UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    The community team is continuing to document ongoing threads about the map rotation system. I'm completely aware of how many of you feel about the current state of Quick Match and the rotation system. I fully understand many of you feel that there should be a distinct feel between Quick Match and Ranked and that not everyone enjoys Ranked. I have no further news on any changes to the system at this time but will be sure to let you know if I have any updates.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by UbiMorning Go to original post
    The community team is continuing to document ongoing threads about the map rotation system. I'm completely aware of how many of you feel about the current state of Quick Match and the rotation system. I fully understand many of you feel that there should be a distinct feel between Quick Match and Ranked and that not everyone enjoys Ranked. I have no further news on any changes to the system at this time but will be sure to let you know if I have any updates.
    You guys told us a long time ago that map rotations are mandatory. Apparently that's not good enough for some. They don't understand that 1+1 does not equal 3 when it comes to this ongoing-never-ending subject.

I mean, you may not be able to just say what needs to be said, and maybe I'm in no position to do it either..but it's worth an infraction to tell everyone that - it's impossible. It's beyond anyone's control. Not gonna happen. Get over it already and cut the Ubi bashing crap. If you guys want to blame the devs for not having the guts to tell us what was coming down the pipe before OP Health then whatever. But they did tell us. So don't go rambling on and on about how Ubi this and Ubi that just because technology can't give you what you want. That's called a tantrum, and it's unbecoming of you.

Peace and sorry if I spoke out of place or didn't use kiddie nice talk.

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    The dev blog states that the Quick Match map rotation is in place to give players the ability to familiarize themselves with a more curated selection of maps. The goal is also to make the playlist more dynamic and enjoyable, which is why we continue to make the dev team aware of how the majority of Casual players feel about the feature, but as Morning stated, unfortunately, we don't have anything to share at this time.

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    The dev blog states that the Quick Match map rotation is in place to give players the ability to familiarize themselves with a more curated selection of maps. The goal is also to make the playlist more dynamic and enjoyable, which is why we continue to make the dev team aware of how the majority of Casual players feel about the feature, but as Morning stated, unfortunately, we don't have anything to share at this time.
    This is entirely unnecessary. Players have multiple friendly avenues to use to familiarize themselves with maps. They can do so in Custom Games, where they can explore freely. They also have options in Terrorist Hunt to limit the map selections to just the ones they want to learn. Given those 2 very viable options, I would say that limiting MP for the rest of the community inconveniences more players than it truly helps.
     11 people found this helpful

If you want to give people the option to limit the selection of maps in quickmatch then why not give the option to deselect matchmaking for certain maps or a map ban like the one currently proposed for ranked or some agency over the maps they play instead of telling them "here's your map pool, you're gonna get one of these at random and deal with it"?
     2 people found this helpful

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Unranked?
     2 people found this helpful

Still wondering what was the logic with removing Outback from Casual but keeping it in Ranked. Are new players supposed to learn the map on terrorist-hunt now ?
     5 people found this helpful

I want plane back in Casual and even in Unranked.

Also, When I started to play siege a lot. The way I learnt maps was by going in a custom game and walking freely around to learn the layouts. If that is too much for newcomers why not have the map rotation pool in the "Newcomers" gamemode of casual.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by NISJames Go to original post
    I want plane back in Casual and even in Unranked.
    I wish I could trade in Tower, Fortress and New Hereford for Plane, House and Old hereford

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Nick Witucki Go to original post
    I wish I could trade in Tower, Fortress and New Hereford for Plane, House and Old hereford
    Old Hereford? Interesting. What don't you like about the rework?
     1 people found this helpful