The Division 2 CTDing on startup

Hey everyone.

Recently my game has started crashing to desktop on the loading screen just after the snowdrop screen.

When I start my game, it will at first go black screen and then return to look like the normal loading screen, but just after the snowdrop screen, the game will just tab out, and ask me if I want to submit a crash report.

This is something that started happening just after the Episode 3 update came out.

I really hope you can help me!

Try checking your game files and clear shader cache folder in Documents\My Games\Tom Clancy's The Division 2\ShaderCache

Unfortunately clearing the shader cache folder didn't do it. After I cleared the folder I tried starting my game 4 times: Two of the times the game would just go black screen not being able to be closed, the third time the game was able to load for a longer time (about 60%) than it was able to before (about 20%). The fourth time the game was stuck on the connecting screen for some time, and then it was able to load about 60% before crashing.
    (I cleared the shader cache every time the game crashed)

i seem to have the same problem. I can start the game but after loading roughly 40 - 60% it freezes for a moment and then crashes.

I've verified my files 4 times. reinstalled my game once. Updated my drivers. Updated my AMD software to version 20.2.1

I'm at my wits end here and furious AF. Before that update last Wednesday my game worked fine but ofcourse Ubi**** had to ruin everything.

Any cure for this **** yet?

If your CPU does not have SSE 4.2 support check out this thread.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...er-last-update

I have just taken a look at the linked thread.

I guess I'll just abandon D2 if my CPU for some reason isn't good enough even though I've been playing D2 for many hours with it. For some reason, ubi doesn't get that the newest hardware is very expensive.

This sucks!

Originally Posted by Raging_Raider Go to original post
    i seem to have the same problem. I can start the game but after loading roughly 40 - 60% it freezes for a moment and then crashes.

I've verified my files 4 times. reinstalled my game once. Updated my drivers. Updated my AMD software to version 20.2.1

I'm at my wits end here and furious AF. Before that update last Wednesday my game worked fine but ofcourse Ubi**** had to ruin everything.

Any cure for this **** yet?
    This issue probably won't get fixed since ubi has chosen to cut off everybody with a "too old" cpu, even tho we have been playing the game for many hours.

i dont think its just old processors

cause my i7-7700k doesn't work either anymore and i am still above the required processors on the official website. I think the screwed up the update

did you tried checking files integrity? You didn't mentioned that.

Originally Posted by Dvornyak Go to original post
    did you tried checking files integrity? You didn't mentioned that.
    I have checked my games file integrity and repaired the corrupted files, but it still doesn't work.