Champ with Plat 2..... when bracket is 1000 MMR

So Ubisoft do you mind telling me how a Champ who is currently 5000MMR+ playing with a Plat 2 who at the time was 3800 MMR (check your systems for the record)

Even if this Plat 2 was 3998 MMR he still cannot be playing with a champion in the same squad.

https://imgur.com/a/26Qn6WC

Hes clearly exploiting the MM system as he is outside the MMR restriction.
     1 people found this helpful

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by GoWokeGoBroke Go to original post
    So Ubisoft do you mind telling me how a Champ who is currently 5000MMR+ playing with a Plat 2 who at the time was 3800 MMR (check your systems for the record)

Even if this Plat 2 was 3998 MMR he still cannot be playing with a champion in the same squad.

https://imgur.com/a/26Qn6WC

Hes clearly exploiting the MM system as he is outside the MMR restriction.
    Hm, yeah that is odd. I can attempt to look into how this is possible.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    I believe I can answer this. There's a slight error in the matchmaking this season that I discovered.

Lets just say you are a diamond in EU, and I'm unranked. We theoretically should be able to play together, because I'm unranked.

Problem is, my region is set to North america, and in north america I'm theoretically a silver. As of right now, the game is matchmaking based off the region your config is set to. For us to play together, I would also need to change my region to europe, so the game doesn't recognize that silver NA rank.

Now what I noticed in this is that I could theoretically be a copper in NA, switch that account's region to EU where I'm a plat, and queue for ranked with a plat in NA because the game is recognizing the plat in EU, not the copper in NA on the initial matchmaking query.

From my findings it would allow you to queue, but disband the party immediately thereafter with a matchmaking error. My guess would be that there's away the disbanding, because I've seen a lot of photos of diamonds with coppers lately.

As for this image, I was quite sure that the 1,000 mmr restriction was capped to 4500, meaning a 6,000 can play with a 4,500.

Originally Posted by Temdee. Go to original post
    I believe I can answer this. There's a slight error in the matchmaking this season that I discovered.

Lets just say you are a diamond in EU, and I'm unranked. We theoretically should be able to play together, because I'm unranked.

Problem is, my region is set to North america, and in north america I'm theoretically a silver. As of right now, the game is matchmaking based off the region your config is set to. For us to play together, I would also need to change my region to europe, so the game doesn't recognize that silver NA rank.

Now what I noticed in this is that I could theoretically be a copper in NA, switch that account's region to EU where I'm a plat, and queue for ranked with a plat in NA because the game is recognizing the plat in EU, not the copper in NA on the initial matchmaking query.

From my findings it would allow you to queue, but disband the party immediately thereafter with a matchmaking error. My guess would be that there's away the disbanding, because I've seen a lot of photos of diamonds with coppers lately.

As for this image, I was quite sure that the 1,000 mmr restriction was capped to 4500, meaning a 6,000 can play with a 4,500.
    I can confirm this is not how the restriction works (it does work that way but in the correct way), it goes of the 'lobby leader region' To explain that part better it goes like this.

Player 1 (lobby leader is on EU with MMR of 3500 and NA with 3400)
    Player 2 (invited) currently on NA datacentre with 2500 MMR but currently has 2400 MMR for EU.
    Player 2 invited and has his region changed automatically to EU because lobby leader is EU (I do this all the time with friends from NA/EU)
    Player 2's stats from EU are used as part of the restriction and NA is excluded as this is an entirely different region with different rank/placement games.
    Player 1 and 2 are unable to queue together due to MMR restriction kicking in for both EU MMR values on the accounts in the squad. (3500-2400= 1100 MMR)

However:

Player 2 is lobby leader with 2500 MMR on NA datacentre
    Player 2 invites Player 1 with 3400 MMR on NA even though Player 1 is currently on EU datacentre (his region is changed based on lobby leaders region)
    Player 1 and 2 can queue together because restriction is (2500-3400= 900 MMR) and is using the NA values and excluding EU values.

Regarding the disbanding the party immediately affter, Im not sure how your still even able to queue when the restriction is instantly applied once it sees a 1000MMR+ gap between any player in squad, that would still require the 'ranked playlist' to be un-greyed out in the first place to achieve an instant queue/de-queue

I had this issue many times and we eventually figured it out as to why sometimes we could not queue together with other people I know.

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    I PM'd you a possible method, but would require more investigation on that side I mentioned.

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    As Temdee did point out, the cap is at 4500 MMR, so anything above 4500 MMR is treated as 4500 MMR. This means that anyone with 3500 MMR and above can queue with someone at 4500 MMR.

The Unranked/Ranked queue situation has been something we've reported up to the team to look back into.

Originally Posted by UbiMorning Go to original post
    As Temdee did point out, the cap is at 4500 MMR, so anything above 4500 MMR is treated as 4500 MMR. This means that anyone with 3500 MMR and above can queue with someone at 4500 MMR.

The Unranked/Ranked queue situation has been something we've reported up to the team to look back into.
    Are you sure? because on the patch notes when this was added it specifically states the gap cannot be more than 1000 MMR and lists 2 examples. but does not specify that anyone above 4500 can queue with anyone 'outside the 1000 MMR gap'

taken from the patch notes:

We will be implementing a limit to the MMR gap between party members. There cannot be a bigger gap than 1000 MMR between the players with highest and lowest MMR in the squad in order to play Ranked. Players can check their squad members' MMR in the Side Panel Profile. For players above 4400 MMR (Diamonds), you are able to group with any player above 3400 MMR (Platinum). Players below 1200 MMR can group with players below 2200 MMR.

And as it states players above 4400 can play with anyone above 3400 which makes sense, if your above 3400 so 3500 then you would be 900 in gap to the 4400 (diamond player) im not seeing anything that states you can bypass the gap of 1000 once you hit champion or 4500+

But my problem is not unranked, its that fact a 3800-3998 MMR is playing with a 5000 MMR player which is giving a 1200-1002 MMR difference.

I mean if what is said is true then I feel that needs to be changed ASAP as thats not fair and defeats the purpose of an MMR restriction if top ranked players can bypass this down to 3500 MMR players, so by that logic a champion at rank 1 (5500+) would be able to play with a Plat 2 (2000 MMR difference). that simply defeats the entire purpose of the system. the whole reason the system got added was so diamond could not queue with coppers but all this is doing is introducing a similar 'gap' by almost 2000MMR+ which might as well be the entire rank from silver to copper.

Anybody over 3400 MMR can play with any rank above 4400 MMR. Aka a Plat 3 at 3400 can que up with a Champ. /Thread

Originally Posted by BillNyePGuy Go to original post
    Anybody over 3400 MMR can play with any rank above 4400 MMR. Aka a Plat 3 at 3400 can que up with a Champ. /Thread
    what I want confirmation on is if anything past 4500 MMR is counted/viewed as 4500 and why as it defeats the entire purpose of the system.

3400 would be limited to 4400 and 3500 would be limited to 4500 due to restrictions in place but is 3600 limited to 4600 or is it unrestricted after 4500

Originally Posted by GoWokeGoBroke Go to original post
    what I want confirmation on is if anything past 4500 MMR is counted/viewed as 4500 and why as it defeats the entire purpose of the system.

3400 would be limited to 4400 and 3500 would be limited to 4500 due to restrictions in place but is 3600 limited to 4600 or is it unrestricted after 4500
    When I was at 4800 I was able to play with 3600s, so I'm quite sure.

It doesn't defeat the purpose of the system. When you play at 4800 mmr, you're still playing against plats. You've reached the end of the road, there are no more people to compete against. There are no "all champ matches" because the queue times at high diamond/champ is half an hour, if you even find a game.

The game has some 50 million players and what you're talking about will only ever be noticed by a couple thousand people. The system is well implemented.

The point you're missing is that because their team elo is higher than yours, they'll only gain a few points for a win, whereas you would gain significantly more on that same win.

Siege has issues with proper matchmaking? Well - knock me over with a feather.