from this 'new' system is lower ranks are getting penalised while higher ranks have much more freedom in the squad restriction.
    Share this post

  7. #17
    UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    14,531
    @GoWokeGoBroke I appreciate you sharing your concern regarding the cap for the higher level players. I have made note of this thread in my report to the team this week to have this looked back into potentially.
    Please refrain from flaming each other's stats, as it is technically off-topic.
    Share this post

  8. #18
    Originally Posted by GoWokeGoBroke Go to original post
    Side note, 'I may not be a strong player' you just answered your own question, rank is 5 man v 5 man, you typically have 1 maybe 2 top fraggers in a 5 man team with rest being support/roam and can inter change, sorry to burst your bubble but I would be the fragger/support as I can interchange as seen by my operator stats , so me 'not being a strong player' is funny because you talking about team comp literally just explained to yourself that I am a good player thanks for the compliment though.

    Also thanks for chiming in on the fact you dont play ranked all that much because you just proved how little you 'know' of this issue. go play solo ranked often and you will see how bigger this problem is, either way my stats are miles ahead of yours, higher average kills per game, higher KD, higher headshot % higher W/L and I solo queue.......... you play what? 20+ games a season just to get that diamond and you expect people to take your argument seriously when you have little experience in what solo players experience on a daily basis. and I play on average 150+ games a season some seasons I played nearly 600 games.

    The reason your defending this system is because you literally benefit from the same system that I experience on a daily queue basis.

    Oh also that 'alt' account is even funnier, you have played more games on that than you have across 3-4 seasons and you have a 0.7 W/L, its clear by your alt account thats your true 'win rate' and you really expect people to take you seriously when its clear as day, you abuse the system on a regular basis.

    Go play solo ranked for 100 games+ a season then come back and tell me champs should be allowed to 'queue' with 3500 MMR players, I see it all the time.

    Oh also, you might want to look closer, doc/bb are my seasonal with twitch/wamai only 1-2 hours behind play time and still clock 1.4+ KD with both ops, and im bad at team work, yh I guess twitch and wamai must be really bad for team comp and teamwork then hey.



    except thats the issue........ they explicitly state you cannot have a gap greater than 1000 MMR between the highest and lowest. thats the issue I have because they never once mention this ANYWHERE on any of the patch notes or designer notes.

    That still doesnt answer the question, why are they allowed to do this but the mid/lower ranks are capped at 1000 MMR, the system was to stop higher ranks playing with lower ranks but all I see from this 'new' system is lower ranks are getting penalised while higher ranks have much more freedom in the squad restriction.


    I wouldn't play solo queue because it's a team based game.

    I use my alt account to train new players, people who have never played the game before.

    Already offered to give you a 10 man scrim, and you completely ignored that.

    Twitch/Wamai are also fraggers. Blackbeard is not a fragger, he's flank watch.

    "Higher w/l" Except I managed to get to your rank in EU, on my main this season, starting at silver 1, in a day. EU is the easiest region as is, and you barely scrape out of platinum 3.

    For the record, on my main I Have a 2.73 k/d with rook, my doc alternative.


    I've seen all there is to see here. You aren't mad about the elo differential, you're mad about the fact that you get stomped by teams because you solo queue, and then blame others for the fact that you solo queue. And I see why you solo queue, no good team would want to deal with you, when all you do is try to explain why you're better than other people who have more success than you.

    Feel free to send me a friend request if you decide you want to scrim.
    Share this post

  9. #19
    N3mB0t's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,863
    i was just now playing some casual... im unranked BTW


    https://pasteboard.co/IWyevW7.png
    Share this post

  10. #20
    Casual is ******, also. I just played a Plat 1, Plat 2, Plat 3, unranked with 1.5 K'/D in ranked and my team, 2 Gold 2 and 3 unranked. Leve 18 and 30. 0,0 Ranked K/D.
    Share this post