Possible buff to make Nøkk more viable

I think it's pretty obvious Nøkk doesn't do too much as an operator right now. I think something too make her more viable and would be an addition to her gadget's ability. I think while she has her gadget activated she should bypass all kinds of traps (besides frost mats). With this new addition to her ability she would not set off concussion mines, gu mines, and EDD's while her gadget is activated. Would like to hear anyone's feedback on this idea
     2 people found this helpful

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    That definitely sounds worth exploring. Your idea certainly has merit.

Maybe recoil reduction while her gadget is active might help also.

I also suggested some time ago that she have a "silent" breach charge as secondary gadget (like Theremite's maybe, without the boom; it would just fry a barricade). Making a crap-ton of noise upon entry defeats the purpose of a "stealth" operator.

I'd also like to see her get the MP5SD (with an ACOG option) as part of her primary choices as well. Even after the recent buff, her loadout is pretty "meh".
     2 people found this helpful

Making a crap-ton of noise upon entry defeats the purpose of a "stealth" operator.
    That would be an interesting secondary gadget. A 'quiet' breach charge. Hmmm - I like it.
     1 people found this helpful

New Breaching Gadget for Nokk

what if the gadget could be placed on a barricade and kind of dissolved/fried it? and instead of a loud boom, it just made a quiet hissing noise. On the animation side of things, the could make the barricade char as if maverick were burning it, then it just becomes ashes. It could be a sort of primacord-type rope that she places on the edges of the barricade and it burns it off of whatever it's attached to. idk just some ideas

I like the idea of bypassing traps while in black out mode. That seems like a more viable addition to her load out.

Or simply moving faster while in black out.

The silent entry breach charge would have to be a second gadget. She already gets standard breach charges or claymores. So a unique breach charge would be two gadgets, versus improving her existing gadget.

I dont think she needs a different weapon. The post buff FMG-9 is flat and fast. I've been playing Smoke and Nokk lately and have no issues with it.

She's a fragger. Plain and simple. Get in quietly and get some picks. But she's not a fast counter to Cav, she moves too slow. Lesion is a counter she could do without. I like the bypass Lesion/Kapkan traps idea.

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Birddog6424 Go to original post
    The silent entry breach charge would have to be a second gadget.
    ..yep, I'm talking about introducing a brand-new secondary gadget to the game, to take the place of the standard breach charge in her kit. The FMG-9 is an okay weapon after the recent buff, but I'd still prefer to have the MP5SD. I think it would still fit with her operator style, and would be a nice addition I think.

That said, I do think OP's idea of getting past certain gadgets has a lot of merit, and is definitely worth taking a good hard look at.

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by snow-halation. Go to original post
    I think it's pretty obvious Nøkk doesn't do too much as an operator right now. I think something too make her more viable and would be an addition to her gadget's ability. I think while she has her gadget activated she should bypass all kinds of traps (besides frost mats). With this new addition to her ability she would not set off concussion mines, gu mines, and EDD's while her gadget is activated. Would like to hear anyone's feedback on this idea
    Hmm. The idea of Nokk being able to silently move through traps sounds cool at a first glance, but I can't help but think of the potential "overpowered" aspect that might come with an ability like that.

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    Hmm. The idea of Nokk being able to silently move through traps sounds cool at a first glance, but I can't help but think of the potential "overpowered" aspect that might come with an ability like that.
    It makes sense for her to be able to move through Kapkans, since her ability technically turns her invisible. She should still have to deal with Gue mines, Frost traps, and any trap that she physically touches to set off

Agreed ... Nokk's invisibility cloak should theoretically make it so she could pass through the Kapkan trap beam - as well as Claymores - without setting it off. That makes sense. But having her be vulnerable to physically activated traps like Gu Mines and Frost mats sounds fair. It wouldn't be "OP" because Kap traps aren't the end-all-be-all ... there would be other traps she would still have to be wary of.

And the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Nokk having silent breach charges. Giving her the ability to infiltrate a soft breach quietly would be a nice addition that would add a new wrinkle. If she had an "acid" breach that just made a quiet hissing sound rather than a breach blast that defenders can hear across the entire map then she'd have a unique team-assisting role of selecting an insertion point, quietly opening it, and allowing the team to get in without making a huge clatter. That's cool.

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by The_.Riddler Go to original post
    Agreed ... Nokk's invisibility cloak should theoretically make it so she could pass through the Kapkan trap beam - as well as Claymores - without setting it off. That makes sense. But having her be vulnerable to physically activated traps like Gu Mines and Frost mats sounds fair. It wouldn't be "OP" because Kap traps aren't the end-all-be-all ... there would be other traps she would still have to be wary of.

And the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Nokk having silent breach charges. Giving her the ability to infiltrate a soft breach quietly would be a nice addition that would add a new wrinkle. If she had an "acid" breach that just made a quiet hissing sound rather than a breach blast that defenders can hear across the entire map then she'd have a unique team-assisting role of selecting an insertion point, quietly opening it, and allowing the team to get in without making a huge clatter. That's cool.
    I'll bring the idea up to the team and see what they think. Thanks for the suggestion!