Battle Pass: A Possible Teaser?

I'm not sure where else a Battle Pass progression exists other than Fortnite and the other Battle Royale games. So to me it appears to be a possible teaser that perhaps the game devs have been toying with the idea of creating their own version of a Battle Royale game mode with For Honor. I know I have thought about this idea since last year. I honestly think it can work. Like why not? Most if not all of those Battle Royale games are just shooter based types. For Honor would have a different take since its mostly melee. Thoughts?

There are probably others but there is one I can think of immediately. Destiny 2 has essentially the same thing with its seasonal content system. Specific loot, cosmetics, resources, etc. which are all able to be preview from rank 1 to max rank. So the system does exist outside a Battle Royale game and personally I hope For Honor never goes that direction. I hate BR games myself and that would really kill a chunk of my desire to play For Honor. But that is just me.

EvoX.'s Avatar Senior Member
    No.
     1 people found this helpful

Vakris_One's Avatar Senior Member
    Plenty of games that aren't battle royales have battle passes. Destiny 2, Rocket League, Warframe, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Magic: The Gathering, etc.

The battle pass has become the latest fad that many games as a service have chosen to employ because microtransaction stores are copping a lot of flack lately. The battle pass mechanic itself is borrowed from free to play mobile games. It has no special relationship to the battle royale genre.